Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick note...

I have two beta features that people can test if they contact us directly. If you want access to the beta features, please include "Damon:Beta" in the subject line so I can pull it out.

Note: These will be paid features in the future...but we're letting our beta testers have them free (for life) if they test them for us.

Just a quick note...

I have two beta features that people can test if they contact us directly. If you want access to the beta features, please include "Damon:Beta" in the subject line so I can pull it out.

Note: These will be paid features in the future...but we're letting our beta testers have them free (for life) if they test them for us.

Contacted.

When my site goes offline i never have "Always online" page... dont know why... and i have this option activated.

By the way one suggestion will be nice if we can control page caching (static pages) adding meta-tag to the HTML head or similar... something like google analitycs verify website owners but to verify static pages.
And with this method wordpress plugins can be coded very easy :)

CloudFlare Always Online

"When my site goes offline i never have "Always online" page... dont know why... and i have this option activated.

Current Always Online feature has a few limitations now (working on a newer version). I also need to clarify that this isn't the same as regular caching, which can be confusing to users, but we are working on some fixes (depends on server response code, search engine caching, etc., right now).

"control page caching (static pages) adding meta-tag to the HTML head or similar."

Caching in general:
I did want to advise that we don't cache HTML by default. We do, however, let users do so with PageRules and Advanced Caching. You an also setup additional PageRules if you don't want to cache specific folders, etc.

Yes i know that you allow pagerules, but is old way, play with urls and regex is always unconfortable, with meta-tags will be more simple and at the same time user can specify data that cloudflare can process. For example:
Code:
<meta name="cfcache" content="static=yes,cache=on" />

Is a simple example... this method is more easy to manage to final user, more clean, more userfriendly... i only see advantages compared with pagerules based on urls wich is old method and use regex is always a nightmare to new users.
Another example in wich pagerules are hard to control, if you own a forum in wich urls can´t be predictable because depends on user inputs. With meta-tag plugins to most used cms will be easy to code, used and safe implemented.

Pagerules is an outdated way to manage caching from my point of view.

Thanks for your attention.

Pretty sure there is a technical reason why we don't cache in that manner. I'll see if the lead engineer can clue me in.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I just checked with our engineer. The meta would be fine for search engines, but not for CloudFlare because we act as a reverse proxy, and would only work for HTML.

Just a quick note...

I'm already using the paid service. Is the beta features something else that I don't have? I don't mind testing.

Hi Wise,

Drop us a line. I'll send you the info to activate them in your account. The features are not defaulted on right now for Pro accounts because we haven't officially released them (still doing a lot of testing).

Hi,

I just wanted to advise that CloudFlare has added two new IP ranges. While we aren't broadcasting over them just yet, I would recommend whitelisting the new additions if you're doing any sort of IP restrictions in your firewall, .htacess, etc.

Our full list of CloudFlare IPs. The new additions to the list are:
190.93.240/20
2803:f800::/32

Hi,

"I just tried it and its pretty awesome, I don't have to pay for another front-end server :) It works well with a nginx/apache setup too."

Awesome. Did you also take care of installing mod_cloudflare or the nginx info for restoring original visitor IP?

CloudFlare IPs

Just a quick note that we have started broadcasting out over some new CloudFlare IPs. We would strongly recommend updating your firewall and server allow rules to make sure that connections from CloudFlare's IPs are accepted by your server.

Hi,

"need to change any of your site's existing code"

Not at all. You would just want to make sure those CloudFlare IPs are whitelisted on your server (.htacess, firewall, etc.) and with your host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back