Uploadrocket.net - Earn $15 for all file sizes, unlimited storage space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All links get translated to shorter links when you send a visitor to the site - For example (And these are not real links):

UploadRocket.net - Easy way to share your files will become UploadRocket.net - Easy way to share your files

So you can use the 'short url' if you like.
Thank for fast reply! :)

Yes but this link not shown for upload, so either need click each link after uploading to get shortcode ? or remove filename manual and add .htm to uniqueid ?
Why this hassle? when could just add this shorturl to share after upload?

And about unicode filename? This is most important! Possible?

Sorry I am not sure I understand about unicode filename - Can you give me example please.

I will look at code to add shorter filename after upload - But we have been here for 2 years and this is the first time it is requested.

Thank for fast reply!

Yes but this link not shown for upload, so either need click each link after uploading to get shortcode ? or remove filename manual and add .htm to uniqueid ?
Why this hassle? when could just add this shorturl to share after upload?

And about unicode filename? This is most important! Possible?

Sorry I am not sure I understand about unicode filename - Can you give me example please.

I will look at code to add shorter filename after upload - But we have been here for 2 years and this is the first time it is requested.

Thank again, i hope it comes thru, it should be useful for many people even they did not mention. :)

Unicode filename just is support for normal foreign character, like french or german á é ä ö.
I share some books, but foreign book get truncate filename with lot of ___y_k_ replace foreign character, and do not want zip rar every file, or remove real title with replace character.

Example goes "la.péur.pdf" become "la.p__ur.pdf" on your host, but others it remain "la.péur.pdf"

Also i have suggestion to help you with possibly bounce traffic.

When click on uploadrocket link, you need go thru 2 checks before seeing a filename. This is bad!
As experience filehost user no problem, but for beginners i have some contact me saying my link dont work, and other "why i use uploadrocket when files are always offline", because they believe there is no file, and i understand them because they can not see it when clicking link, unless they go thru both checks.

Last edited:

Thank again, i hope it comes thru, it should be useful for many people even they did not mention. :)

Unicode filename just is support for normal foreign character, like french or german á é ä ö.
I share some books, but foreign book get truncate filename with lot of ___y_k_ replace foreign character, and do not want zip rar every file, or remove real title with replace character.

Example goes "la.péur.pdf" become "la.p__ur.pdf" on your host, but others it remain "la.péur.pdf"

Also i have suggestion to help you with possibly bounce traffic.

When click on uploadrocket link, you need go thru 2 checks before seeing a filename. This is bad!
As experience filehost user no problem, but for beginners i have some contact me saying my link dont work, and other "why i use uploadrocket when files are always offline", because they believe there is no file, and i understand them because they can not see it when clicking link, unless they go thru both checks.

I do not think I will change to support the unicode - It's just too much of a 'system change' and I hate to make such changes unless really NECESSARY for the benefit of EVERYBODY - Sometimes a system change can have a huge impact on a site.

I also really appreciate your suggestion regarding site navigation - I have also had just a few complaints - However the site is setup as it is to generate income so that I can pay you guys - Any modifications to that flow would have an impact to all users - I mean, a site that cannot show ads cannot pay for downloads right :-)

I do not think I will change to support the unicode - It's just too much of a 'system change' and I hate to make such changes unless really NECESSARY for the benefit of EVERYBODY - Sometimes a system change can have a huge impact on a site.

I also really appreciate your suggestion regarding site navigation - I have also had just a few complaints - However the site is setup as it is to generate income so that I can pay you guys - Any modifications to that flow would have an impact to all users - I mean, a site that cannot show ads cannot pay for downloads right :-)

Yes i do not know what impact or how difficult it is to change, but uploadrocket is the only host i see not support unicode ? Hope you will reconsider in future.

This is wrong friend, i think you missunderstand me.
Display filename on first landing will not generate less income for you, it will generate more, because of bouncing problem i tell you ;)
It is not asking to remove 2 checks for showing ads, but only to show filename on first landing.

Actually i just check again, and it does not show filename anywhere!!??

This is example
Now

Change

Last edited:
adult content allowed ?

Yes - Legal adult content.

Yes i do not know what impact or how difficult it is to change, but uploadrocket is the only host i see not support unicode ? Hope you will reconsider in future.

This is wrong friend, i think you missunderstand me.
Display filename on first landing will not generate less income for you, it will generate more, because of bouncing problem i tell you ;)
It is not asking to remove 2 checks for showing ads, but only to show filename on first landing.

Actually i just check again, and it does not show filename anywhere!!??

This is example
Now

Change

I try NOT to show filename ANYWHERE on the site if I can help it - We are file sharing host - I have no reason to know what is being shared - It is your private content because that is what is stated in our TOS - YOu share your links with your friends and family - When they come to uploadrocket they already know what the file is!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back