Which is better Internal Images or External Images in website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keito0015

Which is better Internal Images or External Images in website?

for me internal images . why? it can also be way of getting a traffic/referral on google images and direct to your website and I use smush.it plugin so it will reduced the size of the images.

but then again which you prefer guys? I would like to hear one.

7 comments
@keito0015
internal is not good for startup sites.

Internal =>
because it occupy lot of space, more requests directly point to your server, moving from only hosting to another is pain due to lot of images and you need big server, so every month big amount to server bills. in peak hour, site become damn slow..

External => main thing, less load on your server, so your server handle more requests, use imgur they don't delete any image and all images in private + they use edgecastcdn so image load faster from near the user location, even the big images, that load faster.
Google image search show images + site name, so you won't lose traffic.
Aways faster :)

Cons ::::
If you have good money flow, then use images internally (need more stable server), at startup we mostly have less fund on hand so better use external in starting, once fund flow is normal switch to internal (just one plugin => click => it move all external images to your server in batch, so it also take less load)

Last edited:
@keito0015
internal is not good for startup sites.

Internal =>
because it occupy lot of space, more requests directly point to your server, moving from only hosting to another is pain due to lot of images and you need big server, so every month big amount to server bills. in peak hour, site become damn slow..

External => main thing, less load on your server, so your server handle more requests, use imgur they don't delete any image and all images in private + they use edgecastcdn so image load faster from near the user location, even the big images, that load faster.
Google image search show images + site name, so you won't lose traffic.
Aways faster :)

Cons ::::
If you have good money flow, then use images internally (need more stable server), at startup we mostly have less fund on hand so better use external in starting, once fund flow is normal switch to internal (just one plugin => click => it move all external images to your server in batch, so it also take less load)

thanks for this mate. ^_^

I would appose some points that smartboy mentioned and i would also support some
1) I do support that internal images do take space
2) The not so good thing regarding external images is their life span or u can say the conformity that they will stay at that host or will that host delete that image and if the host deletes that image then your site will be empty without images.
3) If the image hosting site has high traffic then maybe your images will load slower and if your port speed is slow then it will take time for it to load too
4) I would support the idea of internal images as they are not removed by others and only you and can load faster as they wont be called from an external server

imgur delete images unless you have premium service also when they are running at max your images sometimes don't load, internal images take up space but they are good for SEO..
If you are using free hosting use external images otherwise go for the best paid plan you can afford & use internal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back