Thinking about closing Softddl.net , what do you think ? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSWarez has lawsuit issues due a site in the old network, SSUpload.

Don't let retards like hackerspy convince you that the FBI is apparently going to raid you, because they're not. The funny part is that he runs his own warez site.

I run WarezScene and proudly reside in the United States, and I've had no legal issues whatsoever to date. :)

Learn from Ultima ppl.
This is the attitude of a real Warez Webmaster.
I bet 95% of the US webmasters would have been scared shit if their site reached anywhere near Ultima's one. Me myself being in a very offshore country don't really bother with DMCA, but might have been different if I was in the US.

My respect goes to Ultima for proudly saying he's a US webmaster.

@echo
like i said here : http://www.wjunction.com/showpost.php?p=101643&postcount=25
you should just quit by now, and save money for college and not end up paying $300K.

Also, on a side note, i have seen more n00by ppl end up getting sued a lot of $$ for downloading pirated material than webmasters running warez sites. Only a few like TPB or mininova... but these are extremely rare cases. Most of the times the servers are offshore and they don't have a case.
So ya, you should probably stop illegal downloading songs/movies too, or mite end up paying $150K instead :|

Interesting, I take it they didnt handle DMCA complaints :P
SSWarez has lawsuit issues due a site in the old network, SSUpload.

Don't let retards like hackerspy convince you that the FBI is apparently going to raid you, because they're not. The funny part is that he runs his own warez site.

I run WarezScene and proudly reside in the United States, and I've had no legal issues whatsoever to date. :)

i think if u live in a offshore country and host it there the fbi cant do no shit and im worried that namecheap are giving details of their members whom has warez sites so i reccomend going to another registar like dynadot or something but ye if u live in countries like u.s and u.k it might be prob the reason im saying this is becouse the uk work with the fbi so if they have ur details and stuff ur fucked so might aswell close and make it a site like download.com lol

I don't think u should close your site but when you read some of the papers SSWarez admin uploaded, he was not hosting any warez and he was only linking to them.

I asked a lawyer who is into copyright issues. He said that linking is considered copyright infringement too. The same laws are applied on both P2P sharing and warez linking. Streaming is copyright infringement too. The lawyer represents an anti-piracy group (The one that closed the TPB clone , BTArena )and the group recently sued Romania's Youtube equivalent (Trilulilu). Will see what will happen.

In the end the most important thing is to remove the content if you receive a DMCA complaint.

im worried that namecheap are giving details of their members whom has warez sites so i reccomend going to another registar like dynadot
Roflmao, did you even read their privacy policy?

Only If We Have To
As stated previously in this policy, we will never give out your information without your permission. The only exceptions to this are, when we are required by law, in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law, or we must comply with a legal process served on our web site.

ANY USA based domain registrar will pass your private info when local law requests it.

If you're not totally dumb, you can make it anonymous anyway.

I Also Dont think that You Close Your Site.
I Live in India And I m Also Running a Warez Site Since Last 4yr And You can see I m Safe Check Modernforums.com he is running his Site and He is from Pakistan And check Warez-bb , Warezscene All are biggest site in the world. Dont Fear man . Hackerspy Trying to make ppl Fear bcoz he is behaving like a Kid & Kid is not Allowed In Warez World. If You Got server in Nl .So You Save Believe me Dont Close Your Site . Rest of Decision You have to take..

^^^it doesnt matter if his site is located offshore...as long as the fbi can prove he owns them and he is onshore...they can lock him up and pound his sorry ass so wrong advice champ of champs.

what he shud have done is try to be as anonymous as possible. atleast thats what i think

I guess i have the decision , i won't close it .

Thanks people .
But please continue giving me your opinions ?

Don't close it because there a larger fish to fry then your little DDL site. FBI would take care of more if they took down katz.cd over Softddl.net. If Katz.cd gets taken out then be scared till then shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back