Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonMan

I need to get a wifi adapter for my desktop pc. currently i have an older pc that still runs on windows xp, but i will be upgrading it to windows 7 soon. also i will be getting a new pc come the end of the year. I want to get a wifi adapter i can use now, but will be very fast for my new computer. I intend to be doing some online gaming with it so i want to be as lag proof as possible. Any suggestions on maybe a top of the line adapter and possibly a best bang for the buck adapter. Only because I may be able to hardwire eventually, but as of now it is impossible.

8 comments
if you can use pci cards then just look up anything that has to do with wireless N.. thats the speed you need for gaming and such

emm if you gonna buy new pc then buy that one with integrated wifi, asus motherboards are great especially gaming, also antenna is external with about 1-2 meters length, which makes better signal ...
for old desktop pc i would suggest to buy pci wifi card, also check if external antenna can be connected. To use N adapter with high speeds you have to have supporting N router. For online gaming best response you need good router, especially if you have more than 2 pc's....
So please understand buying hi-tech wifi card will not make any difference if you dont have good, speedy router...
Also when you choose card check signal strength in db, more higher more better. You can increase it with external antennas, but better to have already with good strength.
When you get everything make sure to have wifi channel which people not use in your wifi area, than will make less noise to signal.
Ping your router to check is it responsive all the time till you browse or download...
Good Luck ;)

I need to get a wifi adapter for my desktop pc. currently i have an older pc that still runs on windows xp, but i will be upgrading it to windows 7 soon. also i will be getting a new pc come the end of the year. I want to get a wifi adapter i can use now, but will be very fast for my new computer. I intend to be doing some online gaming with it so i want to be as lag proof as possible. Any suggestions on maybe a top of the line adapter and possibly a best bang for the buck adapter. Only because I may be able to hardwire eventually, but as of now it is impossible.
Dont go for costly wifi providers, a wifi with 100 MBPS download and upload is sufficient for lag proof gaming and with a good ping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back