3 biggest pet peeves for file hosting sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurieed2002

Hey, I just wanted to get everyone's input on what they feel their 3 biggest pet peeves are about the current file hosting service they are using or ones they have used in the past. If you don't have 3, 1 or 2 biggest pet peeves will work too! (Hopefully no one has more than three because I would assume if you have a whole list then either you need to quit your current service and find a new one or maybe you just haven't found one yet and you are looking). I would love to hear everyone's comments, thanks!

8 comments
Super slow download speeds 45kbps to 55kbps is pathetic download speed for registered users should be a min of 1mbps to 1.5mbps

Long wait times between download 1hr to 4hrs sucks 15 to 30 min is fine

Being only able to download 1gb to 5gb a day as registered user 10gb would be cool

Max download size for guests and registered users 1gb sucks should be 2.5gb

Storage for registered 30gb to 50gb that is not cool 350gb to 500gb would be fine

Hey DJboutit,
I agree with what you just said. I also consider one of my biggest pet peeves to be when the file hosting company changes their terms of service after you have paid for a premium membership. What I am talking about is, for example, one file hosting company originally said a paid user could download 50gb per day, after paying they came back later and changed their max download per day to 25gb! To me that is a total disregard for your paying customers, they paying customers are the reason they are able pay their bills, so it's completely unacceptable to change terms, for the worse, after people have already paid. Thanks for your input DJbouit, and I hope others weigh in with their opinion as well.

One more thing I do not like to see is upload download spots all taken up that means that like 80% of upload and down priority is give to premium users

removing accounts after multiple dmca. you people know very well 99% people gonna use your filehost to host and share warez files. also biggest shit filehost mostly new comers and noobs does, they leak their users info to authorities. filehost should protect their users privacy.

Hey iAmDjMAD, that is a good one. What do propose they do? In other words, if you were the one running the file hosting site, and you received multiple DMCA complaints, what would you do with the user?

Hey Maniac_, what is the web address, I would love to check it out...see if it falls in the pet peeve list! ;) Just kidding, I would love to check it out!

I think 10TB is a must R2-D2!

I think 10TB is a must R2-D2! Of course, are you talking about a premium membership having 10TB?

Hey DJboutit,

What if there was a way for users to 'buy' a premium download slot? What I mean is, no matter what your subscription level, if you wanted to move up in the queue you could maybe pay a little extra, or maybe have points that can be earned and then use those points to secure a higher spot in the queue. What are your thoughts on this? Anyone else with any thoughts I welcome those too, just a thought of mine that I would love some input on....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back