what is my nameserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

desizone

hello everyone
i purchased vserver from hetzner. i have to update my nameservers on godaddy to get my website online.

can anyone help me how to setup my nameservers !

Thanks in advance

14 comments
Hi,

go to cloudflare.com or similar service, signup.
they will give you Nameservers, point your domain to those nameservers. and in Cloudfalre or any other point it to your server Ip address.

you using Cpanel or Lamp stack ?

i'm using plesk panel web admin edition
i alreay tried on clourdflare. my domain register on godaddy and i have vps server from hetzner

Last edited:
Hey,

I would suggest you dont run your own nameservers.
Go to GoDaddy, select your domain and click on "manage dns zones". Change the A record to your server IP. Save.
On Plesk you can now add your domain.
Your website should now resolve to your VPS.

Btw do not change your NS records to anything.. Keep the GoDaddy domaincontroll ones.

If you do have a dns server running, do the same as my post above, except go to "hostnames" and add ns1 and ns2 pointing to your IP. Then change your dns zone ns records to ns1.yourdomain and ns2.yoursomain. This on the other hand will take about 6 hours to resolve.

Last edited:
If you encounter similar problem in the future, just use godaddy's nameserver and point your dns records to your server. You do not need to have your own nameservers in this case.

Hi,

First, you should register the private name servers at your godaddy panel and after set them from your plesk panel to get it done.

Thanks,
Mitesh

nameservers guide domain to reach the IP address of the server where it's being hosted.

if you have your own VPS or dedicated server, you have to get DNS to map your domain to your server
there are option like cloudflare or vdns which you can use and stop yourself from hassle of making own DNS

Greetings,

You can create your own private nameservers for your domains and you can manage it from your Plesk control panel. Do the following step to create private nameserver.

1. Add A record for ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com
2. Register these nameservers at registrar end (In your case its Goddady)
3. Use the " Add custom nameserver " option available in goddady.

Please reply me if you have any more doubts on this.

For godaddy you have to create nameserver. Go to Hostname field and create ns1 and ns2 with server ip. After creation update nameserver to ns1.yourdomain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back