Status
Not open for further replies.

Medow7

I have an idea to make a youtube clone site (Video share website).
Of course it should have a unique design, but i need all functionality of youtube. Play-list, smart videos detection, multi video format trans-coding, video editor ...etc.
I need to know an estimated a mount of money it should be achieve to make this type of site. And which company you advise me to contact to make such project.
Thanks.

9 comments
What country are you from?

Depending upon your country the cost to set up a site like YouTube might be more than your country's national budget.

http://www.jeffbullas.com/2012/05/2...ube-facts-figures-and-statistics-infographic/

It's not just a matter of building a site with a database that can catalog your videos its HOSTING them.

The sheer volume of network traffic, equipment, servers, buildings, cabling, cooling systems is what hits me first.

Just something to think about

Why would you want to compete with YT?

While YouTube is great to attract new viewers and build more followers other video platforms can offer a lot of value added services such as being able to add in marketing messages to the video, update video content through an app in real time and also give the developer/business/user full ownership rights of the content - as well as being able to embed and share to multiple devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back