Status
Not open for further replies.

Loonycgb2

Reason i ask is because i have seen many hosts come and advertise, then within a few weeks there is bad reviews and hosts being blamed.

Here on wjunction i understand no one is rich to own a big company in the hosting industry, but we all have to start somewhere.

In thought of possibly creating a hosting site.

• What do you purpose a good host is?
  • Does the theme/template/skin affect professionalism?
  • How technical does support have to be to look and/or be good? (not counting the man/woman behind the server administration)
  • Does collocating & renting servers affect your thoughts?
  • How long should the money back guarantee offer be so you feel safe?
  • Do prices really change your thoughts on buying or is it what they offer?
  • Unlike most hosts here does overselling cause a conflict if you know it is happening?
  • Last, but not least what do you look for most in a host?
I ask these questions not only for me, but so it can be a good help to fellow host's who want to come out and start a company and/or site.

I really would like to hear from as many people as i can...

Just so people can no my opinion of my own questions:

"What i look for in a host is not only how courteous and professional the company is, but i look for are they stable. Can they afford what they offer. Will they be able to fix server problems if they were to arise.
Is the person or company known to steal or have too many problems with money."

Edit:
Does anyone have suggestions for the current hosts?

Last edited:
11 comments
  • What do you purpose a good host is?
A. Best way to most likely find a good host is by searching reviews such as V7N, WJ, and WHT (This also apply's to searching for a Datacenter if you're thinking about doing Co-Location.)

• Does the theme/template/skin affect professionalism?
A. Template really doesn't affect the professionalism unless you click on the link in the template comes back with nothing but 404 Error.

• How technical does support have to be to look and/or be good? (not counting the man/woman behind the server administration)
A. Technical support would be another good option to look at before purchasing any services I also recommend people looking for hosting to test out Technical support knowledge of the provider they're looking at going with.

• Does collocating & renting servers affect your thoughts?
A. No co-located does not affect anything for an example JaguarPC they own all of there hardware in are doing co-location this haven't affected them at all. Co-location is basically Samething has renting the server except for you can either choose to have a private rack to yourself for your server's are Share a Rack with someone.

• How long should the money back guarantee offer be so you feel safe?
A. Money back should between 15 days to 30 days back guarantee. There are many providers I've caught hiding behind this in not offering money back even though they stated it in there refund policy.

• Do prices really change your thoughts on buying or is it what they offer?
A. With pricing no this really wouldn't change any thoughts on buying. Howevery if the provider is offering only Yearly plans then Yes it would change my thoughts on the pricing.

• Unlike most hosts here does overselling cause a conflict if you know it is happening?
A. Most Hosting providers when they start off will oversell some provider have over killed the overselling limiting by placing to many accounts on a server.

• Last, but not least what do you look for most in a host?
A. Last thing I look for an a host is Honest, Technical Support, Terms Of Services, Refund Policy, Privacy Policy, and stable uptime of there services.

Personally, I think HostAVPS.com is the ideal host. They provide responses in just about 10 minutes everytime, my VPS hasnt been down in over 8 months and my site loads faster than it has on another other hosts server. Not to mention I pay less than any other similar provider I was looking at. If they can keep it up, they will become a very popular host as I personally will stick with them for as long as I need a VPS. To me, that is a perfect host :)

A good host is a company willing to make the effort for their clients.It's all about making your clients feel a part of your company. Lets face it, without clients the business would be non-existent.

A good host should offer
  • Good services
  • Good support
  • Kind staff

That is what I personally would call a good host​

Oh! OP started new host..

Loonycgb2 said:
I ask these questions not only for me, but so it can be a good help to fellow host's who want to come out and start a company and/or site.

No it is not my company i joined to help a fellow person trying to achieve knowledge & become a good host.

Like i quoted myself above i did it not only for me. I believe many people here can benefit from opinions on what to look for when they need a host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back