Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.cloudflare.com/

They have FREE plan, as well as paid
CloudFlare protects and accelerates any website online. Once your website is a part of the CloudFlare community, its web traffic is routed through our intelligent global network. We automatically optimize the delivery of your web pages so your visitors get the fastest page load times and best performance. We also block threats and limit abusive bots and crawlers from wasting your bandwidth and server resources. The result: CloudFlare-powered websites see a significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks.

CloudFlare's system gets faster and smarter as our community of users grows larger. We have designed the system to scale with our goal in mind: helping power and protect the entire Internet.

CloudFlare can be used by anyone with a website and their own domain, regardless of your choice in platform. From start to finish, setup takes most website owners less than 5 minutes. Adding your website requires only a simple change to your domain's DNS settings. There is no hardware or software to install or maintain and you do not need to change any of your site's existing code. If you are ever unhappy you can turn CloudFlare off as easily as you turned it on. Our core service is free and we offer enhanced services for websites who need extra features like real time reporting or SSL.

Realise that this 2 sites use them:

Metallica.com
lowendbox.com

Hi mate, i am using CloudFlare for my websites and i can recommend everyone to use it, with Cloud Flare my website is protected from DDOS attacks and many other attack and you protecting your Website from "Who Is" information !

You should know that cloudflare fails a lot lately, 10% of request finish into the "cloudflare always online page". I run a simple test with a perl script from my machine that request my webpage each 20 seconds and 10% of responses fall into "always online page", but my webpage is up and my server is up too and runing good, because websites that not use cloudflare are up and runing and return 100% of good responses.

At the same time i see a new desing of the "always online" webpage, with a button that says try a "live version of the site" (or something similar).
If users push this button bypass cloudflare cache?
When do you plan to add always online page with caching system? because is a total lie what you say at your webpage, the always online webpage WITH a cached version NEVER worked for me and many other firends that use the system.

Thanks for your attention.

Hi mate, i am using CloudFlare for my websites and i can recommend everyone to use it, with Cloud Flare my website is protected from DDOS attacks and many other attack and you protecting your Website from "Who Is" information !

no ... it doesn't protect you from whois information - since that's down to your registrar, cloudflare isn't a registrar, it's a reverse ip service.

anyhow, they are good ... but if you've got a website with a bit of traffic they'll ban your account for having to much traffic ... fair of them to do that, but they don't offer a service for big websites at the same time ... so it's kinda crap in that regards.

but yeah, if you've got a small site and you want to protect it from ddos, cloudflare is a great site to use :)

You are wrong or maybe i didn't explain well ! Cloud Flare protect your real IP address from "Who is Hosting" ! So you can't saw my real IP address when you ping my domain or something like that and with that option you are somehow protected from DDOS attack because you are using Cloud Flare like proxy! Am i right ?

You should know that cloudflare fails a lot lately, 10% of request finish into the "cloudflare always online page". I run a simple test with a perl script from my machine that request my webpage each 20 seconds and 10% of responses fall into "always online page", but my webpage is up and my server is up too and runing good, because websites that not use cloudflare are up and runing and return 100% of good responses.

At the same time i see a new desing of the "always online" webpage, with a button that says try a "live version of the site" (or something similar).
If users push this button bypass cloudflare cache?
When do you plan to add always online page with caching system? because is a total lie what you say at your webpage, the always online webpage WITH a cached version NEVER worked for me and many other firends that use the system.

Thanks for your attention.

You are getting that error message, if server is actually up, because you have server or host rules blocking requests from our IPs. Please make sure that our IPS are whitelisted.

"If users push this button bypass cloudflare cache?"
No. It just retries the site to see if the site is up and running again.

"When do you plan to add always online page with caching system? because is a total lie what you say at your webpage, the always online webpage WITH a cached version NEVER worked for me and many other firends that use the system."
Always Online does have some limitations right now (working on a better version). It won't kick in, for example, if the server is not returning a 502 or 504 response code & there are other factors.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

no ... it doesn't protect you from whois information - since that's down to your registrar, cloudflare isn't a registrar, it's a reverse ip service.

anyhow, they are good ... but if you've got a website with a bit of traffic they'll ban your account for having to much traffic ... fair of them to do that, but they don't offer a service for big websites at the same time ... so it's kinda crap in that regards.

but yeah, if you've got a small site and you want to protect it from ddos, cloudflare is a great site to use :)

We don't ban sites because of traffic at all (no bandwidth limitations) & we have tons of large sites already using the service.

You are correct about the whois information. The only thing that would look different are the nameservers that appear (would obviously point to us).

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

You are wrong or maybe i didn't explain well ! Cloud Flare protect your real IP address from "Who is Hosting" ! So you can't saw my real IP address when you ping my domain or something like that and with that option you are somehow protected from DDOS attack because you are using Cloud Flare like proxy! Am i right ?

Basic lookups (pings, traces, digs) will definitely show our nameservers and IPs. I just want to clarify that we are not an IP protection service at all.

You are getting that error message, if server is actually up, because you have server or host rules blocking requests from our IPs. Please make sure that our IPS are whitelisted.

You can be sure that my hosting isn´t blocking those ips (i spoke directly with staff) at any level (iptables, htaccess, firewall, etc...)

The error comes directly from cloudflare, at the same time speed of my site instead be imporved with cloudflare now is 50% slower, and sometimes page not loads fully. Into the previous months all runs good and i was very happy, but lately works bad, very bad...

And my hosting requested cloudflare to provide service directly using cPanel and there is no answer from cloudflare team... why?

"And my hosting requested cloudflare to provide service directly using cPanel and there is no answer from cloudflare team... why?"

I don't handle this. Generally speaking, however, the team responds back to all hosting partner inquiries within two business days. If they haven't heard back from the team, then they contact the CloudFlare Hosting Partner team.

"The error comes directly from cloudflare, at the same time speed of my site instead be imporved with cloudflare now is 50% slower, and sometimes page not loads fully. Into the previous months all runs good and i was very happy, but lately works bad, very bad..."
This is going to be impossible to troubleshoot in detail here & you should contact us with the domain in question. A traceroute would also be very helpful to the domain in the report.

We don't ban sites because of traffic at all (no bandwidth limitations) & we have tons of large sites already using the service.

E-Mail I got from cloudflare:

Subject: We're offline....again

Hello,

uploadlab.com has exceeded our bandwidth thresholds.

We will be issuing a full refund for the month of April for uploadlab.com. We will not reactivate CloudFlare for the domain again due to its repeated degradation of network performance and its impact to other users.

Let us know if you have any questions.

View this PRIVATE Discussion online: http://support.cloudflare.com/discussions/site-is-offline/7990-were-offlineagain
--

So could you please explain why you are lying to potential customers on forums, probably just to make a sale?

HI,

Hello,

We will be issuing a full refund for the month of April for uploadlab.com. We will not reactivate CloudFlare for the domain again due to its repeated degradation of network performance and its impact to other users.

View this PRIVATE Discussion online: http://support.cloudflare.com/discussions/site-is-offline/7990-were-offlineagain
--

So could you please explain why you are lying to potential customers on forums, probably just to make a sale?

I'm not (I obviously wouldn't make any money doing so..I don't make any commissions). The issue here is that your site was causing performance issues for other users because of the bandwidth being used in one particular region. We also advised that we could look at reactivating when we made upgrades.

We will force a site direct if the site is causing performance issues for other sites.Whatever activity was happening on your site (from a few months ago) was causing problems for other customers on the node you're on.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

I use cloudflare (free version) to protect all my sites. never had any issues with them yet. hoping to be able to stay free for a long time.

My understanding is that we will always offer a free plan of some sort.

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2012 at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was 18th Jun 2012 at 09:07 PM ----------

Hello,

--

And just another quick note:
The bandwidth limitation issue does not apply if the site is in violation of our Terms of Service in some manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back