vps6.net failure on this host server, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobmathew

my vps is down for more than 24 hours

i got email from vps6.net

"I am sorry to report that we have suffered a failure on this host server, ch-29, which has corrupted the server to the point where we are unable to boot it.

Currently we are working to restore the server and recover data hosted there, however I do not know with certainty if this procedure will be successful, nor do I know an estimated time when a recovery may be complete. The process may take as long as an additional 48-72 hours."

i had important data on vps ,

will i get back or no ?

do they keep back-up ?

5 comments
As they said in their email, they are not sure if they can restore the data which was stored on the vps'.
I cannot find in their TOS that they take regularly backups, I can only find that the user himself is responsible for the data.

I don't know about your data but i hope you asked them before about how the backup service works.
Otherwise you are out of luck...

If you purchased an unmanaged server (likely) with no backup options then no luck. Unmanaged means you should do your own backups if it is important. A managed server usually includes backups.

Jacob & all,

We are still working toward a full resolution to this situation, although at this point I am hopeful for a complete recovery of the data that was damaged. Of course, regardless of the outcome, compensation will be provided to account for the inconvenience caused.

Technical Support has been working around the clock to keep tickets updated, and I am sure they will continue to work with you toward a complete resolution.

If you purchased an unmanaged server (likely) with no backup options then no luck. Unmanaged means you should do your own backups if it is important. A managed server usually includes backups.

In general, that is what we guarantee. I will say that following the outage mentioned here, we will be accelerating plans to begin offering Idera (formerly R1Soft) continuous data protection with all Xen and Windows servers, managed and unmanaged -- free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back