Status
Not open for further replies.

weena

Hi, I am wondering why is Rapishare so popular?
Is there any affiliate system for uploaders?

This file is published on my page only, since 2011/12/21

[SLIDE]http://s17.postimage.org/ii7pahh3z/image.jpg[/SLIDE]

30 comments
This thread comes two years too late.

graph

I have no idea it sux

it sucks because i would assume you are a cashwhore

rapidshare is popular because it made warez simple fast and easy to share,when filehosts didn't pay money Rs gave points and you could use those points to generate a premium account/extend which the "point earner" can then use to download warez himself and such was the cycle
rapidshare is fast
the price is decent
and they check all downloads
and it was one of the earliest hosters out there

Fast download speed, and reliable, they never go down and they always maintain good speeds for free downloaders. One of the reasons i love em.

I'd like to echo QuickSand's point about the "it sucks" attitude coming (mostly) from cashwhores.

RapidShare isn't "big" anymore, although it has recently made a bit of a comeback. As QuickSand pointed out, it was really one of the pioneers out there. It's also nice because it provides its API for developers.

It's also part of a culture. I wish they had a Lifetime option (like MU).

I dont have a premuim. Still I can download over 50 MB/sec via 1Gbps connection. Can you believe it? I have FS-FSc-FJ premium accounts and maximum download speed is about 30MB/sec.

Also after completing a download, without waiting you can start downloading another file.

Because Rapidshare ist on of the old uploading website,world's largest and one of the most famous file hosting every and now in the time where almost every day a file hosters are founded is still one of the fast and free +premium hoster every...

RapidShare is a mother of all filehoster.....

In my opinion, no filehost today has even come close to "the german efficiency".

Test it yourself. Filesonic is supposed to be the most used host today, right? Upload the same file to RS and FSc, and see the downloads it generates in each host. They won't be anywhere close.

Rapidshare is still the host with the biggest storage, bandwidth and the most consistent. Speed issues? No. In 99% of the cases, files are downloaded really fast. And you have to remember that RS is popular because it's been around for way too long, a lot longer than almost all filehosts.

I am pretty sure that if they ever offered another rewards program, many newer hosts would shut down in a matter of a few weeks.

Rapidshare isn't as popular as It used to be. That was because all these shitty file hosting sites rarely came along. Usually It was just Mediafire, Megaupload, Megashares and Rapidshare I used to use.

It still is popular but lost a huge amount of user bases.

Download speeds are (obviously) going to vary depending on where you are and (to various degrees) when you are downloading. GENERALLY, RapidShare has good speeds.

That said, they don't offer a Lifetime option, they don't reward uploaders (I'm not just talking about money, but even in the ability to extend their premium accounts). The reason it was big and now isn't is kind of being shown in this thread: they cater to free users. Other hosts an uploader can make enough money to extend premium or (like MegaUpload) can have a Lifetime account. RapidShare is really the only host where Uploaders are simply making recurring payments for the ability to share content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back