Status
Not open for further replies.

sabo kun

Banned
Banned
Hi,

I am sad to say this but as we all now oboom.com is officially scam now and banned from WJ . so all should stop using them .

I stopped using oboom 3 months ago .

I lost $370 from this sacmmer oboom.com

sad story but that happened :facepalm:

114 comments
I lost €4500 in Cloudzer, so I was very carefull with Oboom and now I only have €108 pending.

Almost the opposite. got all my money from Cloudzer after closure, missing 1900€ from Oboom.
Have Oboom been linked to Cyando for real, or is everyone just speculating because the hoster is also german/switzerland?

i lost 1800E but i was one of the first to remove all my files and stopped using them, sometime in November.If i didn't i would probably have more than 10k in my balance :D

meh..
wj administration once promoted oboom in their affiliates section
now since oboom stopped paying them and the affiliates they have been banned
without wj's promotion oboom would have never been able to acquire such a large volume of affiliates
wj administration has no regard for safety of its members
most of the filehosts that are promoted on wj eventually end up scamming their affiliates
absolutely no background check is done before a host is allowed to promote their services
any 0day filehost can advertise their services at wj
I feel wj is partly responsible for the loss

Last edited:
meh..
without wj's promotion oboom would have never been able to acquire such a large volume of affiliates
most of the filehosts that are promoted on wj eventually end up scamming their affiliates
absolutely no background check is done before a host is allowed to promote their services

should WJ ask them before advertisement if they will scam or not ?!

meh..
How can the admin/site owners be partly responsible for a site that is no longer supporting affiliates?
It is totally out of their control and to even begin to state that they have to accept some responsibility is ridiculous.

It would be easy for me to say to you - if you hadn`t left so much in there and regularly withdrew it, you wouldn`t have this issue would you?
If they wouldn`t let you withdraw it and you provided them with a reasonable time frame to make payment and they still failed to deliver, at that point you should be considering your options as to whether you should be continuing to promote them.
You need to be directing your frustration in the correct areas and not at a forum that allows you the opportunity of finding and joining such file hosts and then making your own decisions whether they are a right fit for you or not.

meh..
How can the admin/site owners be partly responsible for a site that is no longer supporting affiliates?
It is totally out of their control and to even begin to state that they have to accept some responsibility is ridiculous.

It would be easy for me to say to you - if you hadn`t left so much in there and regularly withdrew it, you wouldn`t have this issue would you?
If they wouldn`t let you withdraw it and you provided them with a reasonable time frame to make payment and they still failed to deliver, at that point you should be considering your options as to whether you should be continuing to promote them.
You need to be directing your frustration in the correct areas and not at a forum that allows you the opportunity of finding and joining such file hosts and then making your own decisions whether they are a right fit for you or not.

WJ should do a background check before allowing any file hosting web site to advertise their services here.
File Hosting Websites who are allowed to promote their services should at least be one year old with a history of successful payouts.
They should also ensure that filehosts have at least more than one cc processor for contingency.

"It would be easy for me to say to you - if you hadn`t left so much in there and regularly withdrew it, you wouldn`t have this issue would you?"
Since affiliates put a lot of faith on WJ they chose OBOOM as their primary filehost. I am not blaming WJ Administration entirely but I believe they are partly responsible for misleading affiliates.
The entire process begins with affiliates making the wrong choice. Some rules and criteria need to be set so that these scams dont repeat themselves.
This is not the first time it has happened that a filehost which was being heavily promoted at WJ went down in less than a year.

I never expressed any kind of frustration regarding my loss with OBOOM and I am not putting the entire blame on OBOOM or WJ Administration. I made the wrong choice for which I accept responsibility. But my decision to use OBOOM was partly (I would say 5%) influenced by WJ's Promotion.

I have learned my lesson and I have decided to stay away from promotions.

WJ should do a background check before allowing any file hosting web site to advertise their services here.
File Hosting Websites who are allowed to promote their services should at least be one year old with a history of successful payouts.
They should also ensure that filehosts have at least more than one cc processor for contingency.

"It would be easy for me to say to you - if you hadn`t left so much in there and regularly withdrew it, you wouldn`t have this issue would you?"
Since affiliates put a lot of faith on WJ they chose OBOOM as their primary filehost. I am not blaming WJ Administration entirely but I believe they are partly responsible for misleading affiliates.
The entire process begins with affiliates making the wrong choice. Some rules and criteria need to be set so that these scams dont repeat themselves.
This is not the first time it has happened that a filehost which was being heavily promoted at WJ went down in less than a year.

I never expressed any kind of frustration regarding my loss with OBOOM and I am not putting the entire blame on OBOOM or WJ Administration. I made the wrong choice for which I accept responsibility. But my decision to use OBOOM was partly (I would say 5%) influenced by WJ's Promotion.

I have learned my lesson and I have decided to stay away from promotions.

Hello, WJ has a very severe measure of accepting new file hosts to the support section, in this claim of yours you have no basis what so ever as you don't know how this process is made, but as one who knows only the edges of the process of accepting new file hosts to WJ I can assure you that if it would be any better, no new file hosts will appear on WJ.

In a democratic world if you wish to advertise your business your free to do so, there is no question about it.
The question if to use the service or use another service is ONLY up to you Machar and no one else, if you go and work with (in this case) oboom you also agree to the terms of service which beyond any doubt warn you of what can happen.

WJ will continue advertising new file hosts as long as they stand in the rules applied to them.

Last edited:
WJ do request some information from file hosts who wish to promote their services here.
Using the one year old criteria for file hosts being allowed to list here would mean that the official pages would be a shadow of the current pages that we see. You and I both know that such a large percentage of file hosts don`t even make it to their first birthday.
I`m not trying to be an asshole here and pulling to bits everything that you have said but to expect a forum to police file hosts and make decisions (even partly) on whether they are misleading affiliates is just not realistic.

What we decided to do with our own file host is to offer daily payments and low (really low) earning thresholds. We did this so to provide affiliates with some confidence that they was never far away from being paid. Don`t get me wrong...we are still a very small host (only been active since October last year) but we are growing and aim to deliver a decent service to the users and affiliates who choose to use us.

Anyway, good to have a discussion with you. I wish you well. :)

WJ do request some information from file hosts who wish to promote their services here.
Using the one year old criteria for file hosts being allowed to list here would mean that the official pages would be a shadow of the current pages that we see. You and I both know that such a large percentage of file hosts don`t even make it to their first birthday.
I`m not trying to be an asshole here and pulling to bits everything that you have said but to expect a forum to police file hosts and make decisions (even partly) on whether they are misleading affiliates is just not realistic.

What we decided to do with our own file host is to offer daily payments and low (really low) earning thresholds. We did this so to provide affiliates with some confidence that they was never far away from being paid. Don`t get me wrong...we are still a very small host (only been active since October last year) but we are growing and aim to deliver a decent service to the users and affiliates who choose to use us.

It seems like your concern is to advertise your file host through a discussion in this thread.

It seems like your concern is to advertise your file host through a discussion in this thread.

He is in queue ;)

I am not claiming anything. I was just expressing my opinion. The rules need to be made a bit more stringent so as to prevent the possibility of scams.
I do agree that scams cannot be 100% averted just by beefing up the rules but they can be prevented to a certain extent.
I am always in favor for betterment of the Community which is why I voiced my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back