Status
Not open for further replies.

vietuploaders

Okay, until now, I have to do this.

First of all, how humiliating this service has done to me, they changed my name to this, while I've been being polite with them!
Thunderbird Screenshot:
L72Q28e.png

On their website:
V64PdgE.png

Now this is my story. I have been with them for 4 months, I have the linux FDC VPS plan for $29 monthly as described on their website:
2 x 2.26Ghz Xeon CPU
1Gbps Unmetered
250GB Dedicated HDD
3GB Dedicated RAM
Linux or Windows OS
Datacenter: FDCServers
XEN Virtualization
Full root/administrator
99.9% Uptime SLA
SolusVM Control Panel

And I only host 2 wordpress sites on this vps, the traffic doesn't reach 1000 visitors/day on this server. And the loading time on my US Windows VPS is 5-8sec, I didn't believe it until I verified it with gtmetrix from different locations.. Please note that I host only 2 normal wordpress site with some daily posts, I don't run any cron jobs or malicious scripts/plugins. I myself installed LEMP stack and configured properly since I have some actual knowledge about server management, so it's really nginx NOT apache webserver. So page loading is slow, maybe oversell? I don't know. But I could endure that.

I could have been going on with them for long, until this happens. For short, they LOST my data!

I don't know what's wrong with the contract between 5Gbps and FDC (and I don't care), but this is the ONLY email I have received from them, on 28th September
H2NX0Sa.png

So, they didn't say anything about backing up my files, just notified me that there would be 1hr of downtime. How sweet! I thought okay, there was just 1hr of downtime and they notified me... But NO eventually.

I have no notifications since that email, then my server's down. I opened a ticket on 1st October asking why my server is down, and UNTIL then they told me that my migration failed, while they pronounced it started probably on 29th Sep. And in less than 12hrs from their answer, I tried to connect to my server to get my files, I couldn't. When I asked them, they said they didn't have control for FDC server now because their contract ended in the end of September.

=> They don't even care the migration is failed or not, accepting the fact that September has 31 days, and UNTIL 1st Oct I asked, they proposed the migration failed!
=> And they don't notify their customers, at least me, in this situation, I don't receive any emails saying I should backup my files!
=> And how generously of them giving me less than 12hrs to backup my files!

I tried to tell them get my backup files back, and today they've told me "FDC formatted the HDD".... and again, how generously of them offerring me 1 month free for their EVO plan as compensation. Oh, thanks but no thanks!

Here is the whole ticket: http://i.imgur.com/P33FjQ3.png

You'll notify they never apologize, until I post on their thread about their attitude.

So in conclusion, I have lost all my files in vain, with this bullshit service.

BEWARE WITH THEIR SERVICES, I WARNED YOU!

P/S: How funny this is, while they said their contract with FDC ended in the end of September, the plans are still there for you to order!

T0S1VMI.png

Last edited:
13 comments
Thank you very much for your review. First of all we would like to state the following:
- We didn't changed your first name. It was a security bug in WHMCS and somebody used MySQL injection to change all first names from our database. All clients were notified about this issue. Also we fixed the security bug and everything safe. No other informations were affected. We are verry sorry for this.
- We have totally sent 2 e-mails to our clients regarding the migration process. The first e-mail was sent 1 month before the migration. The second e-mail was sent couple days before closing FDC nodes. Unfortunately there was an error during the migration process and we asked you to make backups. We notified you about this error as soon as we could.
- 12 hours is enough to backup 2 small websites
- We don't offer US VPS, only NL.
- Why in 4 months you didn't opened a ticket or sent us an e-mail regarding the slow loading of your websites?
- It's easy to tell about a service that is bad, after 4 months of using if with no downtime or problem. If you say you have server administration knownledges, you should know that errors and crashes can happen. You should make backups. Hardware and software is not 100% safe.
- Your case is isolated and definitely is not a general issue at 5Gbps.com, so our services are definitely not worst, only because you didn't had time in 4 months to make backups of your websites.
- We do apologize for this issue, but I think this wouldn't bring your files back. We preffered to offer you 1 month free and a new EVO VPS to compensate this issue. We are really sorry about your inconvenience.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hosting company is responsible for backups.
Always back your site up to your personal computer! They make no guarantees about the availability of backups:139:

We will have a meeting monday morning. We are thinking to offer an offsite backup service too for cases like this. This is the first time it is happening something like this at 5Gbps.com and we want to make sure that errors like this wont happen again.

That first name part was too funny. LOL!
But I never heard any bug on WHMCS only effect some one FIRST NAME. As 5gbps@ mentioned - "No other informations were affected.". I know WHMCS always update about their bugs, is there any proof of that kind of bug?

Secondly - vietuploaders[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]@ is 5Gbps.com putted on their term they has no responsibility about client backup?
What they mentioned is "
[/FONT] User agrees to assume full responsibility for all files associated with the Site and acknowledges that User may be held legally for the contents of the Site. Backup and Monitoring. User is solely responsible for creating backups of any files associated with the Site and for monitoring the Site. [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]" But that's not clear of the 5Gbps offer not baclkups![/FONT]

But I never heard any bug on WHMCS only effect some one FIRST NAME. As 5gbps@ mentioned - "No other informations were affected.". I know WHMCS always update about their bugs, is there any proof of that kind of bug?

Secondly - vietuploaders@ is 5Gbps.com putted on their term they has no responsibility about client backup?
What they mentioned is "
User agrees to assume full responsibility for all files associated with the Site and acknowledges that User may be held legally for the contents of the Site. Backup and Monitoring. User is solely responsible for creating backups of any files associated with the Site and for monitoring the Site. " But that's not clear of the 5Gbps offer not baclkups!

Here is everything about the security bug: WHMCS - WHMCS Security Advisory for 5.x
The hacker changed all first names to: DISASTER. It was a batch SQL command. Our team immediately disabled access to the hacker. Also we checked every server to make sure nothing else was affected. Fortunately the hacker didn't change anything else than the first name and in some cases the password. The password was reset, but the hacker didn't receive any password from us. Our team disabled his access in minutes.

We do backup and safely host files on RAID arrays. In vietuploader's case after trying to migrate automatically hist VPS, we asked him to backup everything before shutting down the servers. After 12 hours the servers were shutdown and unfortunately the DC formatted the HDD.

Last edited:
Oh now you're still saying you asked me to backup everything before shutting down the servers? Where? You expect right after you answered to the ticket, I would then go back them up? Am I your neighbourhood?

- Show me the proof you sent 2 emails and this could be just clear.
- So luckily in my case, it's just 2 websites, for others like 200 websites, you'll still generously give them 12 hours? The MOST important point is, you do NOT mention that I have less than 12 hours to back them up.
- I didn't send any ticket reporting slow websites because this is unmanaged servers, I didn't pay for management.
- You do apologize? Oh after I tell you about your attitude on your sales thread here, the very first "sorry" appeared. Thank you.

You just say many things without prooving anything. I could invent some stories about your services too but I didn't. So proove it.

Anyway I'm still defining this server is the worst service I've ever used. Thanks for nothing.

Secondly - vietuploaders@ is 5Gbps.com putted on their term they has no responsibility about client backup?
What they mentioned is "
User agrees to assume full responsibility for all files associated with the Site and acknowledges that User may be held legally for the contents of the Site. Backup and Monitoring. User is solely responsible for creating backups of any files associated with the Site and for monitoring the Site. " But that's not clear of the 5Gbps offer not baclkups!

Offtopic:
If you are not sure of something, please refrain from commenting.
WHMCS has had serious exploits for the last one week;
https://twitter.com/whmcs/status/385828857070510080
https://twitter.com/whmcs/status/385811317179052032

Have a look at numerous webhosts that were attacked and compromised due to this WHMCS Bug:
New WHMCS Exploit - Hosting Software and Control Panels - Web Hosting Talk

Their TOS says you are responsible for backups, I don't see what you are crying over.

Refer to their Limitations part of the TOS, if you know how to find it.

Any host can get hacked/compromised/taken down or anything.

Also read their Limitation of Liability, if you want to see that you cannot point fingers at them since you agreed to the terms that they will not be held responsible for any loss of data, so your point is invalid.

I don't even know who this host is, but all I did was just a 5 minute reading and that is all you have to do before selecting a host before going for it and more importantly, keep it in your head.

You should be happy that they offered you a free server even when they were not responsible for your data.

Like I said, yesterday me and our staff had a meeting and discussed about the backups too. The decission was positive. We will launch an offsite backup service and it will be available for every client who needs it. Every client having an active VPS with us will also have access to the backup service for free with couple dozens of GB space included. The backup service will have a paid version too for clients needing more backup space. Thank you vietuploaders for bringing our attention on this.

Sorry to bump this thread but I just saw a thread in hackforums that they are selling hacked 5Gbps.com vps accounts. I hope your team is on to this.

Hey there,

We have found out that 5Gbps.com is the same guy who used to run webhosting companies by the name "GigaServer.net and Interwap.ro".

GigaServer.net and InterWap.ro were involved in a scam earlier, Reference: http://www.wjunction.com/10-hosting-discussion/166818-gigaserver-net-interwap-ro-scam-company.html and we found out that 5Gbps.com is owned by them aswell.

How did the story uncover?

I usually browse through the threads on WebHostingTalk, and found. this: Web Hosting Talk - View Single Post - 5gbps.com scammed me 80$ . That invoice screenshot literally let loose everything about 5Gbps.com and it's true motives.

The invoice screenshot, http://puu.sh/5Pjr3 show's the company name as " PFA Tolgyi Alexandru Adalbert "Blue Net", which is exactly the same as of GigaServers: http://i.imgur.com/K6t2bKM.png Ref ( link )

To verify / double check the invoice details, i tried ordering a VPS; and here is the screenshot of the invoice: http://i.imgur.com/qfB2Eh2.png. So, it's confirmed that Alexander (GigaServer) is the guy who owns 5GBps.com.

The same guy who scammed several people , just a few months ago.

I then dug more into his WHT account and guess what!! He happens to be the guy to have created GigaServer offer threads at Webhostingtalk.
Web Hosting Talk
GigaServers.net - Unmetered 1Gbps XEN VPS 1TB Space only 35 EUR / month (EU) - VPS Hosting Offers - Web Hosting Talk
And the most funny part is, he's a "corporate member" on Webhostingtalk.

More Proofs:

Company no. of GigaServer: F02 / 1071 / 2012
nr.regcomertului: f02 /1071 /2012 - StatsCrop

Company no. of 5Gbps.com: F02 / 1071 / 2012
http://puu.sh/5Pjr3 / http://i.imgur.com/qfB2Eh2.png

What now?

You are adviced to stay away from the company, 5Gbps.com. If you are a existing client of 5Gbps.com, it's best to file a chargeback in PayPal or any other payment gateway you've used to pay for your service.

If you have any queries, feel free to post a comment over here.

Regards,
Froomple.

Please read this thread.
http://www.wjunction.com/10-hosting...aserver-net-interwap-ro-scam.html#post1930306

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back