Status
Not open for further replies.

cvrle77

Make a simple list of what you like and what you dislike about, or on WJunction.
We would like to see the input, what we are doing right, and what we are doing wrong, so we can improve this forum.

If you can, make a list, so it will be easily readable, using [ LIST]

• something
  • something else
  • some other thing

41 comments
hope this topic dont turn in to controversial.

* the frequency with which we get help for our questions
* the AIO place to get doamin promo codes (y)
* free giveaway's
* File host's / Payment Gateway support
* News Updates no matter if they are related to warez or related to MU lol (you know what i mean ;) )

Dislikes:

* New Skin (atleast, users shall have an option to toggle between old and new skins)
* I almost see people who are demoted from their ranks all most disappear (idk, reason behind it)
* sometimes staff is damm strict, sometimes they are too lazy. Its like Sea-Saw game.
* WJ Official FB Fan Page is made but its almost inactive.

Cheers (y)

I dislike how every thread gets closed all the time when an answer is given. So nobody else can make any new input on subjects. Not everyone will go make a new thread and if they do they are normally closed too because a thread was already made and closed...

* Froomple
* GeeZus
* Cvrle
* RT
* Chatbox
* All sub-forums are full of life once a day or so

Dislikes:

* rules can be a bit more leanient (sp?)
* nothing else really...

What I Like
Mostly everything users are friendly and fun to chat with and forums are good as members help each other

Not A Big Fan Of

I am really not a big fan of wj politics i dont know why but there is some messed up wj politics going on between the mods and all this is freaking confusing
I know this second thing has decreased but still there is Racism among mods . I know people would say that what the hell am i saying but its true people do get bullied by mods due to racism .
Note
Dont mind what i say i just want to make this community better.

Dislike: changing my password every few months

• getting logged out
  • people asking the same questions
  • copying text from other sites and not having it paste here in plaintext

Last edited:
Dislike

Some of the mods seem to over use there mod powers
Most of the posting is in the file hosting a web hosting sections
To many rude members
CB is worthless now everyone is trashing each other
Mods banning people for the dumbest thing
Most members only want to talk about making money from uploading

Some cool members but these members do not post much any more
Best sections and they need more posting
*Useful Links
* Graphics
* Webmaster Hangout
* Webmaster Resources

Like:

• The shoutbox, when it's actually being used for its purpose.
  • The graphics section and the users who frequent it.
  • The oldschoolers that still come here.
  • The forum skin, and overall sleek design and layout.

Dislike:

• 90% of the threads created related to file hosting, uploading and earning.
  • The fact that most of the sites in the reviews section are blogs with fuck all effort gone into it.
  • The lack of competitions that aren't related to "Free VPS/Seedbox/RDP for x Days".
  • Not enough ban hammers being swung.
  • My new keyboard, which has a somewhat shifted layout, making it a bitch to touch type.

Like:
*The new skin looks awesome and some great features
*Hawks / other admins commitment to this community
*The wj community a lot of smart people with tons of experience to help give advice(though its going down hill recently)
*The amount of people here who are willing to help and don't just have the gtfo attitude some places have

Dislike:
*All the cash whores ruining this community / filehost section in general

like : community , site skin old but gold
dislike : strictness feels like i am in army school really!

I would say that the current members of staff are doing a fantastic job, if you could elaborate on the strictness, we can look into it. Remember, that this is a feedback section, for members to compliment or criticize (to a certain extent) or suggest ideas on how to improve the community.

hope this topic dont turn in to controversial.

* the frequency with which we get help for our questions
* the AIO place to get doamin promo codes (y)
* free giveaway's
* File host's / Payment Gateway support
* News Updates no matter if they are related to warez or related to MU lol (you know what i mean ;) )

Dislikes:

* New Skin (atleast, users shall have an option to toggle between old and new skins)
* I almost see people who are demoted from their ranks all most disappear (idk, reason behind it)
* sometimes staff is damm strict, sometimes they are too lazy. Its like Sea-Saw game.
* WJ Official FB Fan Page is made but its almost inactive.

Cheers (y)

We don't plan on bringing back the old skin but what you should do is let us know what you dislike about this skin, in a separate thread, if and only if there are many members that dislike the particular bit that you dislike too - changes maybe made.

Those that resigned or were demoted are still around however a few had hick ups and we had to ban them from the community (this is not a discussable matter).

I dislike how every thread gets closed all the time when an answer is given. So nobody else can make any new input on subjects. Not everyone will go make a new thread and if they do they are normally closed too because a thread was already made and closed...

We'll leave threads opened regardless of it being answered from today.

* Froomple
* GeeZus
* Cvrle
* RT
* Chatbox
* All sub-forums are full of life once a day or so

Dislikes:

* rules can be a bit more leanient (sp?)
* nothing else really...

I am glad you like most staff members, if not all. We plan on refining the rules, but due to other commitments in real life and other things, refining of rules will be done in the new year.

I'm content with absolutely everything, but I can agree with Jesse.

Read my reply to Jesse.

What I Like
Mostly everything users are friendly and fun to chat with and forums are good as members help each other

Not A Big Fan Of

I am really not a big fan of wj politics i dont know why but there is some messed up wj politics going on between the mods and all this is freaking confusing
I know this second thing has decreased but still there is Racism among mods . I know people would say that what the hell am i saying but its true people do get bullied by mods due to racism .
Note
Dont mind what i say i just want to make this community better.

Not exactly something we can discuss in a public section, PM me with more detail. However, take note that just as members have to follow rules so do staff (that includes us administrators too - regardless of being owners or not) but I have not come across any members of staff being racist, it's not what we would tolerate and they're all very good.

Dislike: changing my password every few months

• getting logged out
  • people asking the same questions
  • copying text from other sites and not having it paste here in plaintext

Changing of password will be enforced every year instead of every month. The reason why we don't have a "remember me" is due to the fact that when you login and don't log out or clear cookies, you will remain logged in.

As for people asking the same questions, it would be great if you (or any other member) could point out to the member that the question was already answered and maybe link them to the thread too. Remember, that we're all here to help each other. Now, for plain text pastes, I have to say it annoys me to when a minority of members don't give their source or format the thread correctly - if it happens, report it and we'll PM the user to format it correctly and give the source (if any).

Dislike

Some of the mods seem to over use there mod powers
Most of the posting is in the file hosting a web hosting sections
To many rude members
CB is worthless now everyone is trashing each other
Mods banning people for the dumbest thing
Most members only want to talk about making money from uploading

Some cool members but these members do not post much any more
Best sections and they need more posting
*Useful Links
* Graphics
* Webmaster Hangout
* Webmaster Resources

Again, I've not come across any complaints made privately that our current members of staff are abusing their powers, they are doing a great job. But if there's something I am missing, let me know via PM. For members that are rude or trashing each other in the CB, ask them kindly to stop being rude, if they aren't, let a member of staff know but again I've not noticed members trashing others in the CB. We have staff online most times of the day and if it happened, there would be shoutbox bans.

Members of staff banning for "the dumpest thing"; elaborate on this but remember to not go beyond your limits. For members that talk about money making from uploading, we hope to (this will take a long time but we plan to) convert those uploaders into legit users and educate them that there is money making methods without using file hosts.

Like:

• The shoutbox, when it's actually being used for its purpose.
  • The graphics section and the users who frequent it.
  • The oldschoolers that still come here.
  • The forum skin, and overall sleek design and layout.

Dislike:

• 90% of the threads created related to file hosting, uploading and earning.
  • The fact that most of the sites in the reviews section are blogs with fuck all effort gone into it.
  • The lack of competitions that aren't related to "Free VPS/Seedbox/RDP for x Days".
  • Not enough ban hammers being swung.
  • My new keyboard, which has a somewhat shifted layout, making it a bitch to touch type.

I wouldn't necessarily say 90%, but I can understand why you say that. There are ways of changing the ratio of the amount of uploading related threads etc to threads that are not related to uploading, can you guess what that is? Why don't you create a thread not related to uploading? No one is stopping you from creating it. It's the obvious solution of overcoming the amount of threads we have related to uploading but for the long term, we have plans in place.

We will be enforcing rules in regards to hosting competitions/giveaways. Not enough ban hammers being swung? Now that's something I didn't expect, I always read that we ban quiet a lot. Not much to say about this but that we bans are the last resort to anything (exceptions made depending on the rule being broken)

Like:
*The new skin looks awesome and some great features
*Hawks / other admins commitment to this community
*The wj community a lot of smart people with tons of experience to help give advice(though its going down hill recently)
*The amount of people here who are willing to help and don't just have the gtfo attitude some places have

Dislike:
*All the cash whores ruining this community / filehost section in general

We plan on bringing more features to the skin but don't wish to over do it, the quoted posts modification that we had planned a while ago is still in mind and will be implemented soon.

I am glad that you like our commitment to the community, I am only here to ensure that members such as yourself have a great stay, regardless of how long it is. As for the cash whores ruining this community, read my reply above to DJboutit.

Thank you all for posting, we will take into account what you have said in regards to dislikes and thank you for the compliments (likes). If you have anything more to add, let us know!

Note: I cannot promise that everything that you have all listed as a dislike being considered (i.e. changed) but I will try my best if it is feasible (although we cannot change everything that is dis-likened).

Thanks.

I think he was trying to point out the fact that they are not webmasters at all. Even the ones with websites are usually not webmasters. They bought cPanel hosting and used a one-click blog or forum installer. They upload a theme and click to set it. They do not know shit all about HTML....ect.

Cash whores? Let's put it this way who doesn't like money? This is a "webmaster" forum, where everyone is here to make money. How are the ruining the community?

Hello yes you are right people are webmasters mostly to make money i don't have a problem with that at all i do it, However most of the people uploading for peanuts are not webmasters they don't care about this forum and they are hardly here to help they are only here to say "Y U NO PAY ME SCAMMER I REPORTASSNAJION U POLICE". After time that becomes very irritating and degrades the iq level of the community. Hell if they were really that smart and actually read the rest of this forum they would understand that uploading is one of the worst ways to make money online. If you wish to continue this argument please pm me i would rather keep this thread clean its nice to see user input into this sort of thing.

Last edited:
I would say that the current members of staff are doing a fantastic job, if you could elaborate on the strictness, we can look into it. Remember, that this is a feedback section, for members to compliment or criticize (to a certain extent) or suggest ideas on how to improve the community.

We don't plan on bringing back the old skin but what you should do is let us know what you dislike about this skin, in a separate thread, if and only if there are many members that dislike the particular bit that you dislike too - changes maybe made.

Those that resigned or were demoted are still around however a few had hick ups and we had to ban them from the community (this is not a discussable matter).

We'll leave threads opened regardless of it being answered from today.

I am glad you like most staff members, if not all. We plan on refining the rules, but due to other commitments in real life and other things, refining of rules will be done in the new year.

Read my reply to Jesse.

Not exactly something we can discuss in a public section, PM me with more detail. However, take note that just as members have to follow rules so do staff (that includes us administrators too - regardless of being owners or not) but I have not come across any members of staff being racist, it's not what we would tolerate and they're all very good.

Changing of password will be enforced every year instead of every month. The reason why we don't have a "remember me" is due to the fact that when you login and don't log out or clear cookies, you will remain logged in.

As for people asking the same questions, it would be great if you (or any other member) could point out to the member that the question was already answered and maybe link them to the thread too. Remember, that we're all here to help each other. Now, for plain text pastes, I have to say it annoys me to when a minority of members don't give their source or format the thread correctly - if it happens, report it and we'll PM the user to format it correctly and give the source (if any).

Again, I've not come across any complaints made privately that our current members of staff are abusing their powers, they are doing a great job. But if there's something I am missing, let me know via PM. For members that are rude or trashing each other in the CB, ask them kindly to stop being rude, if they aren't, let a member of staff know but again I've not noticed members trashing others in the CB. We have staff online most times of the day and if it happened, there would be shoutbox bans.

Members of staff banning for "the dumpest thing"; elaborate on this but remember to not go beyond your limits. For members that talk about money making from uploading, we hope to (this will take a long time but we plan to) convert those uploaders into legit users and educate them that there is money making methods without using file hosts.

I wouldn't necessarily say 90%, but I can understand why you say that. There are ways of changing the ratio of the amount of uploading related threads etc to threads that are not related to uploading, can you guess what that is? Why don't you create a thread not related to uploading? No one is stopping you from creating it. It's the obvious solution of overcoming the amount of threads we have related to uploading but for the long term, we have plans in place.

We will be enforcing rules in regards to hosting competitions/giveaways. Not enough ban hammers being swung? Now that's something I didn't expect, I always read that we ban quiet a lot. Not much to say about this but that we bans are the last resort to anything (exceptions made depending on the rule being broken)

We plan on bringing more features to the skin but don't wish to over do it, the quoted posts modification that we had planned a while ago is still in mind and will be implemented soon.

I am glad that you like our commitment to the community, I am only here to ensure that members such as yourself have a great stay, regardless of how long it is. As for the cash whores ruining this community, read my reply above to DJboutit.

Thank you all for posting, we will take into account what you have said in regards to dislikes and thank you for the compliments (likes). If you have anything more to add, let us know!

Note: I cannot promise that everything that you have all listed as a dislike being considered (i.e. changed) but I will try my best if it is feasible (although we cannot change everything that is dis-likened).

Thanks.

see the opinion about strictness is not only mine but of many's
and if i remember i did created once thread about mod overuse power and i faced a week or so ban
so yeah u ask why u dnt get complains?
guess u know reason now..

Rules are always strict for those who intend to break them. It's not a science fiction to figure that one.
Basic point in having rules, is to cut off unwanted behavior. There's certain things we do not allow in here. Where's the problem in adopting to that? If there's a rule, that you want to point, that is flawed, go ahead.

Like : Most
Dislike : Somethings and somobodies :))

Offer:
by the way, is it possible 2 level ban. 1st level ban, User can post with some limitations (limited room entrance or limited post number each day and no pm ) and its
a temp ban for small causes like small flames and 2nd level ban is real ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back