What is the best trilogy of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
115 comments
The Batman movies were too trope-laden for me to get through. When the cop-killing, mass murdering Joker held a cop at knife point within a yard or 2 of dozens of armed cops and he was let go instead of being shot in the face by half of them, I pretty much gave up on that flick. I honestly can't even tell you what happened at the end. And Heath Ledger's performance wasn't anything new or special.

I loved LOTR but the graphics look really cheesy on my 4k tv. And I never made it through the newest ones. I watched the first one but never once believed any of the actors were the characters they played beyond Gandalf. I mean, the dwarfs looked more like Gnomes than anything else.

The Matrix? Only saw the first and it never really made any sense. The idea of building and then powering those massive machines on human energy is just too absurd beyond words. It's like the writers got to that point and couldn't come up with anything, so they shit out that idea at the last second. There were some groundbreaking effects, though. And who doesn't love Larry Fishburne?

Never saw the Godfathers.

The child in me says Star Wars and the adult says Mad Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back