What genres do you like/want?

• Electronic (Trance, Electro, Glitch, Hard[style, core, trance], Dubstep, etc)

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Hiphop/Rap

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Rock (and related genres)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Ska (inc. reggae, etc)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Pop (aka the trash on public radios)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JmZ

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hey there,

So we're going to be trying out a sort of Internet radio station for a while. It will not be 24/7 and will only function when a "DJ" is online (people may be assigned to this in future if it becomes popular).

You may listen to it using any good client:
http://wjunction.com:8000/stream.ogg

Currently the limit to the number of clients is 50.

Seeing as I am the only active "DJ" currently, it will mostly be sub-genres of EDM (Electronic Dance Music) being played. Additionally, while testing and trying it out, you will almost definitely hear skipping and random track interruptions.

This is until I can be bothered making use of a fader plugin and what not. Or even better, actually making a mix beforehand to play.

Anyway, enjoy!

Timetable (GMT+0)

[11:30 - ??:??] JmZ // EDM
[10:00 - 11:30] chemicalx // Rock
[03:00 - 04:00] 0ccul7 // EDM?
[23:00 - 03:00] To0 // Rap, Rock, Hip-Hop, Country & Techno

Updated on 14 Aug 2013:

ok anyone who is interested in being a "DJ", please do post here.

Right now the radio only gets a few listeners each day but hopefully adding a few people will increase popularity.

Here's what you need:
- No youtube rips or low quality MP3s, etc
- Enough of a music library to not repeat the same tracks every 30 mins
- At least 1 hour of spare time to stream (though skipping a day occasionally is fine)
- A player capable of streaming to icecast (e.g. foobar with the vorbis streamer plugin)
- Specify your primary genre(s)

Last edited by a moderator:
24 comments
There will be once we have more people to play DJ on it :p

We're just testing it out right now and what not, hence the fact that it is all music I like (although I do play a large selection of EDM subgenres at least, rather than one).

Google Chrome Extension:

Link:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dbbfbhojganflfaleebldineofndphgd/

---- Version 1.0.4 ----

Cleaned it up a bit.

New version looks better.

1lJrb.png

Last edited:
Just a little feedback, the stream seems to stop every time it switches to a new track. So therefore I have to press play again? Not sure if this is something that you can solve on your end?

Or maybe I'm missing something from my coding?

Just reading around on Google it seems like Chrome doesn't like ogg streams with metadata (metadata being the track names I presume?)
Maybe look into using mp3 instead? or any other format apart from ogg?

Last edited:
it doesn't stop for me, im using VLC here. its definitely nothing on my end, so im not sure.

I use ogg for a reason which I forgot, if i remember i will post it.

Had a few days of downtime because im leaving soon for a short while.

I shall be back and will allocate one or two people to timeslots for playing other genres.

ok so this has gained tiny popularity (only a few members listening it seems, not all at once).

so i'd like to ask, what genres do you guys want to listen to?
to expand this and add other "DJs", i need a good idea of what music you want beforehand.

Added a poll.

ok anyone who is interested in being a "DJ", please do post here.

Right now the radio only gets a few listeners each day but hopefully adding a few people will increase popularity.

Here's what you need:
- Available before 1pm *or* after 4pm UTC/GMT
- No youtube rips or low quality MP3s, etc
- Enough of a music library to not repeat the same tracks every 30 mins
- At least 1 hour of spare time to stream (though skipping a day occasionally is fine)
- A player capable of streaming to icecast (e.g. foobar with the vorbis streamer plugin)
- Specify your primary genre(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back