VPS or Shared hosting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
66 comments
Obviously
If its a small blog then go with the cheapest shared hosting plan.
and contact me i'll give you one for only $3.95
Obviously you have no clue about hosting.

Low Price -> Many users per server-> Low Performance. It doesn't matter how big or small your site is, you will share the server with many other users.

Furthermore, ignore this member's offer ... he is not a hosting provider on WJ.

If you are beginner or the fresher then you can go with the Shared-Hosting services.

Shared hosting
comes with many features like free cPanel, one click installer, free dedicated IPv6 IP at an cheaper price which suites your requirement.

Shared hosting is the best option for creating a creative blog, dynamic pages. Because shared hosting plans come with the affordable price and many features.

I would like to share the difference between shared VS VPS

Shared

The most basic and least expensive hosting rate is shared hosting. These plans allow you to reserve space on a shared hosting server, which also hosts a number of other websites in addition to yours. These plans are the most affordable options because they offer the least amount of performance, stability, and versatility.

VPS

(Virtual Private Server) VPS Hosting is a hybrid of shared and dedicated hosting. A physical server (also known as the parent) hosts several VPS instances, each of which is allocated a certain amount of the parent server's hardware resources. These instances are leased out and run on their own as separate servers. As a result, you're effectively renting a portion of a dedicated computer.

You need to know how much space your blog will need. Also, what kind of traffic are you expecting on the blog?

If you have many pages for the blog, you can go for VPS, which will give you enough space and RAM.

So choose your Web hosting provider carefully. A choose good brand hosting provider because it provides excellent support and uptime.

But these are just two things, and you can read here what a good hosting provider Shared Hosting or even VPS hosting or any, for that matter, should have.

There are excellent deals on small to mid-size VPS-es that you can grab for the cost of Shared hosting which in most cases limits you in every possible way. Check LowEndBox and I am sure that you will never buy a shared hosting again.

WHUK is the finest hosting service because, in my opinion, they value the needs of their customers.
Support is critical in the hosting industry since it helps consumers to solve issues at any moment.
Customers rated them 4.8 out of 5 for excellent 24/7/365 support and 99.95 % uptime.
Their administrative and technical teams have always been available to support us with anything we've requested and to ensure a smooth move to their server.

It depends on usage such as RAM, I/O, Disk and bandwidth.

For starting, use shared hosting. For better security of your data you can go for KVM or Xen VPS.

Shared hosting is excellent for personal websites and new enterprises, whereas virtual private server hosting (VPS) is superior for larger websites and smaller businesses. VPS hosting is more expensive than shared hosting, but in exchange, you gain more control over the resource constraints placed on your account, in addition to enhanced performance and heightened levels of protection.

I think that shared hosting is the best way to get started. After that you can consider moving to a VPS. Of course that worth to take advantage of both using the companies like bluehost, qhoster, rockhoster. I mean the ones which have both of the services.

Look guys if you want to start from new website thn i would say shared hosting but when your site become little big thn you need to switch to vps thn after dedicated server :)

But if you ask me which one is good for bigners i would choose shared hosting :)

Shared hosting is good and easy to use.

thank you.

If it is small blogs then I suggest you to go for Shared hosting and after some months or year you can upgrade to VPS.
Post automatically merged:

shared hosting is best for personal sites and startups, VPS hosting wins for larger sites and small businesses.

Last edited:
When it comes to smaller businesses and personal websites, shared hosting is superior to virtual private server hosting (VPS).

VPS hosting costs more than shared hosting, but in return, you get better speed, increased security, and more control over the resource restrictions placed on your account.

VPS without doubt. More memory RAM available and CPU.

There is not way to compare with shared hosting, unless you pay a lot for dedicated web hosting.

VPS is much better to handle and work, use Keyhelp free control panel or HestiaCP and you are ready to go, if you have enough resources like RAM and CPU then Cyberpanel.

I suggest paid control panels like DirectAdmin, since cPanel prices are crazy

You can check our Offshore VPS plans here:

We also have Offshore Web Hosting

Best Regards,
Alexhost

It's funny how much time has passed since the beginning of the topic, but nothing has changed )))) Small blog - use shared-hosting. Want something more and know how to manage it - VPS will be the best

Free hosting service is good as long as you take care of the backup. No guarantee.
Shared or VPS? If you are not sure - just start with shared hosting and than upgrade to VPS.
In any case it worth to use the hosted solution which meets your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back