Votes: 9 13.6%
  • IP.Board

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • vBulletin

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's usually what you've always used, straying elsewhere seems awkward. Always been a vBulletin user and having tried IP Board once, it just felt...wrong!

vb 4 doesn't stand a chance against IPB 3.2. but vb 4 sucks in general. if vb, then i prefer 3.8.7. haven't really tried xenforo and probably not going to as i am more than happy with ipb

I prefer IP.Board becouse i have always liked the board, it's easy to use for both members and admin works.
VBulletin i never really liked unless you have a good skin that reminds of IP.Board.
Customizing i also find it a bit harder to do.
If you have a larger board prob VBulletin is the one to choose, atleast from my experience.

I would go for XenForo. Did you know that, 2 of VB lead developer left and made Xenforo? Xenforo is the most hyped forum software out there right now. A lot of web dev have migrated their forum and used Xenforo, as of myself.

I was one a proud a vb user. But I migrated because of the following reason. Read below.

vBulletin Days and Nightmares
We have been running vBulletin for almost a 5 years and it served us well for much of that time.

In August 2010 we upgraded to vBulletin 4. That upgrade was, frankly, a nightmare.

I spent many, many hours trying to optimise the database, tracing slow queries and following bug reports. I also ended up installing Sphinx search, even though vBulletin seemed very slow at handling the results it got back from Sphinx. At first there were many complaints, some about things which we could fix, and others about things which eventually people just got used to.

All three have their reasons to be selected but most awesome are ip board and vbulletin... If you want the best board software, you should consider the features of both ipb and vb and select the one that suits your needs...!!!

Regards,

I personally prefer IP board. Dont know much about the internal coding and features when compared with vb and xf. The better style and interface is great and far greater than other. . .
And lot of modules and hooks. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back