Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0kenRabbit

If you were not aware Windows 8 RTM was leaked around a week ago. There are various editions leaked including Enterprise N, Enterprise, and Professional in both x86 and x64 formats.

There is now a huge crowd of people desperately trying to activate their copies after the only source of activation (an online KMS server) went down. A few lucky people managed to get their copy activated and have managed to work out how to back up the activation files so they can install the OS again, but this will only work on their own machine or a machine with identical hardware to the machine it was activated on.

I was lucky enough to get mine activated before the server went down, just wondering if anybody else did, and what people think of the final version of Windows 8 in general?

Untitled.png

Last edited:
18 comments
I have got a localhost KMS server to activate, but im not installing windows 8 yet

20120810121146199.png

Isnt KMS only 30 days activation or something, then you have to re validate?

^ Parts of it are yes, Microsoft have made quite a lot of changes to how it works to improve things and make things faster then they ruined it all with Metro.

JGM.

Is windows 8 better than W7?
like the difference?
Yes it is Different.
Microsoft has done a amazing job with windows 8 , You can integrate every email , every social networking site.
The new UI is awesome and fast !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back