What option is better subdomain or relative path

Status
Not open for further replies.

korifeich

HI!

I have a question. I need to filter content on the whole web site according to country that user selects. I can make it by three ways:

1) Save selected country in cookies and just filter content using this cookie.
2) Use subdomain: us.mydomain.com/page_path - in this case subdomain will display country filtered items but thispages will be the same as on main web site.
3) Use relative path: mydomain.com/usa/page_pagth - in this case all country related pages will be with /country/ prefix in url. But ut has the same problem as in previous point.

What option is the best from SEO point of view.

May be you can suggest any other options.

5 comments
Good content that is unique and enjoyed by your market, can get you on the first page above the fold, improve website page visits, average time per page, bounce rate and so much more.
Try considering paidforumposting.com solutions, they are really suitable for those who want to increase traffic that comes to web sites.

Why I am getting a feeling that you are trying to promote PFP in your reply? You didn't even understand what opt has asked! You just replied! Stop posting not helping replies, please!

korifeich, I am not sure what you want to do. If you create a Sub domain or Sub folder and I visit that URL from Bangladesh then how could you distinguish that traffic? You need to use filter in your Google analytics. Otherwise I don't think you can filter your traffic with your ideas.

happyvalentine,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not going to filter traffic by visitors county. I just want to give opportunity for user to see only his country content. For example I have posts for USA. On the main web site user will see for example link: Show USA only. If he clicks this link he will see content only for USA. Here comes my question how should I organaze this country specific content:

DeMoN100 answered that second option is the best, so I've already started its implementation. Here are some details:
1) I create unique domain one per country: us.site.com, uk.site.com ...
2) User can see content only for a particular country
on every domain .
3) User can see content from all countries o
n the main web site .
4) Every country specific domain has the same skin as main web site, but has unique Title, Description and Keywords meta tags. I prepare templates for country minisite and put country title into that template.
5) All contry web sites has links to International version.

The only thing is that content on country specific site will duplicate main site content and I do not know will it harm main web site or not and if it is so, how to avoid this effect.

The best thing you can do like some websites do is they make their main index page. a map & say select your country. Once you hit that country the website should remember by cookies I believe which country they selected then everytime they go to your website they get redirected automatically to their country selection.

The third option is very useful and it is displayed in url too. If you create its sub domain then it would be useful in case if you do not want its optimization. Pages after main domain are generally created to add new information or nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back