Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the major disadvantage of mega is for downloading too user need a powerful pc. also cpu usage very high and make system slow, this is specially a concern for mobile use.

https://mega.co.nz/

Server not found :-=

Last edited:
Sh!t to Mega :cursing:

-----------------------------------
Account Suspended
YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED OVER REPEATED ALLEGATIONS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at legal@mega.co.nz if you believe the allegations are false.
Please be reminded that MEGA respects the copyright of others and requires that users of the MEGA cloud service comply with the laws of copyright. You are strictly prohibited from using the MEGA cloud service to infringe copyright. You may not upload, download, store, share, display, stream, distribute, e-mail, link to, transmit or otherwise make available any files, data, or content that infringes any copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
Pursuant to our Terms of Service, accounts found to be repeat infringers are subject to termination. Full details, including how to file a counter notification, are specified in MEGA's Terms of Service, Copyright and Takedown Guidance

Best regards,

Team MEGA

There's 1 thing about MEGA that still annoys me
In the first 6-10 months the uploading encryption system had a bug making most files over 1-1.5Gb corrupted, the infamous decryption error
I still have a quite lot of files from 2013 that are corrupted and I didn't backup anywhere else
This is really bad for data integrity because even with the error, people can still download these file with Mipony and jDownloader or go to the temp folder and rename, spreading this corrupt files

And the account ban thing is really unnecessary, MEGA has the possibility to make accountless uploads and has the import button that enables to copy files to another account, but there no automated way it needs to be done 1 by 1, it doesn't make sense overall to ban accounts

Last edited:
In the first 6-10 months the uploading encryption system had a bug making most files over 1-1.5Gb corrupted, the infamous decryption error
I still have a quite lot of files from 2013 that are corrupted and I didn't backup anywhere else

Ah yes a "bug" /sarcasm

Ah yes a "bug" /sarcasm

This wasn't made on propose, these files get like 98-99% complete / corrupted

This is really bad for data integrity because even with the error, people can still download these file with Mipony and jDownloader or go to the temp folder and rename, spreading this corrupt files

And the account ban thing is really unnecessary, MEGA has the possibility to make accountless uploads and has the import button that enables to copy files to another account, but there no automated way it needs to be done 1 by 1, it doesn't make sense overall to ban accounts

You and others whos files been corrupted please use mega tool to download back your files without issue..

So many hosts but none of them can compare with mega

Out of interest, what exactly makes them "unique"?

They don't delete files, my files since 2013 still available. Download speed is truly unlimited, I can get 50MB+/s easily, no daily limit, no captcha, no waiting time, easily clone files to backup...
And 100% free, I have 20TB+ there. Many webmasters like me don't need affiliate host, that's why MEGA is great choice.

Out of interest, what exactly makes them "unique"?

They don't delete files, my files since 2013 still available. Download speed is truly unlimited, I can get 50MB+/s easily, no daily limit, no captcha, no waiting time, easily clone files to backup...
And 100% free, I have 20TB+ there. Many webmasters like me don't need affiliate host, that's why MEGA is great choice.

I offered all of that on filecloud before mega.co.nz existed and our largest account (multiuploader) had 41TB in it
affiliate program was only added this month after 10 years and even then it is completely different to everything else out there :)

You and others whos files been corrupted please use mega tool to download back your files without issue..

It doesn't matter in which way you retrieve this files, you can do it with mipony , megatool or whatever, they are corrupted, if you use browser these files get stuck, if you search on google for "mega decryption error" or file stuck at 99% there is a lot of results

It's stupid because there must be a load of servers holding this huge amount of corrupted data

I offered all of that on filecloud before mega.co.nz existed and our largest account (multiuploader) had 41TB in it
affiliate program was only added this month after 10 years and even then it is completely different to everything else out there :)

How much money did you spent on server cost just to hold this 41 Tb account?

Last edited:

It doesn't matter since its brought users in to pay for itself, now if you want to store few TB for FREE and "no one" ever downloads any of those files well you can go to mega and see how you get on there...

It doesn't matter since its brought users in to pay for itself, now if you want to store few TB for FREE and "no one" ever downloads any of those files well you can go to mega and see how you get on there...

MEGA has deep pockets, and they can be more flexible in that aspect
I cant see HDD magnetic storage getting much cheaper in a near future, the capacity growth has been slow, when cheap high storage 3D flash NAND tecnology come into market I may consider starting a filehost

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/...on-new-3d-nand-flash-triples-memory-capacity/

Last edited:

I cant see HDD magnetic storage getting much cheaper in a near future, the capacity growth has been slow, when cheap high storage 3D flash NAND tecnology come into market I may consider starting a filehost

MEGA also had all its hardware seized and lost ALL files for ALL its users in recent past, lets not forget
and their owners are still being chased by DOJ legally with the legal battle not going well for Kim and co

Now that they have lost all ability to accept payments, lets wait and see how long before you see a message like this on the front page...

I can see HDD magnetic storage getting much cheaper in a near future, the capacity growth has been slow, when cheap high storage 3D flash NAND tecnology come into market I may consider starting a filehost

Anyways best of luck :) tell us how you get on...

Last edited:

MEGA also had all its hardware seized and lost ALL files for ALL its users in recent past, lets not forget
and their owners are still being chased by DOJ legally with the legal battle not going well for Kim and co

Now that they have lost all ability to accept payments, lets wait and see how long before you see a message like this on the front page...

MEGA got a paypal ban recently, I can't actually understand how is MEGA financially sustainable, most Kim Dotcom assets are gone, I guess most people dont even buy premium, and they dont have any ads
Many people already know that the 50Gb limit is bogus, and anybody can put a couple of TB in a free account, the amout of data and servers at this stage must be huge, because they dont delete in innactivity
If investors get tired of this game, MEGA may go bankrupt

I think MEGA is great, but using them as backup or only relying on them may be not the best option

Last edited:

what multiupload site you talk about ?? what is/was the link ?
and ifilecloud isn't a scam site or I'm wrong

what multiupload site you talk about ?? what is/was the link ?

One of the more popular ones, another one is also uploading quite alot...

and ifilecloud isn't a scam site or I'm wrong

filecloud.io is not a scam (nor did it ever have an affiliate program until this month) and was around for many many years (before mega.co.nz existed for that matter) the first iteration of the site existed when rapidshare.DE was around almost 10 years ago (ha lol i outlived rapidhshare and megaupload) it is currently moving to ezfile.ch (links in my profile)

now that i think of it most of the posters here were probably in school in those days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back