Three Arrested As Police Swoop on Rapidshare Link Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be many years until its gone.

The only way it could be "Dooms day" is if they completely shut down Rapidshare, megaupload, hotfile, and all those other free file hosts.

Use your brains ffs.

You tell us to use our brains, you should use yours a bit more.

Warez will never go, maybe in a few years times we might not be using RapidShare or filehosts like that but there will always be ways to get warez like there has been for something like 30 years + now.

LOL 30K is nothing compared to others that hold over 1 Million members

I guess u guys know what i am referring to

BTW sharing of illegal stuffs will end in few years down the line from now

Damn this is messed up. 30k members, 3 Polish guys down. :( MY PEOPLE ARE GETTING ARRESTED!!! :( Shit. I don't get what the "big deal" is with these warez sites that the government cries and whines about all the time. It's an indexing site in a way just like google. They can go to google and find infringing content there too but do they, no. If anything "illegal" in the eyes of the fucking fbi is on google, they just contact google and are like "Hey. Someone or your bot indexed this link which goes to illegal content, please remove and block it." And within minutes it's off of google.

I guess you should listen to those e-mails and take down infringing content if you want to take no part into the damage you may face and just remove the thread (or at least hide it for like 10+ post count members. ;) That way it'll look like it's gone). And change the "No permission" page to the "No thread specified" page. :P That should work and keep you safe for a way longer time. And if those places sign up and post content, to get the posts, ban them if you have a legitamite reason to or raise the post count for it to like 25+ and keep going by 25's.

this is dicks and a half, for authorities to be busting a site with mere 30k members. Sure puts things into perspective for other webmasters.

Shit like, using fake WHOIS info, using proxies endlessly, dicks dicks dicks.

But the problem was that the owners were also ripping movies no?
Yeah, shame to see Polish guys going down. My blood <3
Also, I remember somewhere in the last summer the police has arrested a Polish couple that was ripping and selling illegally movies on the net. They got like 8 years prison + tons of $$ to pay :|

@DXS: You polish?

well even if they were ripping DVDs themselves, who would authorities know that. And it's not like they were selling, they were merely linking, just like every other site on this site of the net does.

So it still looks as if they were raided for mere warez linking, and not ripping.

To clarify a few things. They haven't being sentenced to 5 years. 5 Years is the maximum they can get if their convicted and found guilty in court. I'd be amazed if they get anything more than a slap on the wrist and a fine at that age for a first offence.

30k members is nothing. The reason the site was targeted was due to them ripping the DVD's themselves. Copyright enforcers always target the original source rippers. They were ripping DVD's and uploading them. If your downloading, uploading and indexing files your not the original ripper and generally your fine.

This is no where near the end of warez.

Off topic: the quality of some replies to threads on WJ is terrible.

To clarify a few things. They haven't being sentenced to 5 years. 5 Years is the maximum they can get if their convicted and found guilty in court. I'd be amazed if they get anything more than a slap on the wrist and a fine at that age for a first offence.

30k members is nothing. The reason the site was targeted was due to them ripping the DVD's themselves. Copyright enforcers always target the original source rippers. They were ripping DVD's and uploading them. If your downloading, uploading and indexing files your not the original ripper and generally your fine.

This is no where near the end of warez.

Off topic: the quality of some replies to threads on WJ is terrible.

+1
+2
+3

No wonder about this & we shouldn't encourage the panic about this anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back