Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft Security Essentials.

Apparently I'm not stupid enough to download a virus, so I don't need some bulky paid (or cracked) software.
Additionally, all other free AVs are full of nags, ads or both. They don't provide anything I need that MSE doesn't have and, to be honest, I only have MSE so people don't say "wtf you dont use an av? whats wrong with you?!".

I don't use any anti-virus because by this point we should all know what to download or what not to download. I do although scan with MalwareBytes once in a while.

You have to use an anti-virus bro. You can get a virus from just visiting a webpage or opening an email :|.

What I use is for me and me alone to know as far as anti-virii protection is concerned, but I can tell you that I use Black Ice Defender for my firewall.

I always take a look at the latest report from av-comparatives.org and av-test.org before I choose an anti-virus. Gotta be sure you have the best. Aside from that I also use virus-total's uploader as well as keyscrambler.

Awareness would help a lot in case of AVs!

Hello :wave:

Some of you might find it strange, but I generally don't use antivirus! It really eats computer resources.

If i get suspicious about virus, }:-)
just installs free one available in market (sometimes trail) to scan the disk. After completion of scanning/removal process, i just uninstalls it.

Finally, to avoid installation & scanning phase, i use ProcessExplorer & Autoruns from Microsoft Tools (formally known as Sysinternals) to monitor applications, and highly recommend disabling Java for browsers & using AdBlockPlus <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back