What domain extension you buy if not have com/org/net

What Domain extension you buy if not have .com/org/net

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

-sky-

Dearl all
i think this good to know what will user buy if domain extension like .com, org, net is not available and the name of domain you need available to other extension

and why you choose that ?

17 comments
It really depends on what you need the domain for.
If you're planning on building a site to sell later, having it with .org .net or .com will increase the selling value later.

If you're looking for brandability, try and get an extension that fits well with the name. For example, how Mega tried initially with Me.ga

More good examples:
stop.me
goodti.me
torrentbyt.es

etc.

Again, it really depends on what you're looking to achieve. Whatever you do, I wouldn't recommend buying .info
They're just rubbish.

i must say it all depends how how domain sounds if the top tld extenctions are not available then buy other
like for example if its a video site buy .tv and like i said above it all depends on how it sounds :P

with this will be as benchmark to people buy domain without .com/org/net extension
and this time .WS still popular then other

I usually deal with Asian contents and since I'm also Asian, I use dot asia domains.

EDIT: You could have just searched for domains on registars, they usually display search results including other tld if they are available as well as suggestion from what keywords you used. Sometimes reading the suggestions can make you come up with a good idea for a domain name.

Last edited:
.CO is the future for business. It may technically be registered to "Columbia" but in the United States its been dubbed "Company" or "Corporation". It's really a solid choice for new businesses these days.

Anything else really goes anymore. Doesn't really matter what the extension is. It's all about what you decide to do with it. Having a keyword rich domain can help, no matter the extension.

i like .ws then .in but both that domain can't set geographical target on google webmaster only .co available
this time .WS still win from the poll

It depends what it needs to be used for in my opinion. If it's business, i wouldn't buy anything but .com if someone else has already taken the name. You are almost certainly going to lose sales to the .com domain.

I like .co if it's for a personal site and sales aren't affected. I've also been known to go for some obscure cctld's if i really want a certain domain. :)

i would probably brain storm again and switch to other domain names
as com/org/net/info are the main concern for Google

Dearl all
i think this good to know what will user buy if domain extension like .com, org, net is not available and the name of domain you need available to other extension

and why you choose that ?

I'll say it depends on the type of business your setting up.. here's the list of domain extension that i read on a post in domainkaforum, this might help you figure out the extension that you need for your business.

.com it means commercial, And it’s the best extension if your site represents a business.

.net it means network, commonly used by webhosting companies and Internet service providers. It can also be used as an extension for an Intranet Business.

.org-used to represent an organization, commonly used by non profit groups.

.biz used for small business websites.

.info used to label a resource website, Or a site that is commonly used for reference. Its one of the most popular extension aside from .com, net and .org.

.mobi (mobile) Used for mobile websites or websites about mobile devices.

.us used for American websites.

.cc country code for Coco’s Keeling Islands. It can be registered by anyone from other countries.

.bz country code for Belize but is commonly used by small business who can’t get their preferred name using .biz extension.

.tv commonly used for websites related with the media and the entertainment industry.

.vg country code for the British Virgin Islands.

.ws the country code for Western Samoa, but is now commonly used as an acronym for "Web sites."

.name used for personal websites.

.co.uk the country code for United Kingdom . co is for businesses.
- See more at: http://www.domainkaforum.com/showth...ghlight=domain+extension#sthash.QlMk7enF.dpuf

.com it means commercial, And it’s the best extension if your site represents a business.

.net it means network, commonly used by webhosting companies and Internet service providers. It can also be used as an extension for an Intranet Business.

.info used to label a resource website, Or a site that is commonly used for reference. Its one of the most popular extension aside from .com, net and .org.

.cc country code for Coco’s Keeling Islands. It can be registered by anyone from other countries.

.bz country code for Belize but is commonly used by small business who can’t get their preferred name using .biz extension.

.tv commonly used for websites related with the media and the entertainment industry.

.ws the country code for Western Samoa, but is now commonly used as an acronym for "Web sites."

- See more at: http://www.domainkaforum.com/showth...ghlight=domain+extension#sthash.QlMk7enF.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back