Status
Not open for further replies.

budokan

Some of my files get deleted very soon. I guess because of DMCA. What to do then?

1.) Changing md5 hash some way and reupload on the same file host - I risk account deletion / ban, I think (?)

2.) Reupload to another allowed filehost, maybe more than one, and post again in the same forum thread or edit the video's original location in the forum.

3.) Upload another video, and change the deleted video at its original location in the forum with the corresponding screenshots / thumbnails.

4.) Do nothing or anything else?

4 comments
Some of my files get deleted very soon. I guess because of DMCA. What to do then?

1.) Changing md5 hash some way and reupload on the same file host - I risk account deletion / ban, I think (?)

2.) Reupload to another allowed filehost, maybe more than one, and post again in the same forum thread or edit the video's original location in the forum.

3.) Upload another video, and change the deleted video at its original location in the forum with the corresponding screenshots / thumbnails.

You'll only risk a ban by file host if file host has written that in its Terms of Service and/or Policy. Read them for every file host.

I recommend upload to 2-3 hosts and post all links in same post, don't spam with multiple posts for same content but multiple hosts. Read Terms of Service and/or Policy for file hosts first.

Either I don't understand what you mean or it's really not good doing that.

With new uploads, use link protectors. Most takedown are automated and manual takedowns ante mostly to lazy to enter some captcha. Don't use a paying, but something like safelinking.net.

You'll only risk a ban by file host if file host has written that in its Terms of Service and/or Policy. Read them for every file host.

I recommend upload to 2-3 hosts and post all links in same post, don't spam with multiple posts for same content but multiple hosts. Read Terms of Service and/or Policy for file hosts first.

Either I don't understand what you mean or it's really not good doing that.

With new uploads, use link protectors. Most takedown are automated and manual takedowns ante mostly to lazy to enter some captcha. Don't use a paying, but something like safelinking.net.

The first thing you want to do is make it hard for them to find your links in the first place. If you are posting Sherri Chanel sets or videos, DO NOT USE HER NAME in the post. At the very least, use spaces between the letters in her name. Same with scene names. If you post a scene from an aggressive site, leave out the name. Same with multi-model site names. Sure, that will make it harder for people to find the scene via search engines, but also makes it harder for the owner to find it, too. And don't post clickable links. Always use
Code:
code

On to your questions:

1. It all depends on the host and how aggressive the copyright owner is. Just make sure you not only change the size of the file but the name as well. That way, if it gets reported, it looks like a completely different upload to the host and most hosts won't give you any grief about it. If you post stuff like Chastity Valentine or any of Jimmy's stuff, you might as well just give up. Certain material will always cause you grief if posted openly and it's just not worth the headache.

2. It depends on the forum. If the forum allows it, create a separate folder with alt links to your material and place a link to that folder in with your uploads. Unless the person who reports your links actually downloads one of your files, they will have no clue about the alt links and people can still freely download your material.

If you want to use a 2nd host, try to use one that you can remote your existing links into.

3. Replacing a chronically dead post with something different is a fine idea.

4 Doing nothing is always an option, too. In regards to link protectors, many sites won't let you use them. Always check forum rules first and then ask a mod if you are still unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back