Status
Not open for further replies.
11 comments
Good eye Nec

MporMO.png

as I've mentioned in Capone's thread, he did a mistake with this vBSEO thing. It is useless for wJunction.
Before links were short and "easy" to remember.. now links are bigger and hard to memorize and share around.

wJunction was good without this shit and is ranked high for several search terms as well.
-999 Propz for this change.

^^ Sorry i forgot to advise you personally for this change.

But besides your ability to remember URLs, there are actual benefit in usage of VBSEO and with all the respect i don't think you need to be the one preaching us and giving us negative rep for doing whats best for WJ.

And Dlow/NewEraCracker we gonna fix all VBSEO errors last night.

as I've mentioned in Capone's thread, he did a mistake with this vBSEO thing. It is useless for wJunction.
Before links were short and "easy" to remember.. now links are bigger and hard to memorize and share around.

wJunction was good without this shit and is ranked high for several search terms as well.
-999 Propz for this change.

vBSEO is good for WJ.
Also Admins did a good choice keeping the ids in the forum name slugs.

I have not agains't you Capone, I just think you should planned URL structure a bit more instead of using this big ones.

Well NEC.. I personally prefer:
wjunction.com/topic-id/topic-name.html

Looks better and clean.

Actually keeping id and name of id keeps google searches and more accurate..
Its the reason google likes certain seo because it can know how to categorize the links.

Numbers alone make it useless..

The issue is located within the function vbseo_thread_seotitle (inside vbseo\includes\functions_vbseo_createurl.php):

Original code:
PHP:
function vbseo_thread_seotitle(&$vbseo_gcache_thread)
{
global $vbphrase;
if (!isset($vbseo_gcache_thread['seotitle']))
{
$ttl = ($vbseo_gcache_thread['title'] ? $vbseo_gcache_thread['title'] : $vbseo_gcache_thread['threadtitle']);
if(VBSEO_URL_THREAD_PREFIX && 
($prefid = $vbseo_gcache_thread['prefixid']) )
$ttl = (VBSEO_URL_THREAD_PREFIX_NAME ? $vbphrase["prefix_".$prefid."_title_plain"] : $prefid) . ' ' . $ttl;
$vbseo_gcache_thread['seotitle'] = vbseo_filter_replace_text ($ttl);
}
}

Fixed code:
PHP:
    function vbseo_thread_seotitle(&$vbseo_gcache_thread)
    {
        global $vbphrase;
        if (!isset($vbseo_gcache_thread['seotitle']))
        {
            $ttl = ($vbseo_gcache_thread['title'] ? $vbseo_gcache_thread['title'] : $vbseo_gcache_thread['threadtitle']);
            if(VBSEO_URL_THREAD_PREFIX && 
                ($prefid = $vbseo_gcache_thread['prefixid']) )
                $ttl = (VBSEO_URL_THREAD_PREFIX_NAME ? $vbphrase["prefix_".$prefid."_title_plain"] : $prefid) . ' ' . $ttl;
            $vbseo_gcache_thread['seotitle'] = vbseo_filter_replace_text ($ttl);
            if( strpos( $vbseo_gcache_thread['seotitle'], 'post' ) === (strlen( $vbseo_gcache_thread['seotitle'] ) - strlen('post') ) )
                $vbseo_gcache_thread['seotitle'] .= '-'; 
        }
    }

guys, this is an age old thread and the problem seems to be showing only on that link. not sure what happened to it, but i see other new post links work just fine. if you still see issues currently on the site please mention them. if not, stop bringing back old problems. :P
the url structure has been changed since then and they might have just copied an old url that doesn't work anymore.
furthermore, who remembers thread urls? omg, haven't you discovered bookmarks in your browser or even subscribe to thread? don't tell me you start writing the whole thread url to check it out. and besides i think it's a very good structure, you take a look at the url and you know what forum you are in and what thread you are viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back