Status
Not open for further replies.
20 comments
i know and it sucks bad... it is due to DDoS events,i am also hosted on Underhost and they cant seem to get this resolved for some reason...

Unfortunately this has been happening so often lately. Seems like their support staff is away or something. Usually they answer a ticket within the hour. Now we're lucky if it gets replied within 12 hours :(

ya they are currently working on the ddos attacks tht have been taking place on NL1 -NL3 so they are answering tehm,just slower then normal

my site is back up again,and ticket was answered

Hello, we do our best to respond to ticket in priority (some ticket from friday as been closed without response due to issue with our billing system)

We usually do our best to respond ticket within 15 minute, when we have issue on servers through we work on servers instead to reply to ticket this is why ticket was set to "On Hold" or "In Progress"

You can follow our issue, related in this topic here:

http://underhost.us/forums/network-status/587-nl1-nl3-ddos-issue-ticket-response-new-post.html

Everything was solved yesterday, we got through again a downtime of around 3 hour this morning on NL1 due to DDoS once again, our admin was not able to mitigate those before httpd crash.

I have alot of problems with underhost.us like 15 hours daily of downtime ... what the fu..
We dosen't have any outage for 15 hour on any shared servers. "15 minute" maybe you mean?

Maybe your IP are banned from our firewall? submit a ticket with "IP banned" as subject, this IP will be unblocked right away.

Thanks you for your understanding and patience in this matter, our tech mitigate those attack everyday.

Looks like it wasnt solved as my site has been down for 7 hours now. Every day for the past week my site has been down anytime between 4 hours to 12 hours eventhough everyday they have assured me that the matter has been resolved.

Hello,

You probably noticed Dedicated Servers, Some VPS and Shared Hosting was affected by a downtime this morning, between 5H AM until 9h30 AM (GMT-4)

This was caused by our datacenter, they shutdown our uplink for security after dutch police confiscated one computers into our rack on datacenter.

This dedicated servers are not on our shared servers hosting, but a dedicated servers customers.

NL3 are still down, due to lack of communication with our datacenter, it should be back before midnight through (GMT -4).

We apologize for this issue and our datacenter apologize also for this, since for protect themself they cut our uplink for security and reputation.

We cannot for now, reveal why the dutch policed sized our servers, but we will try to update you, if no further accusation as been made against us or this customers.

Be sure your privacy are still protected with us, we dosen't communicate any details on our customers.

they got hacked :(

Subject: UnderHost Hacked, Server, Data Lost
body,td { font-family: verdana; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; } a { color: #0000ff; }
Hello,
I am sending out this mass email to all customers of NL2 (pride.hardc0re.org).

You may or may not have already noticed that your site was offline. The server was compromised by a new kernel exploit that allowed the hacker to gain access to the server via a phpshell script, which allowed them to format the entire hdd. However before they did this, they used the server to login to our remote backup server and format that servers hdd, causing us to lose all our backups for all servers affected (NL1 / NL2 / US1 / US6).
We were able to catch and stop this hacker while they were in the middle of trying to delete all the data on another server (US6). I know that is not comforting for you to know, as your data was lost, and for that we are very sorry. We understand your going to be angry about this, as are we.

Please contact us and let us know how you would like to proceed. If you have your own backup of your account and would like to continue to host with us, we have already setup you up on an already patched server (all servers are being patched now) then your account info have been also sent, and we will give you full months credit. If you wish to cancel, let us know, and we can get that process started also.
To cancel your account you need to follow this form:
All cancellation must be requested through "My Products & Services" > ''Account Details'' (
viewdetails.gif
) > then submit a cancellation request
To request your full month credit, OPEN a support ticket with "One Month Free" as subject, we will credit your account for one month, you have until 30 september to request this credit to help you reconstruct your site.

Again, we are very sorry about this, and we wish there was more we could do to make this better, its unfortunate there are people in the world who are so destructive and hateful.
If you have any other questions, please not reply to this email, but open a new ticket, thank you.

Best Regards,
Vincent M.
UnderHost Chief Executive Officer

and i dont have the backup too :O
they got hacked :(

Subject: UnderHost Hacked, Server, Data Lost
body,td { font-family: verdana; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; } a { color: #0000ff; }
Hello,
I am sending out this mass email to all customers of NL2 (pride.hardc0re.org).

You may or may not have already noticed that your site was offline. The server was compromised by a new kernel exploit that allowed the hacker to gain access to the server via a phpshell script, which allowed them to format the entire hdd. However before they did this, they used the server to login to our remote backup server and format that servers hdd, causing us to lose all our backups for all servers affected (NL1 / NL2 / US1 / US6).
We were able to catch and stop this hacker while they were in the middle of trying to delete all the data on another server (US6). I know that is not comforting for you to know, as your data was lost, and for that we are very sorry. We understand your going to be angry about this, as are we.

Please contact us and let us know how you would like to proceed. If you have your own backup of your account and would like to continue to host with us, we have already setup you up on an already patched server (all servers are being patched now) then your account info have been also sent, and we will give you full months credit. If you wish to cancel, let us know, and we can get that process started also.
To cancel your account you need to follow this form:
All cancellation must be requested through "My Products & Services" > ''Account Details'' (
viewdetails.gif
) > then submit a cancellation request
To request your full month credit, OPEN a support ticket with "One Month Free" as subject, we will credit your account for one month, you have until 30 september to request this credit to help you reconstruct your site.

Again, we are very sorry about this, and we wish there was more we could do to make this better, its unfortunate there are people in the world who are so destructive and hateful.
If you have any other questions, please not reply to this email, but open a new ticket, thank you.

Best Regards,
Vincent M.
UnderHost Chief Executive Officer

Underhost , if you ever need any help hand from our side.

We are always here to help you out.

@Clients: Being Patient will surly help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back