What is the base of page rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
26 comments
number of visits has absolutely nothing to do with pagerank.
Backlinks are the only factor which decides what the pagerank is.

I have seen PR5 websites with zero traffic, and PR1 websites with thousands of UVs per day.

PR is based on quality backlinks and PR doesn't mean anything anymore. The only time google uses PR is when there is a tie in search results for example lets say WJ and Digital point both rank highly for a certain keyword, google will then pick the site with the higher PR as the tie breaker but besides that PR is worthless now a days.

PageRank has no relation with Google Adsense. I know sites with PR 0 that makes over 1k $ / month from adsense.
Focus in quality content on your site. Optimize your content for both: SEO and humans.

Page rank depends on your quality back link not depend on site visitor. If you have quality backlink for your site then your page rank will high.

Hello,
Page Rank mainly depends on quality backlinks means high PR backlinks. If you collect backlinks from high PR sites than your site PR then your site page rank will surely increase.

Sorry to all, I don't think that page rank only depend on quality back link. quality back link is a main factor but not all in all. It's depend on quality back link, quality content, visitor also.

What is the base of page rank?
backlink or number of visitors

If you want to get high PR then you have to build quality backlink with high PR link page. visitors also a fact for giving favor by google search engine. actually page rank showing the reputation of your website google. so low PR site also can getting and ranking high position on google search result than high PR site.

OK, let me give you an example.

Say you have one website with PR 10.

PR 10 website links to a website with 0 PR. 0 PR site now will gain some stance on PR, becoming PR 3.

Now you have another website with PR 6

PR 6 Website links to a website with 0 PR. 0PR site will now gain some increment on PR, becoming PR 2.

Say you have One thousand (1000) PR 3 website

1000 PR 3 website link to a PR 0 website. That PR 0 website gain some increment on PR, becoming PR 1.

The basic idea is that when a website got a reference from another website, it's PR will be calculated on the basis of the PR of another site that give reference to it. The mechanism works exactly the same like thesis you do in master and postgraduates. The number of references and quality references come into play.

I think page ranking depends on the backlinks and content quality of website. So we have to work on these two things to increase the ranking

It is still a myth that how many factors Google considered for assigning the PR to a website however some experts had prepared a list of 200 factors. Moreover the list they prepared is not considered as an authentic source but i still believe that Bank links and the traffic are 2 major factors of it.

Page Rank is based our off-page seo from other websites and you can find the back links are base on the value of your website.

Google base of the off page rank. off page work is
Forum submission
Classified submission
Bookmarking submission
Directory submission

Its not depend on traffic. Google says that page rank calculation formula is having more than 2 lakh variables. I am sure that following things are the main factor :

1) Internal Back Links,
2) External Back Links,
3) Domain Age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back