Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, don't know why the staff haven't closed the thread, from the original post, it looks they made a decision.

While some of us may not agree with it, JmZ brought some valid points. Anywhere they go from here is not a downgrade, look at it as progress. WJunction is good right now, but it's not great. It has so much potential. There's a lot of people here that are really nice. Over the years, though. I've come to learn that it's not about the forum software you use (While it is somewhat of an importance), it's simply the way you present your website. I've gotten the opportunity to be real good friends with someone you may know, Baraka. He can make any forum software look pretty. And that's the thing, there's great staff here that are good at what they do, so let's not focus much on the forum software. vBulletin 4 isn't that nice to look at, and it's not too user friendly, but I'm sure the staff have a reason for the move.

We should all just accept it and move onto thinking of ways to get WJunction back on track to become a true, Ultimate Webmaster Hangout.

Okay guys, don't know why the staff haven't closed the thread, from the original post, it looks they made a decision.

While some of us may not agree with it, JmZ brought some valid points. Anywhere they go from here is not a downgrade, look at it as progress. WJunction is good right now, but it's not great. It has so much potential. There's a lot of people here that are really nice. Over the years, though. I've come to learn that it's not about the forum software you use (While it is somewhat of an importance), it's simply the way you present your website. I've gotten the opportunity to be real good friends with someone you may know, Baraka. He can make any forum software look pretty. And that's the thing, there's great staff here that are good at what they do, so let's not focus much on the forum software. vBulletin 4 isn't that nice to look at, and it's not too user friendly, but I'm sure the staff have a reason for the move.

We should all just accept it and move onto thinking of ways to get WJunction back on track to become a true, Ultimate Webmaster Hangout.

Well said Exel, Cheers. @ To whom it may concern: Focus your energy on contributions, increased activity, word of mouth, etc.. Rather what's being discussed behind the scene, or which upgrades/updates/decisions are being made. We put our members first here. Ultimately we decide what best works in YOUR favor, the community.

Well said Exel, Cheers. @ To whom it may concern: Focus your energy on contributions, increased activity, word of mouth, etc.. Rather what's being discussed behind the scene, or which upgrades/updates/decisions are being made. We put our members first here. Ultimately we decide what best works in YOUR favor, the community.

I agree, even with Exel. I know vB4 isn't a big thing for everyone even me and like JmZ said about vB5. Really there isn't 'use' for it now. I had a look at and and a lot has changed. So either way mods etc will have to be converted. Its not a biggy but will take work. Lately now i'm liking what WJ as it is now. I'm okay for what ever the decision is. I'm also willing to help if i can :| but its not up to me. Looking forward to the new WJ >.>

I like vBulliten 3.x.x consider upgrading to 3.8.8 ?

I think over the past month this community has came more together than it has been in the last year, and we are on the road to future success, I my self i would love to advertise WJ locally through out data centers and such i am in and try to attract a lot more active web masters but i frown upon file host group personally.

With all of these guys getting sued, fines, & penalized what happens if feds and other people look @ WJ as a heaven forum community for filehost, That is my one & only worry sorry if that does not make sense to anyone.

I love this forum, still don't think that group is needed.

On another note

If something is working adequately well, leave it alone.

Due to the amount of custom modifications, it's taking longer than usual. We'll provide a screenshot once the skin is upgraded.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back