Status
Not open for further replies.

mafisto00

Banned
Banned
hello everyone.

I've heard a lot of websites use xfilesharing
also
1.heard xfilesharing is pretty old coding.
2. very expensive comparing to all other services.
3. support isn't so good from what i'v seen.
4. updates about ones a year
5. Custom mods, why are they so expensive and extra $$ per server?

Yetishare
1. newer coding.
2. heard if the best back end.
3. support is great from what i'v seen.
4.update twice a year. a lot of upgrades.
5.Custom mods from xfilesharing are already included.

Can some one show we where i am wrong with choosing yetishare over xfilesharing?
any other service better then both?

regards

91 comments
I really like what I've seen regarding YetiShare, it looks very professional (almost to professional:cough:)

But I can't figure out why 90% of the users here are running with XFS? is there any big sites running with YetiShare?

I really like what I've seen regarding YetiShare, it looks very professional (almost to professional:cough:)

But I can't figure out why 90% of the users here are running with XFS? is there any big sites running with YetiShare?

Thanks for your comments. :)

I wouldn't say xfs accounts for 90% although don't forget xfs has been around for a while so there'll be more older posts here. We're relatively new (well 3 years!) but already have a good user base & community. I'll send you a PM with some of our busier sites.

, lol. Why did you edited your post so much? Completely changed your mind? You have been threatened?

Hi,

Yes i changed my mind about a few things i had put and thought id take another approach! :)
What do you mean by Threatened i dont get this comment?

Few things? Your new comment is completely opposite and I thought that someone forced you to change your mind :)

I'll leave old one here just for history:
businesscat said:
Hi Guys,

I have been read through all your comments personally Yetishare is very good but so is xfilesharing what you need to look at is what you need the scripts for ie if you are planning to build a file hosting business you need to look at a few things:
1. The script and its features with this you need to mainly look at what features it has that the other scripts does not have and choose what features you will need for your file hosting business :) ....

2. The coding and structure of the code just encase you need to make changes to the script which in most cases is 100% ...

3. The costs some scripts like Yetishare might be cheap but they are cheap for a reason most likely and i sorry to say this Adam they are catering to small people who think they can make money by setting up a file hosting company and will make lots of money in a way you may be fooling people into buying a worthless business venture ! Know xfile clearly have not taken that approach as their script its fairly expensive and 1000's of customers use them as they have some wicked features & security !!

I also think a big issue that i found and this is pointed to Yetishare is how many illegal scripts i have found on the Internet surely if you going to make a script like Yetishare your number one priority is making sure its secure lol yes i know Yetishare have tried but clearly FAILED BIG TIME LOL !!

I would go with xfile 100%

IMO, yeti spending too much attention on promotion and graphics design, but forget about real life usage - performance, user experience, etc. That's why it just looks good (like someone said here - "professional"), but when it comes to real life usage and high load - fails. I think that's the answer on question why 90% sites here using xfilesharing.

but when it comes to real life usage and high load - fails

With what information can you back this up? We have people coming to us daily saying they've had enough of xfilesharing (specifically the support) and migrating their sites to us.

I'm open to a discussion about which script performs better but simply stating something "fails" isn't really a justified argument.

It was exactly the same for the post you've quoted from businesscat. He tried to claim our script was insecure just because it was being shared on nulled forums - I don't see the logic in this given we supply the source code with the script. Sharing it doesn't make it insecure... xfilesharing on the other hand encrypts some of their code, who knows what code they have in there. I know that if I purchased something I'd want to have access to every piece of code.

Here's an example, did you know for instance that xfilesharing passwords are reversible? So given the key from the code and the database all of your users passwords could be reversed. Not good if your server gets hacked! Look at any good password security advice online and they'll tell you NEVER to store passwords in reversible format, it's a huge risk for your users. YetiShare uses industry recommended SHA256 with PBKDF2 for password storage. It's one-way encryption so even if someone does hack your server and get the database, it would be nearly impossible to figure out the passwords. It's the same technology lastpass use to store their user data - https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-settings/general/password-iterations-pbkdf2/.

This is just 1 example the security we've considered in YetiShare.

Last edited:
I've tried yetishare's current version, and I think it's very light on the load. I've made preparations and got the necessary info before setting up a server for yetishare installation. I did the setup myself, with some assistance from support tickets asking about stuffs and managed to install it on a LEMP setup. I'm still testing it, but so far it's good.

And 100% source code really helps. I can customize the script on my own needs, as well as make my own custom theme/plugin.

unfortunatly webma$ter has a little bit right. think about the the remote upload issue with NGINX + https file server . It doesn't work with yetishare and you have all access to test this problem!
It seems you (simon) always try first to find user-caused errors! Your script isn't perfect and if someone will give you the chance to improve it, you should also give more effort -.-

Hey anojack,

Sorry to hear you've had issues. Our demo site runs on nginx so we know it all works fine. I'm not aware of your ticket but if you PM me the ticket ref I'll take a look for you.

Thanks,
Adam.

Your Demo site has "NO" working remote file server installed! Don't try to give the impression that this issue is my cause! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Hey anojack,

I've setup our demo site with an external file server on https just so I can test this ourselves (https://fs1.fhscript.com). It's uploading and getting remote files fine over https. I've left it like that if you want to have a look over it. You mentioned in your ticket about us sharing our server config so I'll do this if you're still interested in setting it up with 'direct' servers.

The FTP delete bug was reported for some FTP servers. There is a fix for it. If you want me to patch it onto your site I can do it today for you.

The forum support is community based, we don't monitor it for script support ourselves. The ticketing system is the main method to get in touch.

I'm about for the next hour so I'll do my best to help tonight, otherwise I'll get back to you tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Adam.

Last edited:
I've also tried adding a remote fileserver once just to try if it works when I first got the script. It works fine AFAIK. I've only had probelms because I thought sftp works in it. I just had to install another proftpd to have a different ftp access for the remote server. It works, adding/uploading/deleting files on my case.

MU/UL/RG/etc use custom script coded by themselves.

People talking sh*t about YS seem to forget about some heavy security issues on XFS. Remember the affiliate cookie jacking drama? :facepalm: Remember the CSRF exploit on payment infos form where hundreds of uploaders got their incomes stolen? :facepalm:
Plus there still are retarded things on XFS script like that ridiculous/useless plaintext captcha :facepalm:
Greedy SibSoft charging 200$ for compiling nginx from source with a few extra modules and a few extra lines in the conf files :facepalm:
If YS script was sold 1k$, nobody would doubt about its reliability, but since it's only 100$ everyone is suspicious :facepalm: Keep feeding SibSoft sheeps :facepalm: Disastrous perl script :facepalm:

Keep up the good work YS, it's a great script so far. From what I see, the only thing missing is the ability to ftp upload without having to run a php script rightafter to move/process the uploaded files. You'll need more than php to achieve this. Hats off to you for selling it open source code, that's huge.

MU/UL/RG/etc use custom script coded by themselves.

People talking sh*t about YS seem to forget about some heavy security issues on XFS. Remember the affiliate cookie jacking drama? :facepalm: Remember the CSRF exploit on payment infos form where hundreds of uploaders got their incomes stolen? :facepalm:
Plus there still are retarded things on XFS script like that ridiculous/useless plaintext captcha :facepalm:
Greedy SibSoft charging 200$ for compiling nginx from source with a few extra modules and a few extra lines in the conf files :facepalm:
If YS script was sold 1k$, nobody would doubt about its reliability, but since it's only 100$ everyone is suspicious :facepalm: Keep feeding SibSoft sheeps :facepalm: Disastrous perl script :facepalm:

Keep up the good work YS, it's a great script so far. From what I see, the only thing missing is the ability to ftp upload without having to run a php script rightafter to move/process the uploaded files. You'll need more than php to achieve this. Hats off to you for selling it open source code, that's huge.

What's up about that "cookie jacking drama" - we're not aware of it. But the only CSRF found was fixed immediately.
Every software product contain vulnerabilities and that's matter of time when they will be found. Most important how fast you will fix it and inform your customers.

You mention text captcha 2nd time on WJ, what's your problem with it? There are 3 more captcha types to use (default GD image, solvemedia, recaptcha). Surprisingly, but it's being used by some people.

Also not sure why our pricing bother you so much - you're free to create your own script and sell it even for $1 and then support it for free, that's fully up to you.

You seems to be very jealous of xfilesharing for some reason. Better tell everyone what happened with your self-written script and why did you closed your file sharing site?

but when it comes to real life usage and high load - fails

With what information can you back this up? We have people coming to us daily saying they've had enough of xfilesharing (specifically the support) and migrating their sites to us.

We can tell absolutely the same :) But plus performance problems. You just recently read about XAccelRedirect and implemented (or maybe cloned) it in your last version, while we were using it for years already.

It was exactly the same for the post you've quoted from businesscat. He tried to claim our script was insecure just because it was being shared on nulled forums - I don't see the logic in this given we supply the source code with the script. Sharing it doesn't make it insecure... xfilesharing on the other hand encrypts some of their code, who knows what code they have in there. I know that if I purchased something I'd want to have access to every piece of code.

Maybe that's like "if you can't protect your own script from copying all over the net, then how your script can protect our users and their data"?

Here's an example, did you know for instance that xfilesharing passwords are reversible? So given the key from the code and the database all of your users passwords could be reversed. Not good if your server gets hacked! Look at any good password security advice online and they'll tell you NEVER to store passwords in reversible format, it's a huge risk for your users. YetiShare uses industry recommended SHA256 with PBKDF2 for password storage. It's one-way encryption so even if someone does hack your server and get the database, it would be nearly impossible to figure out the passwords. It's the same technology lastpass use to store their user data - https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-settings/general/password-iterations-pbkdf2/.
This is just 1 example the security we've considered in YetiShare.

First of all, that has been changed already.
Second, if intruder already got password hash and password key - then that means that he've got access to entire host AND db data, which means that you've been f***d up and in file sharing business, passwords is not the worst thing which may leak.

Unfortunately this thread turns into the flame/butthurt one with 1-post users and other funny tricks (we would not be surprised if that would be adam/simon clones, knowing the methods of promotion they use). We do not see any reason to participate in it any more. If anyone will have any questions - feel free to PM or contact us on our site.

Last edited:
I'm going to keep this factual as we wont be sucked into an argument.

just recently read about XAccelRedirect and implemented

We've had this feature for about a year. It's included as standard with our core script, along with full Nginx support. Unlike xfilesharing we don't charge extra to have the script working on Nginx.

Maybe that's like "if you can't protect your own script from copying all over the net, then how your script can protect our users and their data"?

I can't understand how you would stop a script with full source code from being shared, apart from encoding it. The fact we supply full source code means more users can pick it apart, so it's actually MORE secure.

if intruder already got password hash and password key - then that means that he've got access to entire host AND db data, which means that you've been f***d up

Sorry but this isn't how you should think about security. You should accept that a hacker will one day gain access to your site. It may not happen but you should prepare for it given the amount of ways they could get in. Imagine if I have a site with 100,000 users and someone gained access to the passwords. You can bet that the majority of them passwords are used by the same users on the other sites they use. So them users can have their PayPal account accessed, gmail, facebook etc. You are not protecting your users by storing the passwords in reversible format and you are responsible for this. It's just simply wrong.

1-post users and other funny tricks (we would not be surprised if that would be adam/simon clones, knowing the methods of promotion they use)

Feel free to check over all the users on this thread, you'll see they are genuine users with history on this forum. Actually, there is 1 who spoke in favour of xfilesharing which was a new user with 1 post & registered on the same day.

Our users are what matter to us, ultimately they choose who to go with. If anyone has any questions feel free to post or PM. We're on these forums quite regularly now so happy to help. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back