Why you changed your hosting provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdc

What caused you to change your hosting/server provider in the past? Would appreciate to see detailed explanation in order to improve services for the clients. Thank you

8 comments
For the past 10 years have change like 15 providers.. Downtime, slow & lags was the main reasons + DMCA B.S . Now I'm with Offshore SSD VPS Hosting made in EUROPE - WEBUZO.net and have stuck with them just love their uptime and speed . Worth the money (value for money) . I have learn my leason.. to stay away from Cheap providers / India / Asia hosting providers and most USA providers (who host from their garage)..

there were a few reasons.
- getting kicked off, because i received 1 single DMCA
- getting threatened to forward my personal details to official authorities, since i didn't react within 2 hours (and they personally haven't liked some of the content)
- having hardware-failures (hdd raid crashed, due to corrupt HDD) and the provider won't change the hdd
- downtime more than 2 hours per Month on regular basis
- slowliness of IO and LAN (so typically oversold)
- need for bigger/lower hardware (e.g. more CPU, RAM, transfer) due to new projects (or closing down projects)
- having a provider forcing me to use some strange config-panel installed
- host loosing the ability to pay my invoices via Service X (e.g. PayPal, credit card)
- support not reacting within a reasonable time (based on the money i spend per month: within one hour and a few days)
- comparable server for less money (and i'm not talking about 1$. It was more than 30$ per month)
- not providing newer versions of the software (expecially for hypervisors)

Last edited:
Look at your current usage and double it at least, triple is even better because coming half way through the month and running out of bandwidth is probable the worst thing you can do for your website, your users will probable desert you, if they see it isn’t online for a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back