• PHPEd

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Zend Studio

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mRAza

I have tried Eclips,netbeans and vs.php with visual studio, last i tried phpstorm and it's an amazing piece of software so most of time using it now. For small tasks mostly i use notepad++ but phpstorm is a lifesaver.

I would like to know which IDE are you using for PHP development and what features you like in it?

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to add 2 Komodo, PHPEdit in poll.

Last edited:
40 comments
So far I have only used notepad++ and eclipse.
It is the first I have heard about phpstorm.
I'm downloading now, I will write a comment then ;)

Regards

So far I have only used notepad++ and eclipse.
It is the first I have heard about phpstorm.
I'm downloading now, I will write a comment then ;)

Regards

Always just use Notepad++. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to changing something I'm very familiar with.

I was also using notepad++ and still using it but i believe i will switch fast to phpstorm because of its wonderfull features like debugging, intellisense you should try phpstorm :)

I was also using notepad++ and still using it but i believe i will switch fast to phpstorm because of its wonderfull features like debugging, intellisense you should try phpstorm :)

Did you buy a licence? It's not too bad price wise and I know I can try it for 30 days to see what It's like if I want.

Did you buy a licence? It's not too bad price wise and I know I can try it for 30 days to see what It's like if I want.
I still have 4 days left for trial and sure going to purchase it, its already cheap compared to features it provide, save hell a lot of time.

I'm using geany on my ubuntu OS for over a year now, it's totally pwnage.

On windows in the past I always used notepad++ ;)

I use Zend Studio atm
Switched from Netbeans to Zend Studio last month

Quite Satisfied with Zend atm! Going to try PHP Storm now

Last edited:
Well I just recently switched to Zend from Nusphere PHP IDE. I am quite satisfied with its performance. For simple scripts I use notepad++

non of these, but I'm considering to use one, cuz I need features like automatic indent and other stuff which will make coding easier

non of these, but I'm considering to use one, cuz I need features like automatic indent and other stuff which will make coding easier
You should try PHPStorm. it has almost every feature which make thing easier including auto code completion and other stuff like visual studio.

Here is my setup with with Obsidian theme like notepad++
[slide]http://i26.lulzimg.com/c1a4d0.png[/slide]

Last edited:
Why? what's the point in an IDE for PHP lol.
I'd rather code every line myself from memory than rely on some app's "code generation" features.

I'm a 100% vim user, no IDE, no fancy GUI text editor, just good old CLI-based vim.
Combined with GNU screen, so I can have a window for my editor, one for running the code and one for a mysql CLI instance if needed.

I can almost guarantee that any editor related feature you pick out of your favourite IDE can be done in vim.

I'd only use an IDE for a compiled language such as java, c, c#, etc. Because then i'd like some way of quickly compiling within the editor (an IDE).

Why? what's the point in an IDE for PHP lol.
I'd rather code every line myself from memory than rely on some app's "code generation" features.

I'm a 100% vim user, no IDE, no fancy GUI text editor, just good old CLI-based vim.
Combined with GNU screen, so I can have a window for my editor, one for running the code and one for a mysql CLI instance if needed.

I can almost guarantee that any editor related feature you pick out of your favourite IDE can be done in vim.

I'd only use an IDE for a compiled language such as java, c, c#, etc. Because then i'd like some way of quickly compiling within the editor (an IDE).
I use ide for php for good Syntax Highlighting, Code Suggestions & good navigation system mainly
It would always help in creating a project faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back