Status
Not open for further replies.

matt001

I need some suggestion on how I will increase traffic counter on my site as well as website hit counters? I am starting out to promote my own website organically but don't know how to do it. also I want to know about free web stats counter for my site & how will I get that. If anyone know about this please help me

9 comments
If you want to focus on increasing your organic search then make sure you create and share quality content.
And with regards to traffic monitoring, go to analytics.google.com and set up and connect your site so that you will be able to monitor the flow of your visitors.

Thank you for your valuable replies , I have tried google analytics .But I have lot of significant data problems.so I am not sure about gooogle analytics its beneficial or not .I also tried some software as piwik ,gostats ,webstats,Piwik is too costly, and I found that free analytic and hit counter on gostats. so What are your opinions about that? Please suggest me?plz connect with me.

For website hit counters, use Google Analytics. It's free and there's nothing else better, in my opinion.

There is no way you understand what a hit counter is because Google Analytics does not provide a hit counter. How did you get past the captcha here?? Plus there are tons of services better than google analytics. Google has a monopoly position on the internet and they don't need to improve because of people like you who promote them but have no idea about what the best it. :(

If you want to focus on increasing your organic search then make sure you create and share quality content.
And with regards to traffic monitoring, go to analytics.google.com and set up and connect your site so that you will be able to monitor the flow of your visitors.

No, Google stopped giving search query data last year. It's a waste of time to try to optimize keywords through Google. Plus the different data that they give you now is not accurate nor useful. You will just waste your time and not make any improvements.

Statcounter is probably the best after Google Analytics IMO.

Statcounter was good like 8 years ago. Since then they haven't improved on anything significant. They've only messed up their offering with data problems. They now give away data in their marketshare program too which is not a good idea. They are almost as bad as Google when it comes to selling your data. I really hope that you aren't still using Google? Google will sap money away from your business and you won't see it happening because they will steal your customers upstream and sell their clicks to others. Google is a monopoly now and they don't care about you.

You should try something opensource like gostats.org. Although I use the hosted version because I have a lot of businesses to manage, I like it much better than the others I've tried. I'm a big time data geek, so I'm very careful about picking the best option out there. Don't settle for monopoly marketing ;)

There is no way you understand what a hit counter is because Google Analytics does not provide a hit counter. How did you get past the captcha here?? Plus there are tons of services better than google analytics. Google has a monopoly position on the internet and they don't need to improve because of people like you who promote them but have no idea about what the best it. :(

No, Google stopped giving search query data last year. It's a waste of time to try to optimize keywords through Google. Plus the different data that they give you now is not accurate nor useful. You will just waste your time and not make any improvements.

Statcounter is probably the best after Google Analytics IMO.

Statcounter was good like 8 years ago. Since then they haven't improved on anything significant. They've only messed up their offering with data problems. They now give away data in their marketshare program too which is not a good idea. They are almost as bad as Google when it comes to selling your data. I really hope that you aren't still using Google? Google will sap money away from your business and you won't see it happening because they will steal your customers upstream and sell their clicks to others. Google is a monopoly now and they don't care about you.

You should try something opensource like gostats.org. Although I use the hosted version because I have a lot of businesses to manage, I like it much better than the others I've tried. I'm a big time data geek, so I'm very careful about picking the best option out there. Don't settle for monopoly marketing ;)

LOL. this is your first post after registering here? looks like you are just here to promote gostats.

Thank You for such valuable reply , I agree with battlestar I also found that Google was popular for webmasters a few years ago. After the huge problems with Google sapping your data and customer value, I’m surprised that you’d mention it as an alternative. (Little shocked, because I consider you a thought leader) Maybe it’s time to get serious about data? ;) I’m a data wonk myself, even though I go with open source like gostats.org, I know that there are saas offerings out there that will do what you need. Just don’t mistakenly think google is the best because it’s not – they just have a strong monopoly and a very aggressive marketing department. :) so whats your opinion about that plz suggest me??

Thank You for such valuable reply , I agree with battlestar I also found that Google was popular for webmasters a few years ago. After the huge problems with Google sapping your data and customer value, I’m surprised that you’d mention it as an alternative. (Little shocked, because I consider you a thought leader) Maybe it’s time to get serious about data? ;) I’m a data wonk myself, even though I go with open source like gostats.org, I know that there are saas offerings out there that will do what you need. Just don’t mistakenly think google is the best because it’s not – they just have a strong monopoly and a very aggressive marketing department. :) so whats your opinion about that plz suggest me??

You are obviously the same guy as Battlestar. All you are doing is passivly advertising your shitty website gostats.org
Please f off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back