Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifirst

I just want to know why torrent invite talks ban on WJ. What is the real reason behind it.I expect some true response from the admins , not just thread close.Mods don't know why this rule exist when i asked on CB.
Hope i get some explanations and the chance to reply
Thanks

17 comments
@msk19994
Don't confuse things bro warez is illegal and torrent discussion is legal.Warez and torrent discussion isn't same.
Talking about torrent don't get you in jail , uploading copyrighted content if you are in US or operating torrent tracker if in US can get you legal trouble

If you use torrent to upload stuff created by you then its legal use{have a look at torrent freak you will see lot of artists , game developers uploading their stuff there.
Downloading freewares is legal
Downloading copyrighted material provided you bought the product is legal in some countries.

As Jesse pointed out, Talking about Torrents is allowed. But you are not allowed to talk about invites, this is not a forum that provides/deals with torrent invites. Its as simple as that. You are trying to induce others to send/sell/receive invites in the name of "talking" , which is strictly prohibited. Hope that explains everything.

Regards

Last edited:
whats the actual rule?? as far I know asking for invite or offer seelling invite is not allowed

and yes, buy/sell should not allow

@Jesse you got a point
But just ban torrent invite selling in marketplace section.
Just saying "can you get me an invite of 'some torrent site' get people ban in sb , this is way too much

Talking about torrent or invites should be allowed , but not Sale of torrent invites like pointed by jesse

Talking About Torrents is Fine But Invites is a big No No

Cause Here are a few reasons

• Talking of invites would cause sharing/trading of the invites
  • People Would Start PMing the Members for Invites
  • Most Likely Spam would Generate
  • Flaming Would Start cause if a user is invited and the sender of the invite faces any problems it would result in flames
  • Asking For Multiple Invites again and again. Agree or Not People would start selling the invites in other forums
  • People Would Start Asking for Diff Diff Trackers Invites
  • Ratio Cheating Causing the Sender of the Invite a ban

and der are many other reasons if we start allowing Torrent Invites

Rules are Created for a reasons and the staff are der to ensure we ammend them :)

Example - as I can see Iptorrents.com rules -

they also not allow selling their Invites. if you have friends or anyone you know gift them those invites.

Regards.

Freedom of speech, your allowed to talk about what ever you want. Just trading/sharing/selling of invites is not allowed I guess, most torrent sites don't allow such things with there invites anyways.

'Freedom of speech' is an illusion, there's no such thing.
Freedom of speech in respect to others, in respect to law, in respect to forum rules, this, and that, leaves you with no freedom.
It leaves you with limited speech.

Because according to WJ staff wj is a webmaster forum now :)
Not a Warez Forum

If that were true then the filehost section / ads would have been removed that is the most incriminating thing on wj, People being paid for uploading illegal content.

Edit: Since the "rules" seem to suddenly have been made up on the fly why is no one announcing them ?

We're moving away slowly and steadily. We don't wish to make a huge impact on the forum by removing everything at once. I'm sure you can all understand why we are doing it slowly. WJunction was never a "warez" forum at the start, the W always stood for webmaster. The only reason why we have a warez influence is due to the fact that Katz use to own WJunction.

As for the torrent discussion, torrents are usually related to warez, that is why we don't allow discussion of invitations to torrent sites. General torrent talk is fine. Mind Freak has posted most reasons, if not all, why it's not allowed. The rule in regards to torrent invites was introduced a while ago. There is no rule that exists for discussing torrent sites - it's allowed.

Thank you.

@Mindfreak thanks for cleaning things up and giving the reasons behind such a rule
@Hawk
I was waiting for your reply only dude
Its now crystal clear that only torrent talk is allow , not asking / discussion of torrent invite.
As new owners of WJ , i understand that you guys want to chnage things .
However i think that Warez is kind of grey hat and while DP allows it , why not WJ.I can only suggest not to wipe all the "Warez" one day

Regards
Any mod can close this thread?

DP does not allow warez, it is just that their moderators are not so active as WJ ones are. Infact, flippa does not allow warez sites too - but guess what? ive seen few warez sites being sold there as well, they dont follow what they tell - we do. Love us for that - we are equal to all and do not bypass our rules just for some bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back