Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the split processing for tabs, it's the obvious thing and something that FireFox will add in the future. It annoys me how FireFox users complain about things. This top browser type of thread happens all the time and the complaints by FireFox users are always something that's later added to their browser.
Take one of the last examples of this thread where FireFox users complained about the automatic updates that Google Chrome used. Well FireFox now has that as does IE and it's now no longer a complaint among FireFox users.
Split Processing makes sense as browsers become more powerful. As people play more powerful games and use more interactive apps in browsers split processing of tabs will be a must. If your running a background application or downloading something and start a game while your waiting that crashes you can't afford to restart. Developers are only now starting to see the potential of browsers doing background processing so this will be even more important in the future too. I don't mind if people use the current version of FireFox as it is fast and has pretty good HTML 5 support but don't go using that split processing excuse or I'll link to your comment in 12 months and you'll look like a fool.

I use firefox. But the one I love the most is Google Chrome. Honestly, I started using chrome only 1 day ago. :'( I'm unable to adapt to changes so quick, thus I stuck with firefox and I'm still sticking with it. But chrome is running so smoothly that I want to switch to it soon. :P Not sure when I'll be able to make it my primary browser.

IE does bad in all ways It keeps crashing whenever I try to close it and also freezes at times. X-(

Also voted for Google Chrome in the poll. :)

Firefox, used it all my life. People @ Firefox have experience with this type of stuff and because everyone uses it, new ideas rise, and new usefull addons keep on poping up.

ie4.jpg

i use internet explorer.

I used Firefox in the past and I was very happy with it.
But since after Firefox 4, it became very unstable and keep crashing most of the time.
Then I switched to Google Chrome and quite happy with its performance.
Its stable and fast.

arntsp levins

^^^ BS 30 process in the task manager will slow your computer way down dude Firefox 12 use a lot less memory than older versions
30 vs 1 will equal 3 to 10 more memory

Try opening as many tabs as you can before your computer is unusable.

Firefox will fail first!

I have 3 computers for testing and my worst is win xp 512mb ram 1.4 ghz processor and firefox runs like crap with 2-3 tabs chrome however still works perfectly with 10 + tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back