sugestion file host for backup my files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARKONADA

i need a trustable filehost with unlimited storage time, unlimited storage capacity, files never deleted, very good upload and download speed for premium only for store a backup of myfiles , i would never post it

i am using uploading because i have a year of premium membership but i think they are gonna to limit premium account to 50 gb per user and i need another account to transfer my files

sugestion will be wellcome

24 comments
Mediafire $65/yr

Filefactory $80

Hotfile $55

Fileserve $10/m

Filesonic $9/m

Megashares

Last edited:
I had same question. I went with mediafire pro since they give you 100GB/month hotlink, so you can reupload the files when they go down on other hosts.

Rapidshare is also an idea, BUT you must have files that have unique MD5 as they will remove DMCA files across all accounts if have same checksum.

MediaFire starts banning a lot of accounts in the recent 7 days.
I and 17 of my friends who only share MF links in private forums and they got banned, without any DMCA complaints and warning mails.
Some people who haven't got banned also found that some files in their accounts got blocked (even he is a MediaPro member).
Furthermore, the captcha pop up to free users like mad in the recent 7 days.
Does it only happen on me and my friends?

Now I lost my MF files, and I only have my backup in RS.
So I also need a good site to mirror my RS backup.
How about Bayfiles premium?
Are there any people having bad experience to them?

OP is looking for filehost to backup not to share. Your example of private forums doesn't apply. You're not supposed to share your backup files...

I hear good things about Bayfiles though... but have never used. So its only what I have heard YMMV

Sharing in private forums is almost equal to non-sharing.
People who haven't reply or click the ThankYou button are not able to see download links.
I mean MF starts blocking files whether they are shared or not shared.
In other words, I and my friends suspect that MediaFire starts scanning files and blocks them or just disables accounts.
It not only becomes a big disaster in those private forums, but also affects some people who don't share files anywhere.

If you can still see a file in your file manager, it doesn't indicate the file hasn't been blocked.
You have to logout your account and download that file, or you cannot know whether it's blocked or not.
The file's owner can download blocked files, but other people cannot.
It looks like no problem, but maybe your account will be disabled tomorrow.

By the way, we always use passwords to protect our RAR archives and encrypt filenames, so RapidShare's MD5 blacklist cannot affect us.
It's really a good backup site for us.

Last edited:
Yes, stick to rapidshare. I have over 11TB backed up there and shared on a small private forum. Upload speeds are decent, download speeds are CONSTANT and over 60MB/s, files don't just disappear or become temporarily unavailable (like most other hosts including MU or FS).

Like other people said, make sure you have unique MD5s. And if you're uploading movies or tv shows, perhaps it would also be a good idea to obscure the filenames.

I also use bayfiles, but i wouldn't recommend it. They seem to have a bug where some files get "file not found" despite showing up in the file manager. These same files will start working a few weeks later, but then some other ones will get that error. So yeah, bayfiles is not recommended as a main host.

At the end of the day, it depends on how much you're storing. If it's only a few TB, then most sites will accommodate you.

Last edited:
RS also maintains servers sometimes, so some files also become temporarily unavailable for a short time.
Unlike MU, all temporarily unavailable files will be online at last.
However, very few files stored in RS can be only downloaded at 0 ~ 60 KB/s forever.
I think it's their hardware issue, but you can still finish this download job if you use IDM and wait some days (and that file will have 300 ~ 1000 DL counts in file manager).
Although the probability is absolutely low, I think I still need another site to backup my file.

Have any one tried peejeshare?

Last edited:
bayfiles hasn't been around too long, I would not want to spend days uploading everything and then have them suddenly go away. They don't seem too popular because no affiliates program so hard to say if they are financially healthy.

what prevent me from buying mediafire is their lack of decent uploader. Their software isn't great. And they are located in U.S. so they could be taken down. They are on MPAA hit list and speeds are slow from NL.

No affiliate program = site is more financially "healthy", not the other way around. Bayfiles are ~2000 on alexa so they're probably doing okay, and it was founded by two of the pirate bay founders.

You could also try Putlocker, they seem to be quite popular (i.e. can afford to host heaps of files) & their plans do say they're unlimited. I have no experience with them though!

Last edited:
thanks for suggestion. I also looked at putlocker. They have great price and are fast, but since they closed their affiliate I worry they won't be around for the long term which makes it hard to trust them with backups.

>>>>>>but since they closed their affiliate I worry they won't be around for the long term which makes it hard to trust them with backups. >>>>>>

What. You do realize that by closing affiliate programs, they have more spare money to invest into fixing bugs and buying better servers?

Some examples of sites without affiliate programs:
-Rapidshare is one of the oldest filehosts, it has no affiliate program
-Megaupload had no affiliate program and was very successful
-Mediafire has no affiliate program

is it have to be a filehost service ? becouse they will die soon or later
i have the same problem i need a service that works as back up .
i wont share my files they will be only mine
anywone can help ??

Depends on the volume of your backup. How much do you want to store? If it's in the terabytes or hundreds of gigabytes, you'd have to go with filehosts since sites like dropbox will be too expensive.

is it have to be a filehost service ? becouse they will die soon or later
i have the same problem i need a service that works as back up .
i wont share my files they will be only mine
anywone can help ??

Honestly...if you won't share, then the best option is buy your own Harddisk.

If you used online storage, there always risk.
Ok, using your own HDD is have risk too, but not as much as online storages :)

Depends on the volume of your backup. How much do you want to store? If it's in the terabytes or hundreds of gigabytes, you'd have to go with filehosts since sites like dropbox will be too expensive.
i want to store hundreds of gigabytes. i guess my only option is Rapidshare or Filefactory :(
Honestly...if you won't share, then the best option is buy your own Harddisk.

If you used online storage, there always risk.
Ok, using your own HDD is have risk too, but not as much as online storages :)
the problem is my internet connection, i have only 4mb thats why it must be online so i can remote upload
mediafire is starting to delete a lot of files also alot of accounts
i tought about torrent site but i dont know anything about it
if u can help me with anything i will very mach apprecieted
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back