Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyuk1984

I just saw 0ccul7's post here:
Code:
http://www.wjunction.com/122-contests-giveaways/135373-%5Bcontest%5D-worldwidexs-giving-away-windows-vps-2-months.html
I'm not interested in the VPS that 0ccul7 is offering, because I already have one. But I do want to share my thoughts on how I think we can make WJunction a better place.
-----------------------------------------------------

I've personally noticed that their is way too much sarcasm, and trolling. The troll meme's or whatever they are called don't help, because it just encourages the trolling. Although it sometimes can come across as being funny... It can also make the other person feel unappreciated.

Whenever someone answers a question, you can pretty much bet on the next person that replies will say something that is totally uncalled for, or basically just call the person a complete idiot.

I've been on other forums, (Webmaster forums), I wont mention the names of them.
They all tend to have a VERY friendly community. You don't see any of these ":facepalm:" or these "[trollface]", whenever a question is asked... no matter how silly it might be, a lengthy answer is always provided along with other members sharing their own input. Although this does happen here, sometimes, and it's nice to see and read!

So, I guess all I'm saying is, there is way to much bitching / trolling / and sarcasm at WJunction... and as a community, it's not good. I certainly don't feel happy here anymore, lets put it that way.
Come to think of it, I don't really reply to posts as much as I used to, just because I can't be bothered with the :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: and the [trollface][trollface][trollface][trollface] that will come after my post - even if I am correct with what I am saying!

This is something that I feel really needs to be taken a look at, but will it?? Probably not.

How could this be resolved "effectively?"
Perhaps start handing out bans? 7 day ban? 14 day ban?
If the culprits continue to bitch and troll and disrespect other members, start handing out longer bans, 3 weeks - 4 weeks or more, I think it would soon stop. If they decide to LEAVE, then so be it... The forum would be a better place without them.

You'll probably have your own opinions about this and feel that banning members shouldn't be the way to go. That's fine, I believe in free speech. Just not hate speech, it's just not needed. If I want to see hate speech and trolling I'll go to 4chan lol.

Yes, I know that I'm on the internet, and all this is to be expected. But I don't expect to experience that here. We're suppose to be a friendly community.

I'm sure that I'm not the only member here to have the same type of thoughts.

So yeah, that's pretty much it really. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. :)

58 comments

I don't think it can be resolved. It's very late now.

What about mods? Who will ban them from trolling, bitching?

I really hate that facepalm smiley..So many are using without making any sense.
Users posting shit on CB, making shit threads which has nothing to do with webmasters.. It's annoying these days.

Wjunction was very good during 2007-08..

^^ What he said, even though he joined 1 month before you :P

On topic: I hope the staff say something about this, instead of closing it with some more troll comments

^^ What he said, even though he joined 1 month before you :P

On topic: I hope the staff say something about this, instead of closing it with some more troll comments

The thread will be closed mostly.. :(

Also we cannot blame single user.. If we stop feeding the troll, he/she will automatically stop. Few users are really helpful like RT, xTreme, Allan, Kruno etc! Few are really pain in the ass.

I don't think it can be resolved. It's very late now.

What about mods? Who will ban them from trolling, bitching?

I really hate that facepalm smiley..So many are using without making any sense.
Users posting shit on CB, making shit threads which has nothing to do with webmasters.. It's annoying these days.

Wjunction was very good during 2007-08..

Yeah I see what your saying, I also believe that it might be to late. This is why I cam up with the suggestion of handing out lengthy bans.
If the culprits realised that they would be getting these bans, they would think twice next time, and if they don't and continue to troll issue them with another ban, but for longer - and keep that process going until they learn that it is unacceptable.

Regarding the mods... I don't often see them trolling that much to be honest, maybe I've had my eyes shut for a long time? :S
If the mod's would agree with the "troll preventing banning system" (lol) they would also have to play a big part in controlling the situation that has seemed to have spiralled out of control.

I also agree with your comments on the facepalm smiley, it's so demoralizing (if that's the correct word for it)

My cousin showed me WJ during 2007 who used to share his account.

Yeah I see what your saying, I also believe that it might be to late. This is why I cam up with the suggestion of handing out lengthy bans.
If the culprits realised that they would be getting these bans, they would think twice next time, and if they don't and continue to troll issue them with another ban, but for longer - and keep that process going until they learn that it is unacceptable.

Regarding the mods... I don't often see them trolling that much to be honest, maybe I've had my eyes shut for a long time? :S
If the mod's would agree with the "troll preventing banning system" (lol) they would also have to play a big part in controlling the situation that has seemed to have spiralled out of control.

I also agree with your comments on the facepalm smiley, it's so demoralizing (if that's the correct word for it)

Not all mods.. Not all the time.. Rarely.. I think that should be minimized.. Also users should stop making posts on "SPORTS", really killing! Who cares when somebody wins or losses? Why create drama for no reason.. If a team won, then good.. They won, they got the money.. Why should we make thread for each and every match?

Hate to see a user crying "THAT HOST DID NOT PAY" "THAT HOST IS NOT PAYING ANYMORE".. They should be happy that they got paid before for uploading warez.

Last edited:
mate let me answer you
Wj is really a friendly community every one on wj is free with one another ie what i mean is that they are not many restrictions are people can talk in a friendly manner and can have fun in doing it
acc to me all the other webmaster forums have sincere serious people they are friendly but not in a manner like wj
on wj people can show their affection ie they can show it in a fun manner on other forums u need to be serious but on wj u dont need to be as every 1 who is a member of this amazing community thinks that another member is a friend to him not just a serious random person whom u should answer to in a serious manner
ie what i mean is that on wj friendly replys are accepted thats what makes wj different from all the other webmaster site
I hope this helps :)

Some suggestions:

If users want to troll or fake them self go to 4chan / social sites.

"Remove the File Hosts section and make a new website for the file host type of discussions. It'd be a network of WJunction."

Why? Because place is filled with 60% of uploaders and not webmasters.

"Ban members using the short SMS Language while writing." This is killing!

"Make invite system"

"Small amount of activity in the forums that need it (SEO, Tutorials and Guides, Resources) and large amount of activity in the nonsense (General Discussions, Polling Plaza, File host support)."

Et cetera.

The median age of the average member of this site is low and mature conduct or conversation is difficult to expect because of it.

Well I recently experienced mod power abuse as I was banned for no good reason. I can say why I was banned in public but that mod would be butt hurt and ban me again lol (and he thinks that he is mature enough xD)

Anyways, like I used to whine about the intellect of the members here, its decreasing day-by-day. There are just few members which you can count, will help you and clear your queries. But the rest of the mob are bunch of morons.

Though I joined in 2009, but I was there when WJunction was made. It was first on phpBB and then moved to vBulletin. That time was pretty much insane and the purpose of a "Warez Junction" was fulfilled. You can just select any forum, goto the last page and look at the threads and replies, you'll understand what I'm trying to say. Although WJunction is now just "Webmaster Junction". The old-skool good webmasters have grown up and might be in their 20-25s. Most of them must have got a *real* job which the 90% of the amateur webmasters don't have. So as time would pass, these trolling bitches would grow up and you probably understand/stop their lame acts.

Not to forget there are still some old fags who wish to be a pain in the ass and are biased.

Well I recently experienced mod power abuse as I was banned for no good reason. I can say why I was banned in public but that mod would be butt hurt and ban me again lol (and he thinks that he is mature enough X-D)
You were banned for a good reason .. namely Mindless Posting and claiming that 'Hitler was not a bad guy'. Members and mods alike liked my posts, so the ban was correct and nobody, of course except yourself, thought it was without reason.

Not to forget there are still some old fags who wish to be a pain in the ass and are biased.
It's so funny, that every time people get hurt in the butt, they blame it on 'mod abuse power'. Grow up and stop to associate yourself with a Japanese Anime character. You are indeed nothing more than a cartoon character.

And you're right, this was the last reference to your ban or myself. If you want to stand up to me, please do it privately.

Infracted for mod scolding.

Last edited:
I never mentioned your name, neither am I pointing at anyone.

If you think that the last sentence was for you then I really find it amusing as how someone wants to be the center of attraction everytime xD

Oh and please don't infract me again ? I didn't say anything wrong :p If you feel it is wrong then we settle it privately ? where you and I are equal ? rather than using your "powers" to settle this. LOL

You were banned for a good reason .. namely Mindless Posting and claiming that 'Hitler was not a bad guy'. Members and mods alike liked my posts, so the ban was correct and nobody, of course except yourself, thought it was without reason.
I have seen many mods Mindlessly Posting, thinking they're cool.
Some mod used to write "UMADBRO" while closing threads.
It was funny the first time. Then it started being stupid.

Also, most members here are just Asslickers, who mindlessly like any post made by a Mod or an Admin.

@sniffdog,
I'd like to repeat your sentence, "Members liked my posts, so the ban was incorrect and nobody, of course except yourself, thought it was correct."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back