VidHotel.com - The Videos of the Web, Together! (ololo & alluc alternative)

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonyxy

Hey there WJunction community ?,

My name is Antony and I'd like to introduce VidHotel.com

Our main goal is to serve as an aggregate for the vast world of video supply & demand, where everybody wins. We don’t host a single video file. Our aim is to connect uploaders with users and benefit both. Publishers gain additional attention to their videos/affiliate programs and users have a commonplace to turn to when they want a broad spectrum of video content.

We’ll be constantly expanding the platform, aiming to support the applicable video hosting platforms available.
Currently supported video hosts: youtube, vimeo, dailymotion, streamtape, videobin, mixdrop, doodstream

• For uploaders/publishers, you can create an account and add up to 20 links per day. Limit is expanded upon verification, by clicking on the "Get verified" link from user profile.
  • For webmasters, we can crawl your applicable links automatically upon request from user profile.
  • For video hosters interested in being supported and listed in the service, please contact us via PM, or create an account and contact us via the website.

The beautiful thing about VidHotel, at least in my opinion, is the fact that uploaders do not have to think about creating websites and so on if all they want to do is monetize their uploads. For instance, you can create a user account and use your profile as your own channel/blog for your uploads.

Upon request, we can make further customizations such as removing sidebar so your users remain only in your video list and even using your own ad codes for your channel and posts within.​

People can also sign up, leave live comments on your videos, send you messages and connect with each other.

P.S. There are still bugs and errors that may need ironing out, so please bare with us while we try to gradually improve!

Thanks for reading! Your feedback is welcomed! ?

75 comments
Thanks a lot!
I didn't know it, I will search if there is a way to move id's at the end of filename with regex
Post automatically merged:

What are your thoughts about DMCA removed videos? :)
I mean will they recognize by your system automatically?
Or will you give the ability to uploaders to remove the videos manually?
Or nothing above?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!
I didn't know it, I will search if there is a way to move id's at the end of filename with regex

What are your thoughts about DMCA removed videos? :)
I mean will they recognize by your system automatically?
Or will you give the ability to uploaders to remove the videos manually?
Or nothing above?
Still haven't truly decided between you and me. I think we may provide a tool for dmca agents to remove whatever they like, but they'll have to insert specific vidhotel links. But that is if there's some specific pressure down the line,

At this point in time the only thing capable of removing your links... is if they are deleted on the hoster's side. We check for removed videos periodically to avoid serving broken links to users.

Hello

Where we can edit the title because the import of streamtape is horrible ?
I have some movies with a strange backdrop cover ??
Hey there, welcome aboard.

We wanted to build the submissions with convenience in mind, so didn't consider the edit option (at least for now).

But I feel like we can do even better in this case and automatically solve those title issues. Please allow us some time and we'll make sure your titles (most of them at least) are displayed correctly.

For example, after the required updates to our system, this video title should become this:
Les Tontons flingueurs

Hey, quick update.

https://ninjastream.to/ support added!

You can now add links from NinjaStream as follows:
or

Hey, quick update.

https://ninjastream.to/ support added!

You can now add links from NinjaStream as follows:
https://ninjastream.to/watch/IDor
https://ninjastream.to/download/ID

Last edited:
Hello
I try to add doodstream videos but all failed
Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?
Hey.

We're still waiting on doodstream to activate our api key and allow us to use their service and provide support. It has been 3 days since they said they would look into it.

doodstream has been fixed and mystream has been added to the supported sources :)

Last edited:
Hello!
Congratulations on the site! :)
I'm testing now.
Mixdrop links are loaded incorrectly.
Where can I delete incorrect uploads?
My username is Pyt27
Regards,

Could you add this to the list?
voe.sx

Last edited:
hi vidhotel
Any requirement to eliminate the limit of 20 links per day?
thx
When you log into your profile, there's a button "get verified". Just hit us up there and we'll increase the limit!

Hello!
Congratulations on the site! :)
I'm testing now.
Mixdrop links are loaded incorrectly.
Where can I delete incorrect uploads?
My username is Pyt27
Regards,

Could you add this to the list?
voe.sx
Replied via email, thank you!

Last edited:
Nice site. Only problem I've noticed so far is sometimes thumbnails for links don't seem to get fetched. And some daily shows get detected as movies. It seems to be mostly the ones that don't really have a season/episode format but a date instead.

As for suggestions, it would be nice if you could increase image quality. Everything seems to default to 70 which results in noticeable artifacting. This is especially noticeable with user avatars etc. Another suggestion would be to provide an API for verified members. People that handle a lot of links tend to automate their workflow.

I'm also wondering if you have any plans to create a spinoff that focuses on adult content? Back in the day
Alluc had their Pron.tv daughter site. Ever since they shut down nobody has bothered to fill that void. Considering the traffic they had and the fact that adult content tends to generate significantly more profit I think it would be well worth it.

At any rate, GJ with the site so far.

Edit: some mixdrop links fail with "There was a problem with this video." even though the links themselves are fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back