VPS BoxSlots.com - Unmetered 100Mbit/1Gbit/2Gbit VPS from £24.99/month (Netherlands, USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the delayed reply everyone, our team has been working hard back-logging all the tickets/orders from our main server failure. Just a note for all customers, no data was lost, no client servers will have been affected.

comeback

1. Sorry, we do not offer VPS backups at this moment in time.
2. The main difference between the two management options is the priority your issue your tickets/requests are dealt with. To put it simply you will get a faster response time.
3. No you can take your license with whomever you like, we will not force you to use our licenses. However we can offer it to you for £15/monthly.

Mobius1

Thanks for your honest review, we appreciate that a lot!

ahmadka

1. Yes, you have complete control over your server, you may even reformat to a different operating system with just a few clicks.
2. The packages do not use a RAID setup.
3. Yes, we allow refunds 72 hours after your service is first activated.
4. No we do not offer test accounts due to people trying to DDoS with them.
5. You may use 10OFF, this will permanently give you 10% discount every month.
6. Yes we offer Ubuntu 9.10, 10.04, 10.10.

sSKKa

If you have any issues with accessing your server please contact us directly, posting brief information like this on a forum does not help us resolve anything unfortunately :)

Hi everyone I am posting my review of this awesome provider

First of all support is nothing short of amazing Rickie, Jamie and Ben are 3 very helpful guys, I can not thanked them enough for all their help,

Ok My review of the:

• NL-E750
  • 1 GB
  • 2 GB
  • 750 GB
  • 100 Mbit/s
Speeds: 20/10
Why 20 out of 10 well thats because you get more than 100mbit on it, I usually exceed 30MB/s Upload as the main seeder, as a downloader it can very from fast download (40MB/s and above with a slow upload ie around 5-7MB/s but hey for it being a 100mbit and getting them speeds is amazing) then if download speeds going around 5-15MB/s you usually get between 10-40MB/s this all depends on the peers too,

Support: 10/10 as stated above them three guys are great, if you every have any problems jump on the live chat where either of them will help or even the techies can help resolve issues too.

Service: Well I had to be moved from server, so can only estimate in what bandwidth I have used in 2 weeks on both the VPS slots I was on but its in the region of 12TB! overall the VPS is very good and fast enough considering it has 1gb ram with 2gb ram burstable. If you have not tried them before then I would recommmend them to ANYONE!

Thanks boxslots for the awesome 100mbit package :)

Michael S

Last edited:
been with these guys for 2 or 3 months now, the speed is excellent and so is the support its hard to find a good host these days so i am glad i signed up with them :)

Thanks for the reviews, feedback is always appreciated. This weekend we will be offering a huge 25% off of all Dedicated 100 Mbps packages. The promotion applies to both current & new customers and will end 12:00 GMT Sunday.

6yPne.png
NL - Dedicated 100Mbps

Coupon Code: 100DISCOUNT
* this code entitles you to a 25% first month discount on all 100 Mbps servers.

Burstable 2Gbit/s Connection? How much clients per server?

Also if you could include windows that would be much better.

Smith

There are between 10-12 clients per server. Each server is connected via a Dedicated Full Duplex 2Gbps connection which is shared equally amongst the users on the node. The reason we use the word burstable is simply because you do not receive a dedicated 2Gbps connection. Many other providers market their products in such a way that leads the consumer into thinking they receive a dedicated connection, this is not the case. We are just the same as any other provider, just a little more honest.

On a more positive note, we are seriously looking into offering both NL & US - XEN based packages which will support Windows. I can not give any ETA on this yet as we still have some licensing to finalize.

Smith

There are between 10-12 clients per server. Each server is connected via a Dedicated Full Duplex 2Gbps connection which is shared equally amongst the users on the node. The reason we use the word burstable is simply because you do not receive a dedicated 2Gbps connection. Many other providers market their products in such a way that leads the consumer into thinking they receive a dedicated connection, this is not the case. We are just the same as any other provider, just a little more honest.

On a more positive note, we are seriously looking into offering both NL & US - XEN based packages which will support Windows. I can not give any ETA on this yet as we still have some licensing to finalize.

Yes, well only dumb person would think he could get 1Gbps (or 2Gbps) dedicated line for 50 bucks, of course it's shared line but I just wanted to know approx number of clients per server.

Also I'm glad you are working on getting Windows in game, because Linux is useless for my needs at the moment.

Last edited:
Hello Smith,

We realistically plan on launching Xen environments within the next month or two, we take great pride & care in our systems & setups hence the extensive time we allow for preporation. We will be sure to post an announcement on our website and an update on here to let everyone know.

Rk.

Hello Smith,

We realistically plan on launching Xen environments within the next month or two, we take great pride & care in our systems & setups hence the extensive time we allow for preporation. We will be sure to post an announcement on our website and an update on here to let everyone know.

Rk.

That sounds great then. Can't wait ;)

haverns mio

Hello iHate,

The support rep you spoke to was correct SolusVM does report inaccurate data, but as for downtime yesterday that really is questionable as there was no reported downtime or network issues, i'm not calling you a liar so i will certainly have that looked into, if you would like to hop on live support and i can run over some details with you.

Rk.

hello about your comopany

Hello,

I'm a little confused, because I see your domain listed at 2010 but you said you have opened in 2011, you are not a serious company? Why are you closed in 2010? And why you started again? You plan to be a big company and stay forever?

© BoxSlots Ltd 2011. Registered in England & Wales

Can I have an explanation

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back