[TUTORIAL] Install Windows on Online.net Dedibox SC/XC Personal Range with QEMU

mohamedh

sorry for the double post ! i did the instalation and i got only 2GB ram ... i have 32 :( why?
Hey, I have the same issue, Does anyone know how to solve this?

It's probably due to the "-m 2048M" in step 10, but I don't know if there's a way to extend it after installation

Also, in the server used here, he has 1 HDD only, so the command
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=1M count=1
probably works for one drive, do I need to modify it so that it wipes both drives?

jolu10

Hi,

Thanks for this tutorial.

I'm trying to install windows on a scaleway Start-2-S-SATA dedibox with 4GB of RAM and 1TB and I get this error when trying to execute qemu with the windows iso:

This is the command I type:
/tmp/qemu-system-x86_64 -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::3389-:3389 -m 2048M -localtime -enable-kvm -cpu host,+nx -M pc -smp 2 -vga std -usbdevice tablet -k en-us -cdrom /mnt/18363.418.191007-0143.19h2_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTENTERPRISEEVAL_OEMRET_x64FRE_en-us.iso -hda /dev/sda -boot once=d -vnc :1

And this is the error I get:
qemu-system-x86_64: cannot set up guest memory 'pc.ram': Cannot allocate memory

I guess it is due to a lack of memory, Your server had 16GB of RAM and mine has 4GB so I think it is not possible to load qemu with the 5GB ISO. Now the memory is:

root@------------~# grep "^Mem" /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 4042124 kB
MemFree: 115544 kB
MemAvailable: 37252 kB

Any workaround to solve this or is it definetely impossible to get windows installed on my server?

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda.

MS-DOS

Hello,
Thank you for this tutorial which was a great help however after testing several times there is a variant of your tutorial even simpler and it also works on servers dedicated to Oneprovider allow me to take your tutorial to make another this time specifying that this tutorial applies to Oneprovider and with a variant of your method?
Of course I will mention you.
Thanks in advance

Top Bottom