UltratechHost - Not being helpful!

Should I be refunded..?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i am also scammed by ultratech host, he was cheater he kept that site by us only we took shared hosting and paied for 1year, he intially hepled, after getting ultratech host site, he started asking us to move to vps and or to upgrade so many times maked us mad regarding money, finally he suspended our site showing fake cp usage , at that time we donno about cp usage then he showed some others and asked to move for vps, due to lack of money we refused his request then he simple suspended our site 2 to 3 times a day, finally suspended and removed our site, he did not returned money and also did not gave backup.
he said he will give back up, but even after 1 weak also he did not gave m he is cheater and scammer as well, he is f***er.

proof, is tollynights.com down for 1month because of this guy, not gave backup also and deleted our site. again we hosted in scorpio host with our old back up. we lost 400 registered users as well.

beware of scammers like ultratechhost.

Hello i am also scammed by ultratech host, he was cheater he kept that site by us only we took shared hosting and paied for 1year, he intially hepled, after getting ultratech host site, he started asking us to move to vps and or to upgrade so many times maked us mad regarding money, finally he suspended our site showing fake cp usage , at that time we donno about cp usage then he showed some others and asked to move for vps, due to lack of money we refused his request then he simple suspended our site 2 to 3 times a day, finally suspended and removed our site, he did not returned money and also did not gave backup.
he said he will give back up, but even after 1 weak also he did not gave m he is cheater and scammer as well, he is f***er.

proof, is tollynights.com down for 1month because of this guy, not gave backup also and deleted our site. again we hosted in scorpio host with our old back up. we lost 400 registered users as well.

beware of scammers like ultratechhost.

I hope the mods read this and ask him to co-operate. :|

It does sound like the guy needs to learn something about customer service, but you should be keeping your own backups, AppleS. I see all the time people complaining that a host lost their backups or won't give them their backups. If the only "backup" is one that your webhost holds, you don't have a backup.

There are plenty of rsync backup providers, dirt cheap VPS you can use to backup to, and Amazon S3 is pretty easy to get backups syncing to. If you don't have a backup solution in place, get one now.

Personally I think this is outragus.
Due to the fact your software won't work and in the slightest they are not helping you get your software working.

But if ther terms of service states no refunds your not liable for a refund.

You hit the nail on the head. His software won't work. The VPS is working, third party software isn't.

Are they meant to give support and refunds for every piece of badly written software people try to run on these machines?

I know Avisynth is a solid app, but the principle remains. They provide an unmanaged VPS. As long as windows and the network are working, they've fulfilled their end of the bargain.

If software the user decides to run on it doesn't work properly, it's the user's responsibility to work out why and fix it.

The problem lies with avisynth or the user, not the VPS.

If the OP wanted support, he should've gone for a managed VPS.

I still reckon he should be on the avisynth forums trying to get help there. It's an avisynth error, and I'm betting it won't be too hard to fix.

I know Avisynth is a solid app, but the principle remains. They provide an unmanaged VPS. As long as windows and the network are working, they've fulfilled their end of the bargain.

Okay, then why did they refuse to install 32-bit OS [which I believe might solve the problem.] for me..?
Is even that not part of the deal..?

In their site I can see that they reformat/reinstall other OS once a month.

They were out for a holiday yesterday, contact them today and see if it can be sorted out.

I was also planning to use their service, but now lets see if your problems get sorted out or not.

In their site I can see that they reformat/reinstall other OS once a month.

They were out for a holiday yesterday, contact them today and see if it can be sorted out.

I was also planning to use their service, but now lets see if your problems get sorted out or not.

Nope, they were not out or anything, they just refused to do it. :(

I don't see any option on their website for anything other than "Windows Server 2008 R2" - no mention of 64 or 32 bit.

I'm not sure what virtualisation they're using, but if it's Hyper-V, I'm pretty sure it only supports 64-bit OSes. That'd make sense too, considering the amount of ram the node is probably running with - more than a 32-bit OS could address. It is possible to run a 32-bit guest OS, but again, if you needed that, and they don't support it, you shouldn't have gone with them.

The website clearly says self-managed, unmanaged etc.

You should definitely check on the doom9 forum if anyone else has had the same problem. Also, just to rule out a megui problem, have you tried other encoding front-ends? Staxrip is good.

Instead of complaining about the host not supporting something you already knew they don't support, why not be proactive and try to fix the problem yourself?

Sorry if I sound a bit negative, but you're expecting too much from them in the way of support. The VPS is unmanaged. I'm sure if you put a little effort in you could fix it yourself.

Sorry if I sound a bit negative, but you're expecting too much from them in the way of support. The VPS is unmanaged. I'm sure if you put a little effort in you could fix it yourself.

As if I've not been trying, I tried every advice on Doom9 and even here but the problem persists.
And MegUI is working fine...just that AVIsynth is not picking up needed filters [codecs].

I installed DirectX as that seemed to be the problem.
I asked him if the video drivers were latest and updated ...he said yes they were.
I tried different codec packs.

Then I opened this thread here ...

http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=50757

I followed every advice to sort it out but nothing worked.

Now when I thought this problem might be due to the different directory structure of x64 and x86 systems that might be the issue and someone on Doom9 also suggested the same...I asked him for OS re-install but he flatly refused.

I've been at it for 2 days trying to sort it out myself.

And when nothing worked I went to him for help but he just said its unmanaged...you have to sort it out yourself....this when I had told him beforehand that I might need help and he had promised to help out if something didn't work.

If you still think I am the wrong guy here..I've got nothing futher to explain to you here.

But you got any more suggestions on how to make it work plz post them in the other thread in Help section.

Now thats not right.

Its fine with not providing services on unmanaged services.

Not a big deal.But some hosts like knowinservers provide good support on unmanaged services too :D

Hi,

As the VPS service is unmanaged in this case you need to solve all software issues by yourself, If there is any hardware issues they will be solve by us.

About 32-Bit OS currently we don't have 32 bit OS avaliable Only 64Bit avaliable which we provided to you and i am also replied that server 2008 32bit, Windows XP and Server 2003 will be avaliable soon in next few days as we are testing some functions.

Moneyback: We don't have any moneyback policy on unmanaged vps which i am already writeen in sales thread you can see it.

Note: We don't have money back guarantee on any of the above plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back