TIP : Caching Wordpress Websites...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Banned
Banned
DB Cache Reloaded Fix For WordPress 3.1

http://www.ivankristianto.com/web-d...db-cache-reloaded-fix-for-wordpress-3-1/1784/

Since WordPress upgrade to version 3.1, there are some plugin compatibility issue for example DB Cache Reloaded. You may read my previous article DB Cache Reloaded not compatible with WordPress 3.1 as during plugin activation trigger an error: “DB Cache Reloaded Error: wpdb class is redefined, plugin cannot work!
Previous definition is at /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:52.”.

As the plugin developer not responded to any complain in forums. I took a step to take a look at the code. And i finally found what cause it and patch the code. I have installed in some of my testing blog. So far so good. This patch is tested only in WordPress 3.1 environment. I’m haven’t tested for prior WordPress 3.1.

As this modified is quick and dirty fixed, please test it in your test environment prior to use it in your production website.

Usage instructions:
1. If you have DB Cache Reloaded activated in wrapper mode, please deactivate the plugin.
2. Download the module from the link at the end of this article.
3. Upload the module to your server, overwrite the current file.
4. Activate the plugin, and enable it from the Setting.

Download DB Cache Reloaded Patch For WordPress 3.1

Note: this is not an official release from the original developer. This patched is developed by me because i’m using DB Cache Reloaded in this blog and i want to upgrade to WordPress 3.1. Later i will make my own plugin which is rewrite from DB Cache Reloaded, and keep maintaining it for the community.

If you found any bugs or problem or issue or even want to say thanks, please use the comment box below.

This plugin has cost me hours of work, if you use it, please donate a token of your appreciation!

Hyper Cache

http://www.satollo.net/plugins/hyper-cache

Hyper Cache for WordPress is the secret dream of every hosting provider!

Hyper Cache is a cache system for WordPress. I wrote it because my hosting provider was very low in resources, particularly on the MySql side. Hyper Cache solved all my performance problems.

Please consider Lite Cache as well. Lite Cache is a caching plugin with less feature but better performances and solves a number of issues of Hyper Cache, like the cleaning of pages generated on blogs with pages comments.

Hyper Cache main features

1. easy installation (from 2.5.9 version): just activate Hyper Cache and it works with a set of default values
  2. every cached page will be served without accessing the database
  3. gzip support for enabled browser with gzip caching (no page recompression on each request)
  4. four invalidation modes
  5. cache autoclean on configurable time interval
  6. “urls to bypass” configurable (with two kinds of matching)
  7. Global Translator plugin detection to avoid double caching
  8. mobile browser detection with two separate caches (wp-pda plugin compatible)
  9. low disk usage option
  10. redirects and 404 caching
  11. feed and home caching separate control
  12. user agents configurable rejection
  13. easy to install and configure, no file hacking or modification need
  14. last but not least the author will always listen to you!
  15. Hyper Cache versions are announced and described with posts tagged hyper cache versions.
  16. To get help or ask questions, the preferred way is to leave a comment on Hyper Cache Help post.

Hyper Cache is very useful to me, and I think it’s very useful to many other bloggers. May be some of you are saving a lot of money on low cost hosting provider. With that in mind consider a donation: it will help me to develope new features for Hyper Cache instead of writing italian gossip to earn something with AdSense… Thank you!

4 comments
WP Super Cache is a good one too. But I just recommend to use a Cache system only if you website is having more than 5k unique visitors per day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back