Where does all the Filehost websites host their files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatDoge

Hey,

I dont want to make my own Filehosting website, but I would like to know where they get their servers from and how much they cost. Do they have unlimited Bandwith plan or how does it work?

20 comments
for example online.net has unlimited data transfer plans on 1gbit port, then you only need server with good disk space and some raid (multiple HDDs). I think such server can cost like $100 monthly. But when the file hosting site is small, one can start with smaller/cheaper server for sure.

Must say that Libertyvps.com service provided is excellent, including software provided, and personal customer support.
I frequently ask questions of their support staff on all different topics and they are always patient and helpful.

They offer offshore hosting deals along with nice features at reasonable rates.

Spam ?

what do you mean by posting this reply
@CatDoge is asking different thing and you giving review about that site ?

Scopehost has a NL server 16gb ram 48tb hd 250tb bandwidth 10gbps connection $775. One server should be fine to start out with after 4 to 8 months you will need to get another one.

Scopehost has a NL server 16gb ram 48tb hd 250tb bandwidth 10gbps connection $775. One server should be fine to start out with after 4 to 8 months you will need to get another one.

Are you high on something ? When opening a file host a person should consider buying multiple servers in order to stabalize the bandwidth speed, If every user is getting data from one server then your download and upload speed is fucked

Are you high on something ? When opening a file host a person should consider buying multiple servers in order to stabalize the bandwidth speed, If every user is getting data from one server then your download and upload speed is fucked

I seen file host go with a 5tb of space and 10 weeks later that is full. With a little promoting and good download upload speed the file host will need more than 20tb of space in less than 8 months. I have seen videos host use like 20tb+ of space in the first yr.

it is different . every host should looks for his preferred datacenter to host the files .

There are many Good providers around

The ideal solution is an SSD Server for the Database, An SSD cached Webserver and storage can be added by an expanding number of NASes.
In a colocated environment that seems a great solution.

Im still at the beginning with just one Server that does everything in one. You will need space and bandwith.

Hi there. I'm going to run my own filehost for a few my sites. I'm not planning to open any affiliate programs.
What are the minimum requirements for VPS to run filehosting site, if I will have 1500 downloads daily? I think to buy yetishare script. Thanks

Hi there. I'm going to run my own filehost for a few my sites. I'm not planning to open any affiliate programs.
What are the minimum requirements for VPS to run filehosting site, if I will have 1500 downloads daily? I think to buy yetishare script. Thanks

For a site that small, all you would really need is a host that allows filehosting, and the content you are hosting. And then of course the server/VPS needs enough storage space for the files. I don't see bandwidth being much of an issue with a mere 1500 downloads/day, unless you are serving very large files.

Most of these people running file hosting sites are using VPS or dedicated servers to host their sites. This is because shared hosting often does not allow file sharing websites. Make sure you check your prospective provider's terms of service as many providers will not allow file sharing websites.

Just some tips to help you get the most :)

when i ran my file hosting website, i used multiple high storange vps from different companies such as wable,vultr,digital ocean etc

these cloud providers have very good speeds and many locations which can allow you to load balance very nicely.

than again, this is not best practice and im aware but it worked fine as my host was very small and for a private community along with person and family belongings.

Hope this can shed some light for you.

SSD for database, web app and file indexing while raid setup dedi/vps with high storage, at least 1gbps port and 8gb plus ram provides stable setup for file hosting. Make sure you get DDR3 ram or higher for storage server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back