Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

Wjunction Nightly DB Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

25 comments

It wouldn't be too hard to write this yourself, just a simple bash script that runs PHP code containing a query to lock down the forum. (Im sure it's just an entry in the settings in the database somewhere that says forum_locked), after that you run the mysql backup command, even to store it on a remote location. Meh, I had this script, wait I still have it :D
 
It wouldn't be too hard to write this yourself, just a simple bash script that runs PHP code containing a query to lock down the forum. (Im sure it's just an entry in the settings in the database somewhere that says forum_locked), after that you run the mysql backup command, even to store it on a remote location. Meh, I had this script, wait I still have it :D

Whoo, you could just edit the config.php to make the board offline eh?
 
Whoo, you could just edit the config.php to make the board offline eh?
Also, but that would require the reading of the config file, the matching of that certain line, the modifying of it and then writing it back away. But that could also easily be coded :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

D
Banned · Joined
Computers
1,500
Messages
176
Reactions
63
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom