VPS VPS - Reliable and Fast ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

papa.shango

I'm looking for a new VPS for a client's website - reliability and speed are a must. Budget is between $30-$50 a month.

I've tried both Hostgator and Godaddy before and I'm disappointed with both of them. Godaddy's customer support is slow, Hostgator though has a good customer support team but I found them playing with my server configuration and modifying settings without my permission.

Has anybody tried WebFusion (UK) or MediaTemple? Could you suggest be a reliable VPS provider that has nearly 0 downtime?

Thanks.

13 comments
You can't find a host with 0 downtime. nearly maybe.
Are you looking for a VPS in the UK or it doesn't matter? and do you have any other requirements like ignoring DMCA or whatever ?

I can recommend KnownSRV,from previous experience. they are very good and the VPS is located in the Netherlands.

I speak as part of OpenVServers, and we can offer you 99.9% uptime and 120mbit/s speeds, and we have plenty of plans between your budgets margins :) And we have plenty of reviews and vouches which we can present to you proving we have the best support services you could ever get from a web host.

See this thread for more details - http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=52057

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
WiLDFiRE.

You can't find a host with 0 downtime. nearly maybe.
Are you looking for a VPS in the UK or it doesn't matter? and do you have any other requirements like ignoring DMCA or whatever ?

I can recommend KnownSRV,from previous experience. they are very good and the VPS is located in the Netherlands.

Thanks for the information however I'm looking for a US or UK based company that can provide good support and 99.9% uptime!

Hello,
I didn't tried WebFusion (UK) or MediaTemple!! but I heard good reviews about FDC Servers
you can check their prices from here http://www.fdcservers.net/virtual_servers.php

Highest Regards
Mohammed H

Thanks Mohammed. Can I read some reviews about this company? Haven't heard about them before.

I use OpenVServers for a while and I dont have any complaint. The only downtimes were from hardware updates and they were really fast.
Uptime rocks, so does the speed (I dont use it for RL nor Seedbox, though).
The manager is awesome too. The tickets are answered quickly and the guy knows his thing.

This is the best VPS I've had so far.

openvz - 1 Gb RAM - 100 GB storage - 1TB Monthly Bandwidth - 2 IP - DC Orlando Florida - 100Mbit per vps - Fair Cpu

Price $27

Xen - 1 Gb RAM - 2 Gb Swap - 1 Cpu Core - 30 GB storage - 2TB Monthly Bandwidth - 1 IP - 100 Mbit - DC USA

Price $35

PM me if you interest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back