OffshoreWebspace.net -50GB HDD,3.3Ghz-1.5GB RAM,1Gbps,2TB BW $13(NL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds you like you blame us for downing the server? I really can't figure out any reason why a hosting provider wants downtime.

We also had a very big ddos attack against our servers last night, the biggest on the web till now hit 330gbit, we where hit by 100gbit.

All servers are back up now.

Last edited:
Galex, your company is offering a good service at an excellent price, as a client I'm happy with your company, but as a user, if I can not reach my website many times in a week (not only me, many others too), the service you comapny is offering wouldn't be useful to me anymore.
Are you taking (or going to take) any action againt these DDoS attacks?

Galex, your company is offering a good service at an excellent price, as a client I'm happy with your company, but as a user, if I can not reach my website many times in a week (not only me, many others too), the service you comapny is offering wouldn't be useful to me anymore.
Are you taking (or going to take) any action againt these DDoS attacks?

The problem is we can't continue offering our services for the same price if we include ddos protection.. At this time it is just really expensive.

We could start offering it but there will just be a few who will be able to pay for it, we still have some considerations to do about this.

DDoS

If DDoS attacks didn't exist in the world, the internet would be much better and faster. Lets hope OW can withstand DDoS attacks in the future. Hope everyone enjoys their hosting :) A++

Last edited:
It seems the DDOS attacks dropped a lot around 80-90% in the last couple of weeks, we have cancelled several VPS's which where targeted very frequently. Which now seems to have dramatically decreased the total amount of attacks against our servers. :heiligenschein: =D

I am with them for about 7 months! Some small downtimes but nothing to worry about. Support is good but it could be a bit faster. I totally suggest it!

Really Nice Service ....
I am using their VPS about 10 months. As somebody said - some small downtimes but nothing to worry about. I am really happy with them, very good hoster. I like good support!

I ordered a vps over 2 days ago. I paid in two invoices as there was an error. He did not apply the wjunction discount code. After paying host website went offline. Vps still pending. I requested a refund. Tickets not answered. Seems he does not honour his refund policy.

Code:
[URL="http://lilithimages.com/screenshots/offshorewebspace/2daysstillpending.png"]Still pending[/URL]
[URL="http://lilithimages.com/screenshots/offshorewebspace/2daysticketsnotupdated.png"]Tickets not answered[/URL]

Stated on their website:
"We are pretty confident with our Quality of Service (QoS) and are sure that once you become a part of our family, you'd like to stay, "But what if I don't wanna stay?" you may ask! We got that covered too, once you become a part of our family, you have a duration of full 7 days to evaluate our service, and if you aren't satisfied with our service just fire a support request to us, and we shall make that sure you aren't disappointed.Its as easy as that. Our ever growing family is a proof of our business "

He replied to ticket now and won't give refund. Blaming 2checkout. I suggest everyone to stay away from them.

"Our 2checkout is currently closed we currently can't receive or give refunds."

2checkout ticket:

Good Day,
Thank you for contacting 2Checkout. 2CO is an online payment processor so we will not have access to the seller's products. Please contact the seller as they are the business you made the purchase with and they will be able to assist you.

Last edited:
I ordered a vps over 2 days ago. I paid in two invoices as there was an error. He did not apply the wjunction discount code. After paying host website went offline. Vps still pending. I requested a refund. Tickets not answered. Seems he does not honour his refund policy.

Code:
[URL="http://lilithimages.com/screenshots/offshorewebspace/2daysstillpending.png"]Still pending[/URL]
[URL="http://lilithimages.com/screenshots/offshorewebspace/2daysticketsnotupdated.png"]Tickets not answered[/URL]

Stated on their website:
"We are pretty confident with our Quality of Service (QoS) and are sure that once you become a part of our family, you'd like to stay, "But what if I don't wanna stay?" you may ask! We got that covered too, once you become a part of our family, you have a duration of full 7 days to evaluate our service, and if you aren't satisfied with our service just fire a support request to us, and we shall make that sure you aren't disappointed.Its as easy as that. Our ever growing family is a proof of our business "

He replied to ticket now and won't give refund. Blaming 2checkout. I suggest everyone to stay away from them.

"Our 2checkout is currently closed we currently can't receive or give refunds."

2checkout ticket:

Good Day,
Thank you for contacting 2Checkout. 2CO is an online payment processor so we will not have access to the seller's products. Please contact the seller as they are the business you made the purchase with and they will be able to assist you.

We already explained to you why, our 2Checkout account got closed we are not allowed to sell or refund.
When we tried refunding you it returned an error. And it's true we where late with replying to our tickets, and we also explained this to you because we received this e-mail from our datacenter:

Subject: Network outage
"Dear x,

Our network has just been hit by a 100 gbit + DDOS. This impacted a large part of our customer base. We have mitigated this attack and services have been restored to normal parameters. At Ecatel we take every precaution to avoid these kind of outages but this attack was very strong. We will use the upcoming days to analyze this attack and improve our defense against it.

Thank you for your consideration,

Ecatel Network Operations Center"

And to this:
Seems he does not honour his refund policy.

I think you didn't even read our refund policy (Terms of Service) because it says the following:

Money Back Policy
Offshorewebspace.net have a strict "7DAY No Question Asked Money Back Guarantee". The money back guarantee only applies for shared and reseller services.

And btw we stopped giving refunds for VPS's because to many people abused the 7 day money back guarantee, use as much bandwidth as possible within 7 days and ask your money back -,-?. We didn't really appreciate it so here is our response.

Last edited:
I am now 5 months with this company and i am very satisfied!
The support is very fast(i do not need it very often that's the best :D )
And the quality is also very good!

The only thing that bothers me is that they not offer any other locations /:
in the past they had romania but this was not so good and i thought they would offer any other locations.

i give these guys an A++ !

please keep the good work on Galex :)

I am now 5 months with this company and i am very satisfied!
The support is very fast(i do not need it very often that's the best :D )
And the quality is also very good!

The only thing that bothers me is that they not offer any other locations /:
in the past they had romania but this was not so good and i thought they would offer any other locations.

i give these guys an A++ !

please keep the good work on Galex :)

Our DDOS protection packages will be located in Romania again, there protection should hold 500Gbit.
I will guarantee that we won't experience the same issue's again. :-=:heiligenschein:

LIE 1
"use as much bandwidth as possible within 7 days and ask your money back "
Of course I used the vps resources. I have proof showing the vps pending up to yesterday. So explain how I can use any resources? A pity I don't believe in magic anymore. Also I requested refund FEW MINUTES AFTER PAYING.

LIE 2
In tickets you and another person (if its another) said as soon as 2checkout problem is resolved, I get a refund.
STATED HERE
"And btw we stopped giving refunds for VPS's because to many people abused the 7 day money back guarantee, use as much bandwidth as possible within 7 days and ask your money back -,-?. We didn't really appreciate it so here is our response."

LIE 3
STATED HERE
"When we tried refunding you it returned an error."
Above as I quoted, you said you are not giving more vps refund? So why did you try to refund me?

LIE 4
STATED HERE
"We already explained to you why, our 2Checkout account got closed we are not allowed to sell or refund."

Not allowed to sell or give refunds. So I think this thread should be closed.

Normally we do refund the amount, but again our 2checkout is closed we can't sell or refund!

a98b1e425ed70fce10a219172361b5a1.png

We can't do anything with this account anymore! Even if we wanted to refund you we can't!
But since our 2checkout got closed its impossible for us to do it so now we re-call this part on the TOS which you accepted:

Money Back Policy
Offshorewebspace.net have a strict "7DAY No Question Asked Money Back Guarantee". The money back guarantee only applies for shared and reseller services

And no need for closing the topic we are already accepting payments again through regular paypal.
And in your ticket said you already said you where going to do a chargeback, so whats the problem?

LIE 5
"And no need for closing the topic we are already accepting payments again through regular paypal.

And in your ticket said you already said you where going to do a chargeback, so whats the problem?"

My payment was sent through Paypal.. You are accepting regular paypal, so how is it you cannot send refund? I gave you my paypal email I paid with in ticket days ago.

Chargeback will begin in 2 months - local bank policy. So if you give refund, you will diminish the risk of paypal closing your account too. And its no wonder 2checkout closed your account.

You paid your invoice with paypal to our 2Checkout account -,-
The payment gateway you used then was called: PayPal (2Checkout)

And again and again we can't refund you! even if we wanted to, the only way to get your money back is through a chargeback.

LIE 5"And no need for closing the topic we are already accepting payments again through regular paypal.
And in your ticket said you already said you where going to do a chargeback, so whats the problem?"

aeaa5dc84b0bf45851b36ddfd7ddc27d.png

And our remaining and "your money" is still locked in our 2Checkout not in our new paypal account, you will have to chargeback your money from where it is which is in our 2Checkout account.

Last edited:
We already explained to you why, our 2Checkout account got closed we are not allowed to sell or refund.
When we tried refunding you it returned an error. And it's true we where late with replying to our tickets, and we also explained this to you because we received this e-mail from our datacenter:

Subject: Network outage
"Dear x,

Our network has just been hit by a 100 gbit + DDOS. This impacted a large part of our customer base. We have mitigated this attack and services have been restored to normal parameters. At Ecatel we take every precaution to avoid these kind of outages but this attack was very strong. We will use the upcoming days to analyze this attack and improve our defense against it.

Thank you for your consideration,

Ecatel Network Operations Center"

I can confirm that this indeed did occur throughout the Ecatel networks as you have provided.

Chargeback will begin in 2 months - local bank policy. So if you give refund, you will diminish the risk of paypal closing your account too. And its no wonder 2checkout closed your account.

Have you filed a chargeback yet?

You paid your invoice with paypal to our 2Checkout account -,-
The payment gateway you used then was called: PayPal (2Checkout)

And again and again we can't refund you! even if we wanted to, the only way to get your money back is through a chargeback.

LIE 5"And no need for closing the topic we are already accepting payments again through regular paypal.

aeaa5dc84b0bf45851b36ddfd7ddc27d.png

And our remaining and "your money" is still locked in our 2Checkout not in our new paypal account, you will have to chargeback your money from where it is which is in our 2Checkout account.

Rule #1, customer always comes first. Your customer ordered something from you did not provide it. Regardless of what happened on your end to cause your 2Checkout account from closing doesn't pertain to the customer. You have to refund him regardless, whether that money comes out of the 2Checkout account or another account makes no difference. It is not your customers fault that the service wasn't provided, but yours. It is not your customers fault that they can't be refunded (as per your TOS) but yours.

You must resolve this issue immediately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back