5GBps.com - 1GBps Unmetered VPS, Windows/Linux, HDD/SSD, DDoS Protected-from $29 (EU)

Big space RAID10 SATA3 or ultra fast RAID10 SSD with smaller space?

• RAID10 SATA3

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • RAID10 SSD

Votes: 49 52.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Review about 5Gbps:

Firstly befor I bought the server I have talked with them via Support Ticket about discounts prices etc ...
Average Response time : 5 Min ( Sales Department )
They maked me a good offer ,

I bought the VPS the activation was Instant , I was happy with the server always got full speed , CPU was a little bit slow but it was ok :)

Yesterday some one has hacked my server changed the SSH Password and sended out UDP Flood Attacks ( DOS Attacks )
5Gbps has suspended my server and told me about this .

I was at this time via mobile online I answered them and told them that my SSH password got changed and some one has hacked my server .

they replied again and told me that they have unsuspended my server but set a Nullroute ( it mean that I can access the Server only via the console in SolusVm ) for security .

I was like ok , I fixed everything changed the SSH Port maked a Anti DDOS software found a script in the system and remove it well over 1 hour of work .

I send them a msg again that I have fixed everything and to remove the nullroute from the server .
But still since 21 hour now still no reply no news nothing .

Server Speed : 7/10 ( Server speed is verry good cpu load is a little bit slow but it's ok for the price )
Down/Up Speed : 9/10 ( get great ping and speed from other servers in RO/US/NL/FR )
Sales support : 10/10 ( Helped me out with everything at beggining and answered all my Questions )
Tech Support : 2/10 ( Slow even extremly slow response time ! for 21 hour of waiting I belive they realy not care about the VPS's of the clients and ther Websites/Business what it makes me actually thinking to switch to another provider but let's see ... ).

Regards
Simo

Hello simoestcool. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services.

The tech team answered very fast. Your ticket was assigned to sales and then to network management. Normally we don't remove nullroutes faster than 24 hours.

Nullroutes are placed to protect our network and keep the quality of service at high standards. Keeping DDoS attacked VPSes online, means every VPS connected in same switch port would experience very slow network, high ping and packet loss.

You actually can't secure your VPS against DDoS attacks (everyone know this). The attack type against your VPS was UDP Spoofed DNS amplificated. This kind of attacks are very hard to mitigate and you need a performant firewall to handle this attacks. This kind of hardware firewalls are very expensive and of course VPS price would be bigger. We will launch DDoS protected VPS soon at a relatively low price. You can check this on our website.

Your VPS is now online. Hope that you wont be attacked again. Good luck with your business!

Hi ,

My Server is online and working great thank you 5Gbps !

For Users who get the same attack :
It's possible to secure the VPS against the UDP Spoof attack by just blocking the DNS Port 53 and Installing Internal Dns Servers ,and for more security against other attacks I recommend all ports exept port 80 to be closed even the FTP Port ,when you need any other port for FTP or something its possible to unblock it via SolusVM Serial Console .

In this way the Server will be secure 100%

Thank you again !
Regards

Last edited:
Ok ,

Last 3 Days I have orded another VPS wich was working extremly slow , yesterday over 6 Hours and my website is down , I get another VPS from another provider so I can keep my website online .

Today I asked for refund but they didn't want to give me my money back here is the whol support ticket :

Hello Sir

The Vps was for over 6 hours down I have tried to boot it every hour but same problem.
you know alright that I have IT Knowledges
Now I got a VPS from another provider that's why I asked for refund because I didn't need 3 VPS

The VPS I have requested a refund for it its less than 3 Days old and dissapointed from it because the verry bad performance and network

I want to cancel this one and keep my second one

If you tell me that a refund for a 3 days days VPS is impossible it will be my last month using your services.

I have planed a long terme business with you with my first VPS but if you cannot cancel this one and refund me for it i will set it to offline and leave.

if you gonna refund it tell it me so i can move my stuff to my other vps hosted by you.

Thank you
Regards

Hello,

Our TOS is very clear. You have used our services for more than 7 days, even if one of your VPS was active for only 3 days.
The 7 days money back guarantee is offered, to let users check the quality of our services and if they are not satisfied, to refund. If a client used a service from us for more than 7 days, it is no longer eligible for a refund. He already knows the quality of our services and is familiar with 5Gbps.com. That's why the 7 days money back guarantee is offered globally per client. That means, clients having at last ONE active service with us for more than 7 days are no longer eligible for partial or full refund.

If you choose to leave, you are free to do it. We hope you will find better services elsewhere.

Regards,
5Gbps Administration
E-mail: contact@5gbps.com

That's what I call Hidding behind rules what a fucking excuse for not refunding a client for bad service
I maked my trust in this company and orded 2 VPS

The first one was working great and the second one is just shit! and now they tell me We can't refund you because of our Terms ...

I will not open a dispute in Paypal or anything like that just keep the 29$ if you need it im done with you
But I will write some verry good reviews ...

Oh and about the slow performance of this VPS I'm 100% Overselling

NOT RECOMMENDED

Regards
Simo

Last 3 Days I have orded another VPS wich was working extremly slow , yesterday over 6 Hours and my website is down , I get another VPS from another provider so I can keep my website online .
You never reported that your VPS was working slow. In the screenshots you have sent to us we discovered that your VPS is offline because you have sent lot of commands to it without waiting for completition. We booted up your VPS and now works perfectly.

The node have 0.03 load, also on graphs there were not problems on the node. Also we had no alerts on the node.

Please recheck your post. You have 2 contradictory affirmations:

The first one was working great and the second one is just shit! and now they tell me We can't refund you because of our Terms ...
100% Overselling

Now we are overselling or your VPS was just working great? Why did you not report any issue with your VPS if you had problems with it? Our staff would fix your problems with your VPS ASAP if there were real problems.

That's what I call Hidding behind rules what a fucking excuse for not refunding a client for bad service
We were not notified about your issues, so let us belive that everything worked fine on your VPS and you are searching for excuses, needing your money to pay for the new VPS. Am I wrong?
Also we are not hiding behind the rules, we just respect them:

We offer full refund for any services active with us within the first 7 days of activity with our company. No motivation!

Your activity with our company started on 06.09.2013 (16 days ago).

Last edited:
Hello ,

Firstly im only 8 Hours a day online and I orded the VPS at 18/09 and today is 21/09 so in Total I have spend 24 Hours for testing the VPS
But yesterday when many visitors was online ( 100 Visitors ) the Servers become slow , Last days I was just trieng to connect the second Server to the first one via Mysql .

So yesterday was my full test for the server and I say it again Overselling

I have tried to boot the VPS every hour but without luck , I was not even able to access SolusVM without waiting 20 min to show up

This one working great : vps7944.5gbps.com - Storage1
This one I asked for a refund because is just shit : vps2105.5gbps.com - Storage11

Im realy not satisfied with the second one , By the way if it was not from you can you tell me what this Screenshot means ?

timeout4.png

A good provider will refund me for this VPS to keep me satisied as I have already another one from you , But as I said if you need the 29$ I PAID just keep it as a gift .

And you loose a long term client that my last time I will use your Services I was going to extend my first VPS in the next month but for you is MONEY MORE IMPORTANT THEN CLIENTS so just keep it scammer.

Hidding Behind Rules that is the only thing what makes me realy sick
If you have NO MONEY just tell me I need the 29$ and I will give it to you without hidding yourself behind rules .

PS : I have more money than your whol company I can give a Screen if you want , But I hate to pay for something im not satisfied with even for 1$ I will request a refund .

but Thank you for nothing
Regards
Simo

Last edited:
Firstly im only 8 Hours a day online and I orded the VPS at 18/09 and today is 21/09 so in Total I have spend 24 Hours for testing the VPS
But yesterday when many visitors was online ( 100 Visitors ) the Servers become slow , Last days I was just trieng to connect the second Server to the first one via Mysql .

So yesterday was my full test for the server and I say it again Overselling

I have tried to boot the VPS every hour but without luck , I was not even able to access SolusVM without waiting 20 min to show up
Why did you not notified us about this? I can make you sure that our tech team would be happy to solve your problem. We never denied to help you.

By the way if it was not from you can you tell me what this Screenshot means ?
Your screenshot means XEN doesn't refresh used space, only after the first reboot of your VPS. Dom0 has no access to the lvm while the VPS is running. This also prooves that your VPS was up and running and never rebooted.

A good provider will refund me for this VPS to keep me satisied as I have already another one from you , But as I said if you need the 29$ I PAID just keep it as a gift .
A good provider would respect his contract with you, even if the client has the advantage or the provider.

PS : I have more money than your whol company I can give a Screen if you want , But I hate to pay for something im not satisfied with even for 1$ I will request a refund .
I'm sure that nobody is interested in your financial situation. I agree that you should request even $1 refund if you are not satisfied, but first you should try to solve the problem and leave the refund as the last option. Also you should respect your contract first and not asking the provider for something that is not in the contract (refunding in 16 days).

Adhsky, you have updated your kernel and your new kernel needs changes on our end. We are working on your issue. We will update your ticket once we booted your VPS back :)

Adhsky: We had to change some configs on our side, to make your new kernel work. It was not an easy process. Glad to hear that everything's back to normal :)

VPS OFF - check my ticket #806969

5Gbps support is the worst possible... --'

Last edited:
After 4 months of using this service, I'm now having the issue. When you see the fault is yours, first of all, apologize. Then propose the solutions. Do not drag me around. I even have posted proof saying it's your fault. Why saying "I have notified blah blah", when you even didn't? How unfortunate of me to be failed in your migration and also NOT receiving your notification emails of backing up my files? Also where's responsibles when you say now you don't have control over FDC servers?

I look forward to have my node back online to backup my files. Otherwise I'll have to leave a very bad review for both attitude of support and service.

What's the difference in evo and fdc? I see they are both in Netherlands.
Is it possible to get a trial for the best vps for a deluge seedbox?
I have tried many here on wjunction who offer seedboxes and even the expensive ones are terrible.
Thanks.

Last edited:
@vietuploaders To make things clear, we have sent an e-mail to all our clients 1 month before discontinuing our FDC plans. There was a big queue of mails, so it is possible that not all clients received that e-mail. Unfortunately your VPS was crashed and the migration didn't completed successfully to EVO. The VPS was crashed before migrating. Probably a kernel update maked it crash. Like you said 4 months everything worked well, so you know that we offer verry good quality services. We hope you will keep using our services and we are very sorry about the migration issue.

@soundlover We no longer offer FDC plans. Here is EVO test file: http://94.75.223.121/speedtest/100mb.bin We can provide a demo for EVO plans. Just open a ticket on our website and ask our staff to setup a demo VPS for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back