Status
Not open for further replies.
A combination of both. We use cloudflare to deliver static assets. It goes cloudflare -> reverse caching proxy -> backend.

Yeah. We wanted to keep our frontend hosting in Sweden. We've had very little problems with them. Their support is a bit slow though (took them 3 days to reinstall one of our VMs). The VM doesn't lag or slow down though, so it's good. We used Gridlane (another Portlane reseller) before them, and their service was horrid / unstable (would never recommend). We use 2x256mb VPS from them.

@SrsVPS see this not hard for me to find out not only your DC also your provider also you are using VPS. (Don't ask me how do I did that ;p)
But i'm only saying to you this is very easy to find out. You know - Reverse Proxy system is not something can hide you or anything like that. This is only buld for Advertising stunts - nothing els.
And about TPB as I said - they use CloudDNS nothing else.

Have fun.

CloudFlare/DMCA complaints

CloudFlare however will give up your backend IP in the case that it receives a DMCA request.[/QUOTE]

We actually do not at this time. We changed our policy several months ago surrounding this & we will only give out the hosting provider's name (not server IP address). We also will not respond to DMCA complaints that don't meet the criteria spelled out in the link I just provided.

We had too many people abusing the system and/or trying to be shady with DMCA complaints, so we adjusted our policies and procedures handling these complaints.

@SrsVPS see this not hard for me to find out not only your DC also your provider also you are using VPS. (Don't ask me how do I did that ;p)
But i'm only saying to you this is very easy to find out. You know - Reverse Proxy system is not something can hide you or anything like that. This is only buld for Advertising stunts - nothing els.
And about TPB as I said - they use CloudDNS nothing else.

Have fun.

Congratulations, you've ran a whois lookup on the IP addresses of our frontend reverse proxies. Despite tons of people trying, no one has successfully found our actual backends yet after setting up our reverse proxy system.

We actually do not at this time. We changed our policy several months ago surrounding this & we will only give out the hosting provider's name (not server IP address). We also will not respond to DMCA complaints that don't meet the criteria spelled out in the link I just provided.

We had too many people abusing the system and/or trying to be shady with DMCA complaints, so we adjusted our policies and procedures handling these complaints.

That's awesome! If you're familiar with our case at all, I'm guessing you've seen all the BS DMCA requests that are sent to us. :)

Last edited:
Hi,

"That's awesome! If you're familiar with our case at all, I'm guessing you've seen all the BS DMCA requests that are sent to us."

We had to. A lot of people contact us with a misunderstanding about what they can file a DMCA complaint for & just trying to be less than honest. We also refined the process for the entire abuse process about what we will respond to. If you file a DMCA complaint that is missing information required by DMCA law, then we send people what they need to send us in order to respond. We still don't give out the server IP address at all for any complaint, unless we are working directly with a hosting provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back