Status
Not open for further replies.

budokan

Hi!

Do anybody know a youtube-like site with remote upload feature?

I would like to send a movie to one of my acquitances, but she doesn't like or doesn't want to download, she insists on the watching online method... Video is in avi format, and she doesn't like to install softwares like VLC, or UMplayer to watch without downloading by means of those video players.

I tried to upload it on youtube, it took about 8 hours... Unfortunately youtube denies the video, due to copyright. The movie is already uploaded on a file hosting service, so I would be able to remote upload it. Last but not least, it would be good if she could watch it from beginning to the end (about 90 min) without the usual interruptions by ads.

5 comments
she should use brain

1) she doesn't like or doesn't want to download, she insists on the watching online method..
both are same, the whole video downloads to your HD in both the case. So downloading is always 100% better as you can always view again and again, whereas it will buffer(download to temp folder) again if you replay later again.

2) she doesn't like to install softwares like VLC, or UMplayer to watch without downloading
Why she installed flashplayer then ?????? tell her to remove it .. flashplayer is required for viewing videos online, vlc for offline too

Yes, she is a bit anti-talent in computers, and her laptop is set up that way she is not allowed to install new softwares at all. I think she doesn't know at all what progressive download or video streaming means. But she does like movies and I would like to send her one. She is accustomed to just click on a link and watching the movie immediately.

It seems this kind of site is hard to find. Maybe somebody should code one or simply install a youtube script.

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Is it difficult to code a webpage which contains a textbox for a direct download URL and some kind of flash video player or embedded video player that would play the direct (hotlink) URL?
Maybe with this jquery media plugin: http://malsup.com/jquery/media/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back